Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

2012 - The Year of ??? Options · View
1ball
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:39:28 AM

BangTidy wrote:
At this rate in the UK, 2012 will probably be the end of the line for (a) free banking (b) an NHS (c) hopefully those ugly Ugg boots all the girls wear. I hate them.

I didn't watch, but somebody told me that the opening ceremony of the Olympics was co-opted as a big advertisement for the blessings of the NHS. It would be kind of fitting for it to go down the tubes after that.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:46:15 PM

Better South America than China. China's views about how to deal with the world around them is reflected in their history with Tibet since 1949 and Tiananmen Square. Under Mao, the Chinese communists killed twice as many people as Hitler and Stalin combined, so by all means, lets see South America rise up and eclipse China, although it's not as if those nations have a lot to brag about in human rights or can offer much in the way of global political security.

But then most of the information we have come from "experts" and they're a dubious lot. As a collective whole, they never predicted the economic crash of a few years ago and back in the 80s predicted Japan would long since become the dominant economic power in the world. I do know I'd rather see someone else in the American presidential race on both sides of the political fence, someone like Virginia Senator James Webb. As for what actually happens in the times ahead, 2012 which is almost over and 2013, we'll have to wait and see. Lets just hope the Mayans were wrong at least about the end of the world in November.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:50:56 PM

the year of the driverless car - no, really, it won't be a big deal THIS year, but history will look back! in Nevada they have 12 different car companies testing out driverless cars and they seem to be working like dreams - only one crash, and that was someone running into the back of one of them - imagine being able to program your car to go anywhere, sit it in, let it do the driving, secure that you won't have to worry about an accident - can you imagine what this will do to insurance companies? and hey, drink driver? no problem, unless the CAR is drunk, he'll get hone safely, no deaths, no worries about texting or blowjobs while in cars, it's gonna revolutionize driving within the next decade.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2012 12:12:48 PM

sprite wrote:
the year of the driverless car - no, really, it won't be a big deal THIS year, but history will look back! in Nevada they have 12 different car companies testing out driverless cars and they seem to be working like dreams - only one crash, and that was someone running into the back of one of them - imagine being able to program your car to go anywhere, sit it in, let it do the driving, secure that you won't have to worry about an accident - can you imagine what this will do to insurance companies? and hey, drink driver? no problem, unless the CAR is drunk, he'll get hone safely, no deaths, no worries about texting or blowjobs while in cars, it's gonna revolutionize driving within the next decade.

That is fascinating. Looking forward to seeing my insurance rates drop.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Americanheart
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:18:38 AM

2012 the year of idiots

Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:05:03 PM

lhb1989 wrote:
2012 the year of idiots

I thought that was every year back through pre-historic times....
SITTING
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 4:26:56 AM

Well, for Britain, it's kind of Olympics/Diamond Jubilee... though the economy will probably get some attention too.
loud_bkr
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:34:43 AM

The year of...... Awesomness

Veronika
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:58:19 PM

Worst climatic & environmental disaster and maximum traffic accidents. Yes maximum graduates without jobs.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:27:05 AM

December 21, 2012; I don't believe it's gonna be the starts of the End of Days, but something monumental will happen.
adele
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 2:01:38 PM

For me personally, It has been the year of monumental personal change and discovery.

There is no mark of self,
And no mark of others,
No mark of living beings,
And no mark of a life.

-- The Diamond Sutra