Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : should women be allowed to be topless in public?
Choice Votes Statistics
Hell yes!!! 83 48 %
Yes, in certain places 68 39 %
No 20 11 %

should women be allowed to be topless in public? Options · View
bat
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 4:59:47 PM

Shhh

Infinite Love IS the Only Truth...Everything else IS Illusion!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/my-own-slow-ride.aspx

1ball
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 5:37:20 PM

I don't understand why people are worried about having their kids see women topless but not worried about them seeing men topless. And I really don't see how "concerns" trump liberties. We pay a price for letting that happen. By what right can we be prevented from doing what doesn't violate another's rights?

One of the few public places where I sometimes go shirtless is in my car (no sunburn there). I can't see why women shouldn't be allowed to go topless in the privacy of their cars.

For the Ontario Canadians. Does anybody move out because their kids might see boobs?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
VanGogh
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 5:41:57 PM

There are plenty of men I wish would NEVER take their shirts off in public ... good lord, give me a break!

angry7

I can only imagine that if women could go around shirtless, there would be a lot less people loving those female forms that should never be exposed to public scrutiny.

Really .... no ... unless you look like Jessica Alba or Ryan Gosling (both spectacular bodies) ... no! Cover up and wear appropriate freaking bras so that your boobs are not hanging down at your waist.

coffee

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting with The Secretary and The Student - first part

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

1ball
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 5:54:45 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
There are plenty of men I wish would NEVER take their shirts off in public ... good lord, give me a break!

angry7

I can only imagine that if women could go around shirtless, there would be a lot less people loving those female forms that should never be exposed to public scrutiny.

Really .... no ... unless you look like Jessica Alba or Ryan Gosling (both spectacular bodies) ... no! Cover up and wear appropriate freaking bras so that your boobs are not hanging down at your waist.

coffee

Is it really that easy to justify using the power of law to make something illegal just because you don't like it? Would you decree that no men can ever go shirtless in public? Why the double standard?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
VanGogh
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 6:01:24 PM

1ball wrote:

Is it really that easy to justify using the power of law to make something illegal just because you don't like it? Would you decree that no men can ever go shirtless in public? Why the double standard?

hey, the question was .... should women be allowed to be topless in public? My answer is: No.

My opinion is also, there's a lot of men who should not take off their shirts too!! As I stated, unless the person is of a magnificent specimen, I'd rather not be subject to the rolls, hair, ugh.

Just because I don't like it, would I decree that no man ever go shirtless in public? and is that a double standard? .... Is someone gonna make me Supreme Law Maker?? lmao

Relax 1ball .... the question was answered and I extended to the fact that I think that some men should NOT take off their shirts either! Now, Ryan is always welcome in my bedroom COMPLETELY naked!!

love10

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student

Enjoy!!

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 6:50:40 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

angry7

coffee

So basically, unless a person meets some artificial and wholly arbitrary standard of beauty that can change at any time, they should be ashamed of their bodies and walk around completely covered. Do we all have to wear burkas, or will simple coveralls do? You do realize that there's a limited supply of Albas and Goslings in the world, don't you?

Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 7:20:18 PM

I don't think women should be allowed to be topless in public as for women it is a form of public nudity. Breastfeeding is a gray area, as women need to be able to feed there children but neither should they go out of their way to flash the general public.
1ball
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 8:10:26 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

hey, the question was .... should women be allowed to be topless in public? My answer is: No.

The point of the protest mentioned by the OP in the first post was the legality of toplessness for women. So in that context, doesn't it make sense to assume that 'allowed' means 'legally allowed'? We're in The Think Tank here. The length of the Poll question is limited. Isn't it normal for people to get the context of the poll from the originator's post in it?

So, are you honestly saying that women shouldn't legally be allowed to go topless?

VanGogh
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 8:34:39 PM

1ball wrote:
The point of the protest mentioned by the OP in the first post was the legality of toplessness for women. So in that context, doesn't it make sense to assume that 'allowed' means 'legally allowed'? We're in The Think Tank here. The length of the Poll question is limited. Isn't it normal for people to get the context of the poll from the originator's post in it?

So, are you honestly saying that women shouldn't legally be allowed to go topless?

what don't you understand about the word "no"?

No, I don't believe that women should be "allowed" to be topless in public, pursuant to the originator's question.

Legally, well, we all live in different countries .... in my country please see below:

Quote:
CANADA
In 1991 toplessness as an indecent act was challenged by Gwen Jacob in Guelph, Ontario, who removed her shirt and was charged with indecency. Part of her defense was the double standards between men and women. Although she was convicted, this was overturned by the Court of Appeal. This case determined that being topless is not indecent under the meaning of the Criminal Code. However it did not establish any constitutional right of equality. This case subsequently led to the acquittal of women in British Columbia and Saskatchewan who faced similar charges. Although each province and territory technically reserves its right to interpret the law as it pleases, the Ontario case has proven influential. Since the matter has not been determined by the Supreme Court of Canada, it is still possible that a woman could be convicted elsewhere in Canada, but interpretation of moral law in Canada has become increasingly liberalised. There do not appear to have been any further women charged in Canada since these cases were determined.

Here in BC, the Pride Parade is all about topless, all genders. Do I really care?? Not really. How do I feel about my daughter partaking .... it's her life. But as I stated above, I don't really want to see my co-worker coming to work without her shirt on. Thank god law firms have dress codes.

And your condescending tone of "we're in the think tank here" has me wondering if anyone really cares or considers others' opinions, or if they just want to ram their own thoughts and what they deem as correct, down the readers' throats.

*shrug* ....

have a great topless day!!

PA

Enjoy!!

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 8:54:34 PM

VeryCuriousGuy wrote:
I don't think women should be allowed to be topless in public as for women it is a form of public nudity. Breastfeeding is a gray area, as women need to be able to feed there children but neither should they go out of their way to flash the general public.

What I don't understand is: Exactly what's wrong with public nudity?

People preach over and over about body acceptance, and about how it's really what's in a person's heart that's important. They say that it doesn't matter if a person is overweight, or too skinny - that we should accept them as they are and not care about what society has tried to convince us is "beautiful." The body is just flesh - we all have it. All men have the same man-parts, and all women have the same woman-parts. Why is it wrong for someone to see another person's bare body?

I've asked this question in several venues, and the answer I hear most commonly is something like, "He's ugly, I don't wanna see that." or "She's so fat... who wants to see that?"

But if we're so honest about accepting people based on what's in their hearts, rather than what they look like, why should that matter? Nobody has a perfect body. Everyone has flaws. Some are bigger, some are smaller, but everybody's got them. If people were more accustomed to seeing nudity, then they really would become more accepting of all kinds of different body types. We would begin to look past the exterior surface of a person and into their hearts. We wouldn't be so quick to judge one another based on superficial values. Eventually, little jealousies and envies would be forgotten, and people would be closer to being able to be who they really are, instead of who society says they should be.

Of course, open nudity could lead to some people acting inappropriately. I can easily envision exhibitionists openly masturbating or having other kinds of sex play in public. I don't think anybody would want young children exposed to those kinds of acts. But it's important to separate the act from the circumstances. Open nudity wouldn't cause anyone to act inappropriately unless that behavior was in them from the beginning. It would be more than just to punish the inappropriate behavior as long as you kept in mind the difference between illicit behavior and simple nudity. The nudity doesn't cause the illicit behavior - it just brings it out into the open where it can be dealt with.

1ball
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 9:32:22 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
No, I don't believe that women should be "allowed" to be topless in public, pursuant to the originator's question.

The context in which you understood the originator's question isn't clear, because the originator did not specifically state 'legally allowed' in the question you answered. So, do you think it should be illegal for women to be topless in public? Do you think it should be illegal for men to be topless in public?

Quote:
And your condescending tone of "we're in the think tank here" has me wondering if anyone really cares or considers others' opinions, or if they just want to ram their own thoughts and what they deem as correct, down the readers' throats.

I'm considering your opinion, but I'm wondering if you're considering the implications of it. If what we're talking about is a matter public policy (as is indicated by the OP's post), and if having good public policy is important, then isn't being able to articulate reasons for your opinions that would make your opinions suitable for good public policy desirable? Because if not, what's the point of calling this a think tank instead of a feel tank?

Should we just limit what people can do, simply because you might see something you consider to be unattractive?

Betheny
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 9:33:25 PM

To deny women equal rights is a crime. If men can go topless than so can women otherwise it's discrimination.
Frank
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:01:48 PM

Shame on you Not if they're directing traffic! boobieflash2

Lfunny

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.
Aldous Huxley

1ball
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:07:43 PM

Betheny wrote:
To deny women equal rights is a crime. If men can go topless than so can women otherwise it's discrimination.

That's a problem here in much of the US. We stupidly have legal discrimination and we pay a price for it. On top of that we have all kinds of laws that restrict our freedoms even though the people who break them aren't hurting anybody but maybe themselves. We waste a lot of money enforcing them.

VanGogh
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:39:00 PM

1ball wrote:
I'm considering your opinion, but I'm wondering if you're considering the implications of it. If what we're talking about is a matter public policy (as is indicated by the OP's post), and if having good public policy is important, then isn't being able to articulate reasons for your opinions that would make your opinions suitable for good public policy desirable? Because if not, what's the point of calling this a think tank instead of a feel tank?

Should we just limit what people can do, simply because you might see something you consider to be unattractive?

oh boy, 1ball - the original poster's question is:

should women be allowed to be topless in public? .... correct? There is nothing in that statement that reflects "legally allowed" ... and to presume that is what the OP intended is, well, presumptuous.

I answered with .... no.

I stated I don't want to see rolls, and hanging breasts .... because I don't. Not all women look like Jessica Alba, or Racquel Welch. I also stated, there are some men who really should "keep their shirts on"! (Again, because some guys just aren't - insert someone who has a good body) It was quite in jest, but I meant it not just as funny but in all seriousness. And your comment of "should we just limit what people can do, simply because you might see something you consider to unattractive?" is a ridiculous question. Laws are put in affect usually for the well being of society. And then, to get into the legal aspect .... I think that many agree that the gender bending laws in some countries are archaic. I am fortunate to live in a country were gay marriages are legal ... and I also live in a country with freedom of self-expression and speech. I am blessed.

And, hooray for such an interesting topic of conversation. Over dinner tomorrow, I'll ask my guests their opinions! Please note ... Clothing is mandatory at my dinner table.

PA

Enjoy!!

Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:45:10 PM

I might suggest that we should wonder if women should be allowed to wear tops at all... just my thoughts on the issue. After all, what's lovelier than a woman's breasts?
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 11:02:08 PM

Craig1967 wrote:
I might suggest that we should wonder if women should be allowed to wear tops at all... just my thoughts on the issue. After all, what's lovelier than a woman's breasts?

It all depends on the breasts, apparently.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:35:15 AM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

I stated I don't want to see rolls, and hanging breasts .... because I don't. Not all women look like Jessica Alba, or Racquel Welch. I also stated, there are some men who really should "keep their shirts on"! (Again, because some guys just aren't - insert someone who has a good body) It was quite in jest, but I meant it not just as funny but in all seriousness. And your comment of "should we just limit what people can do, simply because you might see something you consider to unattractive?" is a ridiculous question. Laws are put in affect usually for the well being of society. And then, to get into the legal aspect .... I think that many agree that the gender bending laws in some countries are archaic. I am fortunate to live in a country were gay marriages are legal ... and I also live in a country with freedom of self-expression and speech. I am blessed.

And, hooray for such an interesting topic of conversation. Over dinner tomorrow, I'll ask my guests their opinions! Please note ... Clothing is mandatory at my dinner table.

PA

It still seems like you're using the "Some people don't have a good body, hence it shouldn't be allowed" as a valid reason for not allowing women to go topless. So if I read your post wrong then basically you're saying that it's for the good of society that ugly people keep their clothes on. So much for keeping shallowness out of the law.

And obviously you find the topic interesting enough to put in several posts here...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
1ball
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:47:10 AM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
And your comment of "should we just limit what people can do, simply because you might see something you consider to unattractive?" is a ridiculous question.

Based on your reluctance to state plainly and clearly that you are blithely ignoring the equal rights aspect, it's not a ridiculous question. You're essentially blaming me for your lack of clarity on how you would accomplish the goal of disallowing female toplessness. I guessed that you would use the legal route, because that's how the issue was presented in the OP's post. I would think that someone who works for a law firm would gain through osmosis an understanding of the value of clarity.

Quote:
And then, to get into the legal aspect .... I think that many agree that the gender bending laws in some countries are archaic. I am fortunate to live in a country were gay marriages are legal ... and I also live in a country with freedom of self-expression and speech. I am blessed.

So does this mean that you think public toplessness for women should be legal? Do you have a problem with giving clear answers?

Quote:
And, hooray for such an interesting topic of conversation.

Isn't this kind of topic what the Think Tank is for? If women should not be allowed to go topless in public, who or what should disallow that? Who or what should they bow to?

VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:02:53 AM

yawn

Enjoy!!

Leiza350
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 11:56:20 AM

yes....lol
elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 12:42:40 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
I realise that I now have lost the debate thus I will from now on try to belittle everyone of you by trying to make people think you're having a debate about something trivial

There, I fixed it for you. Hope you don't mind happy8

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:47:54 PM

elitfromnorth wrote:

There, I fixed it for you. Hope you don't mind happy8

Oh, I see ..... YOU think it's ok to EDIT my words to your own opinion?? How dare you??

disgusting .....

A man that stoops to that immature level certainly shouldn't be a mod of any type. Right Farmer Phil???

angry7

Enjoy!!

LadyX
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:52:36 PM

Who is farmer Phil?
sprite
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:56:00 PM

LadyX wrote:
Who is farmer Phil?

he has a music festival in Shropshire every August. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:56:01 PM

LadyX wrote:
Who is farmer Phil?

oh, Elit knows!! Shhh

Enjoy!!

LadyX
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:58:10 PM

Ok lol, who is Vexx? Are you speaking in code? Can the flashlight pass the checkpoint on hour alpha?
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:59:34 PM

honestly ... the debate in my opinion wasn't a debate ... contrary to anyone's postings here.

The Think Tank was designed for "hot topics" and a place where all can express their point of view, encouraging others to think outside their own box/mind.

My opinion has validity ... as does the opinions of 1ball and everyone's here. Don't belittle me for my opinion.

and I do NOT think anyone should quote a person .... and change the words to suit their own needs. Quite frankly, I'd suspend the offenders who do that .... oh, but I am not a mod anymore.

Play nice kids.

Thank you.

Enjoy!!

elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 2:03:05 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

Oh, I see ..... YOU think it's ok to EDIT my words to your own opinion?? How dare you??

disgusting .....

A man that stoops to that immature level certainly shouldn't be a mod of any type. Right Farmer Phil???

angry7

Oh, so you do mind. Sorry. Will try to not make it happen again. Was only trying to make your view more clear for everyone Embarassed

1ball
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 5:13:58 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
My opinion has validity

As public policy?