Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can Romney/Ryan get elected? Options · View
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:24:09 PM

CoopsRuthie wrote:
1ball, if you don't know the answer to a question look it up.

Why would I care? It's irrelevant. Playing Bash The President with irrelevant statistics is a meaningless pursuit.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 10:01:21 PM

Why would America elect a well lubricated weather vane in Mitt Romney? What ever way the wind blows...thats Mitt. A real opportunist. And Ryan....not even close to being ready for prime time.
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 10:08:30 PM

CarteBlanche wrote:
Why would America elect a well lubricated weather vane in Mitt Romney?

Considering the alternative and the directions we're heading with him, why wouldn't we? Romney would spend four years trying to get reelected and Obama would spend four years trying to patch up his legacy. It seems investors would rather wait four years than jump into the latter.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:13:48 AM

CoopsRuthie wrote:
midnightraider61, Nidal Hassan hasn't been tried yet, that much is true. His trial, has been delayed for various reasons which can easily be found by looking for them on the Internet. Most recently he has been ordered to shave his beard by the judge in order that it not be prejudicial to the jury. It's a military trial and they are different from civilian trials.

Sincere thanks. I understand that Nidal Hassan is accused of a military offense on a United States Government reservation. I'd be interested in finding out if he could be tried in a civilian Federal court for levying war against the United States, and if Texas could try him in a state court. The latter sounds unlikely from what you say.

Before I revised the post, I noted that the extreme Islamists have quite a machine going that says they speak for all Muslims. There are high-profile cases of militants controlling quite a large amount of territory and forcing a great many people to do as they say. Pakistan seems caught on a pitchfork with corruption on one end and vicious Islamism on the other. Nigeria is split into a Muslim north and a Christian south with the capital right on the border between a Christian state and a sharia-law state. Once the colonel was killed in Libya, a group of Islamists went into the vast neighbor Mali and, according to one report (in a British magazine) are set to wipe all the cultural artifacts of Timbuktu off the face of the earth for being graven images. Mali is a large nation in area and hard to govern, as are Libya and Egypt. Other huge countries, in area and population, are either controlled by Islamists (Iran, north Sudan) or wobble precariously by cutting deals (all the countries listed above, along with Iraq, Malaysia, Indonesia and Bangladesh) or have frightful atrocities on all sides (several countries listed above and Syria and Yemen thrown in). They brought their savagery to our shores in September 2001 and have terrorized us at intervals since then.

A question of economics helps me pick sides in the contest. Am I better off economically since January 20, 2009? The answer is an unqualified negative. In fact I have lost income. Many businesses are still so shaky that they hire workers at only the barest amount they can pay and look to cut loose workers at the first opportunity. I don't have much concern about big businesses. There are plenty of high-paid executives and plenty of big-deal money transfers, and there are plenty of staggeringly overpaid people who seem to side with the Democrats. I feel like those people have bullied me into being ashamed of myself to such an extent that I don't want to try to advance myself in the world, and I don't like it at all.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:43:59 AM

midnightraider61 wrote:

They brought their savagery to our shores in September 2001 and have terrorized us at intervals since then.

With all the evidence which proves this fallacy otherwise...people still prefer the official Bush administration conspiracy theory which was rolled out & trumpeted before either tower vaporized.

After all...Atta's passport (smoking gun) was found in the rubble at ground zero, but all the indestructible aircraft parts, melted in the kerosene fueled office equipment fires.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:50:27 AM

Have you noticed that a lot of people's ability to think rationally (including mine) go out the window on such an emotional subject as this?

To Tazz, you have some interesting points. I probably would have been a High (Hamiltonian) Federalist during the days Hamilton was alive, especially given the French Revolution and the Reign of Terror. Not everything about him was bad. It would have been a very difficult time getting the United States to unite without his and James Madison's persuasiveness and writing skills. He also had the full confidence of George Washington and in turn helped persuade Washington to stay in office as a leader whom all parties could trust.

I hadn't heard about the passport surfacing in the rubble. It might have been a freakish incident of being protected by various objects around it. Besides that, I cannot speculate.
naughtynurse
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:30:18 PM

1ball wrote:

Sometimes you just have to think about which is the greater danger. In this case, the stakes are economic collapse or whatever we would get with a purple GOP president.

The greatest danger to me and my family comes from the PETA & HSUS embracing left. Hence the reason I would lean towards Romney.

An Editor's Pick

My latest Recomended Read: Something Borrowed
1ball
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:51:11 PM

naughtynurse wrote:
The greatest danger to me and my family comes from the PETA & HSUS embracing left. Hence the reason I would lean towards Romney.

A lot of people vote on the basis of their personal plight under one party or the other. Some would undoubtedly call them selfish for doing that, but the fact is, the people who would do so are just as selfish. They just don't have the level of self awareness to overcome the dogma they use to justify it.

Parents often try to vote in their own best interest and the interests of their children and future generations. Non parents often don't but substitute their personal causes instead. Either way, they're attempting to exercise control based on their priorities.

If you think your overall short and long term best interests are served by your choice against one party, voting for the other is the most effective way to do that.

HardNReady12
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:37:07 PM

principessa wrote:

Oh. please hope as well. I just want everyone to vote, too.

I don't want everyone to vote. If you are going to vote at least know who is who. Four years ago, exit polls were taken, the finding, the people voting for Barry, P-Bo, were less informed. When asked who controlled the house, they did know, when ask what party Princess Pelosi was part of they didn't know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 look at this video, go to the website Howobamagotelected.com
This is the level of Barry voters, if they vote again god help us.

Do you want this lady, and I use the term very loosely, to vote, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio Bedford Hts. Oh, 26 Sept '12
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:40:29 AM

naughtynurse wrote:
So, I am one of those independent voters. I had truly hoped Obama could help things, but the truth is he has failed. However, I don't think Romney would make anything better. So my dilemma is this: do I vote with my head, against Obama? Or with my heart in support of a 3rd party candidate, knowing that it amounts to a vote for Obama? Knowing that he has attempted to push through some pretty anti farming pieces of legislature?

I honestly don't know. I'll update you when I make up my mind.

If you vote for a third party candidate, you are voting for Barry, P-Bo. Go see the movie 2016 Obama America. I'm not really glad about Mitt but we need to get rid of Barry. Too much debt, Barry has added close to $6T debt and for what. The Proggies have sent us over the cliff, and there be no saving us now. Both parties are to blame but the last four have been the worst.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:42:33 AM

naughtynurse wrote:

I know about PETA, but I don't know what HSUS is. Please let me know.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:57:48 AM

1ball wrote:

Considering the alternative and the directions we're heading with him, why wouldn't we? Romney would spend four years trying to get reelected and Obama would spend four years trying to patch up his legacy. It seems investors would rather wait four years than jump into the latter.

I don't see Mitt being a focus group candidate. On the other hand Barry will say whatever he needs to to get elected. 4 years ago he said many things to many groups. Go see the the movie 2016 Obama's America, 2016the movie.com We need to replace him, if he get for more years
watch this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 Barry has added close to $6T in debt. We will never pay it back, putting our children and grandchildren in debt and we will not recover. 15 million more people on food stamps, Gas at $4 a gallon. Drilling down 44% on public land. The dollar has shrunk by 30% maybe more. Fed chief Bernanke printing $T's of dollars, back by nothing. Unemployment over 8% for 43 months.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:06:59 AM

MissyLuvsYa wrote:
I think the race is very close, too close to call in every poll, especially the swing states. There are a lot of people very unhappy with the current leadership and spending as if there are no consequences.

Spending is right In Jan '09 we owed $10.626T on Tues 04 Sept while the Proggies were arguing about putting God in their platform, we hit $16T in debt, so Barry and the Proggies have added close to $6T in new debt, we will never pay off. I hope you are working paying in to Social Security because if you are under 55, it won't be there be there for you. see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 See the movie 2016, Obama's America go to the web site 2016themovie.com voting for a third party candidate will give Barry 4 more years.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:19:58 AM

sprite wrote:
This is America, people vote, not for whom they like, but as a knee jerk reaction for whom they don't like - Obama is, according to the white... i mean, right... a black foreign muslim not born in the US and who is responsible for every thing that's happened to our economy for the past 8 years - Ryan and Mitt are good looking white guys who make promises they won't keep and who have enough money to buy all of Europe and half of Africa - i think it's gonna be scary close...

Barry was raised in Jakarta, Indonesia, and went to a Muslim Madrasah, His white mummy married a black muslim from Kenya. She divorced him and married Lolo Suetoto, and moved to Jakarta, when Lolo got a job with an American oil company mummy sent Barry back to Hawaii, to grandpa, who was a lefty, where Frank Marshall Davis, became Barry's mentor. Davis was a commie and instilled those values in young Barry. See the movie 2016, Obama's America, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 and to the web site 2016themovie.com Find out what you don't know. watch this video too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:25:52 AM

stephanie wrote:

As Obama continues to wade through eight years of Bush engendered shit, incidentally blocked at every attempted reform by a vindictive Republican congress, Romney and Ryan lie, pander and patently back-flip in an effort to woo America.

Offering platitudes and empty passionless promises, and backed by mega-billion dollar corporations (who REALLY care about ordinary people...) these two men seem to be using soft soap and snake oil in an effort to hoodwink America into selling its soul.

Can they do it?

xx Steph

When Bush 43 was in office unemployment was 5.26% average. Gas was $1.84 in Jan '09. Now, gas is $4. and unemployment has been over 8% for 43 months. The work force is the smallest it has been in 31 years. 15 million more people on food stamps. in Jan '09 we owed $10.626T now we owe $16T.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:35:51 AM

stephanie wrote:

I watched the Tampa RNC and was appalled! I felt so sorry for those ordinary Americans who, struggling to find solace, are placing their hopes in the hands of these heartless, manipulative, self-serving BASTARDS...

Is 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell on the cirriculum in the USA? 'Cos you're going to live it if you elect these pigs.

xx Steph

BTW, I WANT to hear from Republicans, and I'll listen respectfully... I want to understand, really, truly...

There is plenty of blame to go around. I am not a Republican, I am a Sovereignist, I believe my rights come from my creator, not my government. The left, the proggies are the ones at war with women, not the right. If Barry is reelected the US as we know is will be over. In Jan '09 we owed $10.626T when the Proggies were in NC, the debt hit $16T. Almost 6T in new debt is all on Barry. watch this video and see who voted for Barry last time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 Whe the Proggies voted to put God in the platform they need to take 3 voice votes and God still lost.
naughtynurse
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:38:09 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:

I know about PETA, but I don't know what HSUS is. Please let me know.

Humane Society of the United States. The group that makes heart wrenching ads utilizing famous people and lots of pictures of starving puppies. They actually are a lobbying group that uses less then 1% of their funding for shelters; they are not actually connected with local animal shelters. PETA rescues more puppies(although both groups typically slaughter the animals they "rescue") I personally find HSUS more revolting then PETA, as PETA is upfront about the fact that they are a lobbying group. I don't agree with PETA, but I respect their rights to have their own opinions. HSUS is underhanded and projects itself to be above board and helpful, in reality the donated dollars go to lawyers and the executives.

An Editor's Pick

naughtynurse
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:47:40 AM

1ball wrote:

A lot of people vote on the basis of their personal plight under one party or the other. Some would undoubtedly call them selfish for doing that, but the fact is, the people who would do so are just as selfish. They just don't have the level of self awareness to overcome the dogma they use to justify it.

Parents often try to vote in their own best interest and the interests of their children and future generations. Non parents often don't but substitute their personal causes instead. Either way, they're attempting to exercise control based on their priorities.

If you think your overall short and long term best interests are served by your choice against one party, voting for the other is the most effective way to do that.

Very true. My family are all farmers. My parents, my siblings, and my children all live and work on a farm. I work with exotics myself. The legislation that the current administration has attempted to push through would put many of us out of business. I cannot vote to keep the current administration in government. I just don't care for Romney either.

An Editor's Pick

HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:51:22 AM

stephanie wrote:

Interesting points here, particularly the 'Better The Devil You Know' offering, which I wouldn't have considered...

Thank you, Mr. NP...

(This is the kind of offering I'm looking for and will help me understand and, pardon me, enjoy an election that will affect me, (eventually...) as much as it affects my USA Lushies of ALL political persuasions.)

xx Steph

We may not have a country in 2016 if Barry is reelected. Barry has run up a debt of close to $6T, clearly 1/3 more than we had in Jan'09 when Barry was installed. We need to make a change and make it now, 43 months of unemployment over 8%, gas at $4 a gallon 15 million more on food stamps. smallest labor force in 31 yrs. watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8
go see the movie 2016 Obama's America. Barry is a Marxist he was raised by Proggies and is trying to run the country as one.
HardNReady12
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:08:40 AM

CoopsRuthie wrote:
[quote=HardNReady12]
We happened to put this rumor to bed somewhat recently in Nealz Nuze.

Nealz Nuze? Really? Is that the best reference you can come up with. Neal Boortz is a draft dodging, bigoted, spoiled Randite. He twists facts to suit his own arguments. He lies. He claims to be a Libertarian but he has never voted for anybody except Republicans. He is led around by the nose by corporate interests, and his radio show is right wing propaganda. We put something to rest on Nealz Nuze? Who is we? "We," indeed. Do you think Boortz and Limbaugh and the rest of those chicken hawk ass clowns care anything about you? You're living in a dream world. Try listening to something besides Fox News and right wing radio.

The truth is that Clinton left office with a budget surplus. You can deny that or lie about it to your master Boortz's hearts content, but it won't change the fact. Clinton left Bush a surplus and he turned it into a massive deficit. Bush policies destroyed the economy and lost 7,900,000 jobs. Clinton policies produced a 14.7% increase in real income. Bush policies only produced 1.6%. The majority of Bush era tax cuts went to the richest Americans. The middle class only shared 7% of the tax breaks. That's a massive redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top.

According to American's for Responsible Taxes, "President Clinton, after raising taxes in 1993, oversaw an economy that went from 111 million jobs in August of that year (the month Clinton’s budget plan passed, including the increase in taxes) to 129 million jobs six years later—an increase of 16.2 percent, and more than three times better than under the Bush tax cuts.”

According to the Congressional Budget Office, nearly half the cost of all legislation enacted from 2001 to 2007 can be attributed to the tax cuts.”

Learn to think for yourself. Boortz isn't smart enough to even think for himself, much less all the people who listen to him.

Did you look at the CBO? The CBO does what's told to do. Before the Unaffordable Health Care Act Was passed the CBO said it would cost 700 Billion after it passed it jumped to $1.7T why? it always did cost 1.7T. Barry took 500 out of Medicare to TRY to pay for Obummer care.
As to Boortz, he is a Libertarian, has voted Libertarian, you sound like a Proggie. you sound like the proggies in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 Both side are screwing us, the Right is just doing it slower. Clinton had a good economy thanks to the internet boom, but it didn't last. Revenues were good and he lowered capital gains taxes. After he left office he cashed in and has made millions. BTW b does not follow a, doing one thing does not mean the next will happen. Remember there are producers and takers and looters, which are you?
migbuster
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:44:34 AM

They had better or the Usof A will not be the beacon of the world. It will be a 3rd turn nation. berry is slowly destroying this nation.. I have never seen a prez who deamonize every thing, His is the Divider in cheif.
JessicaX
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:06:13 AM

Can Romney/Ryan win in November? Of course they can and here is why.

As Romney himself said (in a secretly recorded speech with fundraisers), 47% of the electorate are Obama supporters who will never vote for him. These 47% are freeloaders who don't pay any income tax and expect the government to give them everything free. Then there are 47% who are God loving, hard working tax payers, who are concerned about our nations future. He has them. The election then will be decided by the remaining 6%. These voters must be won in order for Romney to win.

How to win the 6%?
1) Flood the airwaves with commercials paid for by anonymous PACs. Lie and mislead voters. Examples, "The President has missed dozens of National Security Briefings so he can play golf--he is not doing his job." "Obama promised to keep the Janesville GM plant open for 100 years. It closed in April 2009." (closure was announced by GM in July 2008, by Christmas, 2008 only a handful of works remained to strip and close the building.)

2) Use the Big Lie Theory of Politics to scare voters in every campaign speech. Obama wants to half the military. Obama apologizes for America (besides apologizing for our burning Qurans--name an example.) Obama tripled the debt (remember your high school civics, only Congress controls the purse strings--just how did Obama get the money from a Republican House?) Obama cut Medicare by $700b - hurting our seniors (the cut was closing loopholes, cutting waste, not cutting one dime in benefits to seniors.)
And the biggest lie. You are worse off now than you were four years ago, when we were losing 800,000 jobs a month, housing had collapsed, the stock market was at 6,500, and banks were failing at the highest rate since 1933.

3) Subtely employ racist tactics. Obama cut the work rules for welfare (he didn't - he gave the state's the right to increase work rules if they wanted to - something they asked for and Republicans had demanded.) "Joke" about the legitimacy of Obama's Presidency (birth certificate), his heritage, his parents, and loyalty to America.

4) Pass voter ID laws to disenfranchise millions of probable Obama voters. Claiming wide spread voter fraud, in the face of unsuccessful attempt to find any evidence of such fraud.

5) Panic the 6%. America is at the tipping point. Take America back (from who?)

6) Count on ignorance of facts. ("We will not allow fact-checkers to dictate our campaign.")

The Senate Majority leader said the Republican party's number one goal was to make Obama a one term President. He said that in a fiscal crisis with millions unemployed. Can they win, oh yea they can...but will the United States?
JessicaX
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:12:41 AM

Correction: Mitch is, of course, the Minority Leader of the Senate.
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:48:41 AM

naughtynurse wrote:
I cannot vote to keep the current administration in government. I just don't care for Romney either.

As I see it, caring for the candidate is low on the list of priorities. The candidate's party is what makes him more or less dangerous. The balance of the House, Senate and Veto Pen is way more important than the personality. They're all professional liars.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:11:52 AM

I'm curious as to how big the setback his little slip up of every Obama voter is on welfare comment is gonna make him suffer. Surely the swing voters know a couple of hard working democrats who pay their taxes and are good citizens. Won't they be somewhat apalled that a man who is supposed to represent the entire country call half the people he wants to lead for free loaders? It certainly helps with the Democrats campaign on picturing Romney as a multi billionare who have no knowledge about how the common man fares.

Of course the conservatives will love him for this comment, but he's not the kind of people he need to convince. He pretty much have them in the bag already, simply because he's either a republican or because they hate the non-american muslim.

What's kinda funny is that he didn't withdraw the statement as an exaggeration, but more tried to say that he should have called all democrats for slackers in a more delicate way. I wonder if this man isn't capable of not offending half the people in the country when he's campaigning and talking without someone telling him what to say, how would he do when talking to world leaders who didn't come from a stinking rich background. I feel sorry for the interpreters...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:29:51 AM

You must be referring to this, Elit:

Romney/Ryan's path probably just got a little bit harder, or at the very least, an immediate opportunity to gain ground will be hindered short-term.

Memo to Romney: The 47% that you think's in Obama's pocket? That you think are freeloading takers who refuse to pull up their own pants in life?

According to multiple sources, 29% of that group pay payroll taxes, and almost a quarter are elderly. You know who else is in that number? Members of the military, and oh, how we all despise the freeloading ways of the men and women that defend our freedom! So, aside from retirees, you know what the lion's share of that 47 percent have in common?

They work.

In fact, the tax credit for low-wage workers was the brainchild of...wait for it...Republicans, who felt it would be more beneficial to the economy to have them working with the benefit of a big-ass tax break as opposed to being on welfare. What a crappy idea, huh?

A large number of that 47%, that struggle with low wages and finite retirement funds, are white Republicans. Nice work, Mittens. It's clear that you look down on everybody that hasn't enjoyed success. Once again, they must not have worked hard enough. Oh, and that 5 to 10 percent that you say you CAN sway? Good luck with that, given your penchant for speeches like this.

Don't you know that smart politicians use a dog whistle and let maniac surrogates spout hateful, divisive, uninformed bullshit? Why do it yourself, unless you just don't have what it takes to win what should be an easy election, given our predicament.
principessa
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:57:35 AM

Now demonstrating his expertise on domestic issues after that wonderful exhibition of his knowledge on foreign affairs. Go Mitt!!!

He has reshuffled his campaign staff. Sure, it is their fault that (quoting the late Ann Richards on Bush I) he was born with a silver foot in his mouth.

This reminds me of the Palin interview last time. Verbatim it was an SNL skit.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:24:34 AM

The Washington Post reports that Mitt Romney is tired of being derailed and is determined to refocus his campaign on the economy. He's going to create 12 million jobs during his first term, and here's his detailed 5-point plan to do it:

* Drill, Baby, Drill
* Bash China
* Fix our shcools
* Cut Spending
* Cut taxes and regulations

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Ruthie
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:37:45 PM

HardNReady12 wrote:

As to Boortz, he is a Libertarian, has voted Libertarian,

Boortz is a fascist, not an old fashioned Mussolini fascist, of course, but a modern corporate fascist. His dream government would be totally controlled by corporate interests. His philosophy is to allow the rich to run roughshod over the rest of us with no regulation. Like the criminals who would like to do without police, Boortz wants to do without government so that he and his friends can cheat and steal. He talks libertarianism on his radio show, but every election cycle he decides that he's going to vote Republican, because the stakes are just too high to leave it to the Democrats.

You really should try getting your news from other sources than Fox and right wing radio. There is no excuse for ignorance. Proggie? Proggie my ass.
Donte
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:46:55 PM

What government gives! Government can take away!