Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can Romney/Ryan get elected? Options · View
1ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:32:16 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Are we to suppose that what Paul Ryan has been doing, is acceptable and encouraged, Buz? I mean, he's been bad mouthing the Obama Health Care initiative, joining all the opposition and calling it Obamacare - while in the background, actively applying for benefits for his district and gaining them. He has the gall to badmouth the policy? bs Just another lame, lying hypocrite. He's cut from the same cloth as Dick Cheney...I can see why Republicans lurve him.

While GOP vice-presidential hopeful Ryan today savages Obamacare as “irresponsible,” an editorial in the Nov. 1 The Nation magazine reports that on Dec. 10, 2010 Congressman Ryan wrote HHS “to recommend a grant application for the Kenosha Community Health Center Inc. to develop a new facility in Racine, Wis., an area within Ryan’s district.”

The grant Ryan requested was directly funded by the Affordable Care Act,” the magazine pointed out. The Nation’s editorial said Ryan’s letter “is a stark reminder that even the most ardent opponents of Obamacare privately acknowledge many of the law’s benefits.”

What kind of congressman would cut his own district out of the gravy train? If the country's going down the tubeseither way, might as well get reelected. One way to get rid of a bad policy is to help it reach its breaking point.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:45:43 PM

1ball wrote:

What kind of congressman would cut his own district out of the gravy train? If the country's going down the tubeseither way, might as well get reelected. One way to get rid of a bad policy is to help it reach its breaking point.

True. But with this understanding, I think we can all stop pretending that Paul Ryan is the "serious, policy-driven fiscal conservative" that his colleagues and complicit press outlets pimp him out to be. He's no better and no different than any other partisan hack that stirs his base with rhetoric while directly contradicting it through his own actions. So he'll make his cute little booklets and pie-charts, but they mean nothing in the end. So long as everyone in this conversation veers occasionally away from Fox News and right-wing blogs, that much can be agreed upon by all.
1ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:27:13 PM

LadyX wrote:
True. But with this understanding, I think we can all stop pretending that Paul Ryan is the "serious, policy-driven fiscal conservative" that his colleagues and complicit press outlets pimp him out to be.

On the contrary, using the morality of ideological enemies against them is a valid tactic. Politics isn't, "let's play fair." It's his voting record that has to remain pure.

Quote:
He's no better and no different than any other partisan hack that stirs his base with rhetoric while directly contradicting it through his own actions.

I love it when y'all get upset over having your morality used against you.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:29:19 PM

1ball wrote:

I love it when y'all get upset over having your morality used against you.

Who's upset? I feel it's important that we understand the difference between broadcasted rhetoric and real action when the differ. I'm sorry you feel it's unworthy of pointing out, we'll agree to disagree on this point.
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:00:25 PM

yes they can...and do you know why??because they built it....thats why...heeheee GO Romney/Ryan GO!!! put a real man back in the white house!!
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:06:19 PM

Maggiecat wrote:
because they built it

They didn't build that! laughing8
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:24:57 PM

They didn't build that! yes they did Romney choose Ryan to be his vice pres., so the did built it...they built a team....lmao!
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:43:04 PM

Not unless the administration does/has something seriously bad happen.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:39:40 PM

Romney & Ryan and the GOP are back to endorsing this guy (with money) silently. That Senate seat is the most important goal, you know...never mind what he said. Aside from making Obama a one term President, pay me and I'll get you what you need.

Write me a decent check and you'll catch my attention!

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
1ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:46:11 PM

LadyX wrote:

Who's upset? I feel it's important that we understand the difference between broadcasted rhetoric and real action when the differ. I'm sorry you feel it's unworthy of pointing out, we'll agree to disagree on this point.

Real action is how they vote. The rest is pretty much just lying to get reelected. You don't make the mistake of listening to speeches and debates, do you? Those minutes of your life are wasted.

LordOmega
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:28:06 PM

Okay I feel I need to speak up here.

1) Yes I am white
2) I am not rich
3) I am one of the millions of Americans without Health Care
4) I am also one of the people that helped bring Obama's number's to 8.1% by dropping off the employment roles

Now why do I say this. Because it is easy to say, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It is easy when you are in a position like I am to think that the people with money are out to get you and that there will never be a way to have the "Middle Class" we had under William Jefferson Clinton. However.

All of that is false.

First, everyone in this country that has a job draws a paycheck because of the profit a company makes. If they do not make a profit they close. If the owner is not making money he lays off.

Having owed three businesses in my life I can tell you that there are a number of things you can control. Production Costs, Materials Cost, Labor Cost and of course Marketing and PR Costs.

There are things you can not control. Government Regulations, Tax Rates and Percentage Rates.

When the Government increases those things that a business owner can not control. And makes then higher. The business owner has to make up the money some where. Either increase the price of the good or decrease the cost of making it. He can only do that with the things that he controls. See the first list above.

When people tell you that raising taxes increases government income it is a false statement. All it does is increase the income that is moved overseas.

The solution to jump starting this economy is in decreasing the corporate income taxes, freeing up people who have capital to invest to invest that capital without harsh penalties and get the government out of the way of the business owner. Then he will attempt to make more money.

How?

Increase production - Hire more workers, or increase advertising
Increase diversity of product line - Hire more workers and increase the materials needed to create

The government creates nothing. Only private industry.

There is nothing wrong with private industry making money. If the people of Lush feel that money isn't needed. Then I say there is no need to charge for a Gold Badge. Just spread them around to everyone and who cares if the money is there right?

No that is not realistic. As it is not realistic for the top 5% of income earners to support the bottom 95%. The math never works that way.

Can Romney/Ryan win? I think so and I hope so.

All that said, I want everyone to know I understand that this is my opinion. I use factual numbers to support it only. I respect other people's opinion and think it is fantastic that we live in a society that allows us to have a place like Lush and also to hold a discussion like this in our Forums. Kudos to Lush and to all the people that are helping to foster debate. That is the basis of our freedoms.

If you have read 50 Shades of Gray and think that you are ready to be a dom or a sub. Then you have a lot to learn.

Follow my slave's blog slave skye's real life blog if we can get 100 followers she is going to start posting pictures!!! I know there are at least 100 of you that want to see that click the link enter your email and follow. We hit 100 then she has said she will post a picture of herself.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:03:27 PM

1ball wrote:

Real action is how they vote. The rest is pretty much just lying to get reelected. You don't make the mistake of listening to speeches and debates, do you? Those minutes of your life are wasted.

Speak for yourself on time wasted or not; but everything an elected official does within the capacity of his position is "real action", including what they purport and broadcast to hold true, and especially how they act on behalf of their constituents. i.e. allocation of the same government funds that they make careers out of labeling excessive and wasted. Hypocrisy and lies do not cease to be hypocrisy and lies in the public arena. We're all subject to being called on our hypocrisy should we engage in it. To narrow the scope of scrutiny to only a fraction of a politician's actions is to carry water and make excuses for them. I'd rather not bullshit myself, but I can see how it makes it easier for you to support a politician if you do.
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:44:56 AM

to lady x...a question please if i may....if obama wins,could the gold badges here be free....because i'll be even poorer then i am now! (its a joke haha)
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:57:08 AM

Maggiecat wrote:
to lady x...a question please if i may....if obama wins,could the gold badges here be free....because i'll be even poorer then i am now! (its a joke haha)

LOL If it were up to me absolutely!

(but it's not, so...I doubt it happy8 )
1ball
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:24:56 AM

LadyX wrote:
Speak for yourself on time wasted or not; but everything an elected official does within the capacity of his position is "real action", including what they purport and broadcast to hold true, and especially how they act on behalf of their constituents. i.e. allocation of the same government funds that they make careers out of labeling excessive and wasted. Hypocrisy and lies do not cease to be hypocrisy and lies in the public arena. We're all subject to being called on our hypocrisy should we engage in it. To narrow the scope of scrutiny to only a fraction of a politician's actions is to carry water and make excuses for them. I'd rather not bullshit myself, but I can see how it makes it easier for you to support a politician if you do.

Politicians are professional liars. If you call them on all the lies and hypocrisy they spout, you render yourself moot. Same as if you only do that for half of them.

LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:43:56 AM

Only not voting in an election renders one moot. Observing how an elected official conducts his office is basic due diligence. One might choose to dismiss it selectively, as you apparently do, but just because dishonesty and venality are commonplace in politics doesn't mean that elected officials somehow deserve to be given free passes on it.
1ball
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:04:20 AM

LadyX wrote:
just because dishonesty and venality are commonplace in politics doesn't mean that elected officials somehow deserve to be given free passes on it.

As if you really have an effective choice, other than running for office yourself.

You would have a congressman cut his district out of the pork trough because he's against the existence of the trough. His position is that the trough should be gone, and keeping a place for his district at the trough until it's gone is a reasonable way to get his position to become policy. It's a case of "We're all going to steal from the country's future together or none of us are, because fair is fair, right?".

HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:01:25 AM

Once again we have heard from a Barry Soetoro voter, sad who these people are, this is from Bedford Hts. on 26 Sept '12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio She is talking about her "obama phone" and her foo stamps. God I know we used to have a great country but where did it go? Why did we let it slip away?
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:18:28 AM

1ball wrote:

As if you really have an effective choice, other than running for office yourself.

LOL true. And I'm too smart for that.

HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:19:00 AM

LadyX wrote:

LOL If it were up to me absolutely!

(but it's not, so...I doubt it happy8 )

Unfortunate but true BTW Why is Hitler better than Barry? Hitler got the Olympics...........
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:19:54 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:
Once again we have heard from a Barry Soetoro voter, sad who these people are, this is from Bedford Hts. on 26 Sept '12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio She is talking about her "obama phone" and her foo stamps. God I know we used to have a great country but where did it go? Why did we let it slip away?

Hey, I love my Obama phone! You don't have one? It's awesome. There's a food-stamp app and everything. evil4
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:21:07 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:

Unfortunate but true BTW Why is was Hitler better than Barry? Hitler got the Olympics...........

Why is was...what? I'm unable to piece a sentence together from that. Can you rephrase it?
HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:22:55 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
Meanwhile, in Florida.....

-- A college professor at Brevard Community College (BCC) in Cocoa, Fla. has been placed on leave after she allegedly required her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Barack Obama “and Democrats up and down the ticket."

Campus Reform reports that professor Sharon Sweet at BCC allegedly told students to sign a pledge that states: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

The pledge came from “GottaVote.org,” a website paid for by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

“The college will continue its investigation into the matter, which will include interviews with all students in her class,” continues the statement.

In addition to being inappropriate action in the classroom, Sweet’s pledge requirement may have also violated Florida election law.
Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state… shall… use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

==============

People are losing their minds and all perspective with this election. Craziness abounds.
Ditto
HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:25:55 AM

LadyX wrote:

Why is was...what? I'm unable to piece a sentence together from that. Can you rephrase it?

Ok for you slower folks, Hitler got the Olympics in '36. Barry couldn't get them for Chicago.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:26:48 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:

Ok for you slower folks, Hitler got the Olympics in '36. Barry couldn't get them for Chicago.

LOL. By slower folks, do you mean users of correct grammar?

Who cares about Hitler's Olympics?
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:39:41 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:
Ditto

Dude, don't quote me and implicate me in your stupidity.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:40:55 AM

naughtynurse wrote:

Humane Society of the United States. The group that makes heart wrenching ads utilizing famous people and lots of pictures of starving puppies. They actually are a lobbying group that uses less then 1% of their funding for shelters; they are not actually connected with local animal shelters. PETA rescues more puppies(although both groups typically slaughter the animals they "rescue") I personally find HSUS more revolting then PETA, as PETA is upfront about the fact that they are a lobbying group. I don't agree with PETA, but I respect their rights to have their own opinions. HSUS is underhanded and projects itself to be above board and helpful, in reality the donated dollars go to lawyers and the executives.

Thanks
HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:11:30 AM

CoopsRuthie wrote:

The Randian wing of the Republican party thinks nothing of putting selfish interests ahead of the country's interest. It's what their philosophy is all about. It's more important to them to gain power so that they can privatize more than it is to help run the country.

I think the GOP's goal of making Barry a one term President is well founded. In Jan '09 we owed $10.626T today it's over $16T. In Jan '09 Gas cost $1.84 today $4., Jan '09 there were 15M fewer people on food stamps. Average unemployment under W, 5.26% today, 43 months over 8.3%. The lowest work force in 31 years, and the lowest number of males employed ever, EVER. Yea I want that to stop. Call me silly but we can't afford 4 more under Barry. This lady, and I use the term very loosely, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio I know the program was started under W, but that is not the point. This lady gets her free phone and her foo stamps, no that's not a typo, that's what she says "foo stamps" and a ride to the polls to vote too, I bet. The madness must end. One term Barry.
tazznjazz
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:16:43 AM

I just wanted to say that Lush members with very few exceptions are bright, informative and civil in debate on both sides, unlike most political blogs that resort to pettiness and ill informed hate mongering and it's a pleasure to be a small part of the process.Big Hugs
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:18:27 AM

tazznjazz wrote:
I just wanted to say that Lush members with very few exceptions are bright, informative and civil in debate on both sides, unlike most political blogs that resort to pettiness and ill informed hate mongering and it's a pleasure to be a small part of the process.Big Hugs

Glad to have you be a part of it! icon_smile