Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Philly student ridiculed by teacher for wearing Romney/Paul t-shirt. Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 9:00:09 AM

Despite anyone's objections to Romney as a Presidential candidate, can you see that this is wrong? Our divide as people is getting wider and wider.

Teacher ridiculed/bullied by teacher.. video

Many Republicans can't help but wonder if a student wearing a pro-Obama T-Shirt in a Philadelphia school would have been subject to the kind of humiliation that Samantha Pawlucy was forced to endure.

The 16-year old sophomore, who attends Charles Carroll High School, told CNBC's Larry Kudlow, that she was humiliated by a teacher for wearing a T-shirt in support of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

She said the teacher compared her to the worst racists in history -- the Ku Klux Klan.

"It was really embarrassing, and I think she did it because she's against Mitt Romney," Samantha said.

"I was really nervous," she added, "and I was worried that after class, people were going to come up to me and say something."

Events unfolded last Friday. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until the student arrived at her geometry class -- before that time the shirt didn't raise any objections.
However, the offending teacher saw the Romney / Ryan shirt "and told me to get out of the classroom, I said no," Samantha explained on "The Kudlow Report."

Samantha Pawlucy, a 16-year-old student in Philadelphia says that a teacher ridiculed her for wearing a Mitt Romney t-shirt in class. CNBC's Larry Kudlow weighs in.
When she stood her ground and refused to change, Samantha said the teacher pulled her into the hall and encouraged others to make fun of her. And according to news reports, the teacher attempted to scribble on the shirt.

Samantha also admitted to Kudlow that she was so embarrassed by what happened she hasn't returned to class. "I don't want to be threatened and I want the teacher to be fired."

Samantha's father Richard Pawlucy is beside himself. He told Larry Kudlow that he wouldn't tolerate his daughter being bullied by anybody let alone a teacher.

Although they've met with school officials about the incident, neither Samantha nor her father are satisfied. "The teacher told us it was a joke. That she jokes around with students. There's nothing funny about what she did."

The school district confirmed to CNBC that an incident occurred and it is conducting an investigation to determine whether disciplinary action is necessary.

Tune in:
"The Kudlow Report" airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:11:22 AM

She wont return to class and she wants the teacher to be fired because she was ridiculed once... This little cunt wants to ruin a teacher's life because she was uncomfortable for a bit? That's ridiculous.

What an annoying woman this girl is going to be when she grows up.

Hey remember highschool? Teachers ridicule students all the time. Gym class anyone? The gym coach at my school used to call this one kid named max, maxi-pad. Big deal. Maxi-pad is doing pretty well for himself now.

If she was wearing a care bears shirt and ridiculed for it in the same way, no one would give a shit.

RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 9:29:32 AM

Lafayettemister;

Good thread, glad you found this story. Im confused as to an NBC affiliate covering it, wonder if they are trying to find their credibility.

MagicalFelix;
WRONG!!

The little girl was ridiculed, humiliated and otherwise tortured and the little girl is the cunt?

If the teacher had not done what she did to the girl her job would not be on the line. But you would rather blame the girl for being the victim.

If the girl were wearing an Obama t-shirt and this had happened you would demand the teachers resignation. So would I, That's the difference between us. Wrong is wrong, partisanship be damned.

If a teacher, an authority figure does this to a student in a class full of other children based on the presences of a shirt they don't approve of on political choice, then this teacher will be much happier with life in her new job at her political party headquarter answering phone calls

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:05:56 AM

Oh this is going to be fun... Let me get my comfy chair ready for this.
happy1

She
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:16:52 AM

TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
Oh this is going to be fun... Let me get my comfy chair ready for this.
happy1

I know right! I am there with you, here have a glass Pour Wine
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:31:45 AM

When I was in High School, way back in the 1970s, our student handbook stated that we couldn't wear shirts or hats or jackets with political statements on them. This included anything to do with the American Flag, or advertising political parties or candidates.

I wonder if there is something else we're not hearing about here (again).

Then again, advocating Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter or their adversaries would've labeled you a major dork and prone to a lot of peer teasing.

Different ages, I suppose.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
doctorlove
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:47:33 AM

So much for a free country we live in, but then it has never really been.
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:31:01 PM

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:

MagicalFelix;
WRONG!!

The little girl was ridiculed, humiliated and otherwise tortured and the little girl is the cunt?

If the teacher had not done what she did to the girl her job would not be on the line. But you would rather blame the girl for being the victim.

Yes, she's a little cunt.

I really doubt this incident is going to have any lasting effects on her. I doubt she is emotionally stressed over it.

She says: "I was really nervous," she added, "and I was worried that after class, people were going to come up to me and say something."

Oh man, people might say something? She is scared someone might say something? This is why she is a little cunt now and will grow up to be a major battle axe one day. She thinks she is so entitled now, at her age, people can't even say something to her that she disagrees with. How dare a teacher make her feel uncomfortable. I wonder what her mommy and daddy do for a living.

Like the old fart above said, you can't wear shirts with political messages on them in schools. When I used to draw in class, the teacher would rip up my pictures. She could have sent me to the principle's office... But she ripped them up instead as it is a good enough lesson. No need to fuck me over. Maybe this was similar. The teacher could have chose to send the girl home instead and then the girl and her parents wouldn't be crying foul now but instead she would have just had to go home and been written up instead. I guess she would have liked that better.

So yeah, pretty cunty little girl.

Quote:
If the girl were wearing an Obama t-shirt and this had happened you would demand the teachers resignation. So would I, That's the difference between us. Wrong is wrong, partisanship be damned.

what...

how did you come to this conclusion, lady?

Quote:
If a teacher, an authority figure does this to a student in a class full of other children based on the presences of a shirt they don't approve of on political choice, then this teacher will be much happier with life in her new job at her political party headquarter answering phone calls

Do you think maybe a warning would suffice and if she does it again a suspension then if she does it again a firing. I mean this is someone's career, life. Teacher to other students, would suck for many students if the teacher was replaced mid year. Get real. How do we know the little girl wasn't disrupting class mouthing off about politics being a little annoying brat? We don't.

So ridiculous. I bet you were just like this little girl proving my point about her future.

FantasyFiction
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:17:17 PM

this is what political discourse has become in the us. if you don't like a politician--and i hate most of them--you must be a racist. and don't kid yourselves. it comes from both sides. and people wonder why i hate both the democraps and repooplicans.

Success is doing what you love, and doing it so well that someone will pay you for it.
http://www.lushstories.com/fantasyfiction
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:31:36 PM

Did the teacher cross the line? Yes.
Should the teacher lose their job for it? No.
Is the kid (along with her family) being a bit of a drama queen, enlisting the local news hacks, etc? Absolutely.
And is this a story because a kid was victimized? Not really.
Or is it because a news outlet wants to sensationalize inappropriate comments into a political persecution flap for the news cycle? Of course.

With the above story, some news producer could meet his/her vapid "See!? It happens on the other side too!!" quota for the day. Mission accomplished.
1ball
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:04:06 AM

LadyX wrote:
Did the teacher cross the line? Yes.
Should the teacher lose their job for it? No.
Is the kid (along with her family) being a bit of a drama queen, enlisting the local news hacks, etc? Absolutely.
And is this a story because a kid was victimized? Not really.
Or is it because a news outlet wants to sensationalize inappropriate comments into a political persecution flap for the news cycle? Of course.

With the above story, some news producer could meet his/her vapid "See!? It happens on the other side too!!" quota for the day. Mission accomplished.

The teacher should be required to apologize for her immature behavior.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
LadyX
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:06:25 AM

1ball wrote:

The teacher should be required to apologize for her immature behavior.

Definitely. Overreaction, sensationalism, etc. aside, any outcome that doesn't include an apology is ridiculous.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 8:12:28 PM

Of course the little girl is being a full-on drama queen. But it's not the teacher's fault. She was raised that way. And of course the teacher was out of line. WAY the fuck out of line. Her job isn't to rule on the political correctness of her students' attire. Her job is to fucking teach fucking geometry. If the shirt wasn't causing any kind of distraction or ruckus among the rest of the students, then she should have just shut the fuck up and taught her fucking geometry.

Should the teacher lost her job? No. Should she be brought up in the middle of the next school assembly and be made to look like the asshole she is? I think so. She should be reminded what it feels like to have someone in a position of authority over you treat you like an imbecile. Maybe next time, she'll just keep her fat mouth shut and... teach her fucking geometry!

RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:34:25 AM

I Have real bad news for everyone, the seventh seal has been broken and the Apocalypse has started.

MrNudiePants and I agree on something!!

More correctly, I agree with MrNudiePants. In My eariler post I lobbied for the teacher to be fired. The reason is if she didn't respect the position she had as teacher and believed it was more important to harass a student that was wearing a T-shirt she didn't agree with then she was in the wrong place (still might be ).

BUT

I going to change my position and adopt MrNudiePants's point that bad behavior should be made public. After all a scholol is where we send our kids to learn, from book or example, makes no difference. I could be a learning experience for the kids and the other teachers that maybe they should stick to the subject they are suppose to teach...that is what we pay them for.

RM

P.S. sorry about those four hoursmen headed your way...my bad.

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 8:14:19 PM

Tried to post a link to Gaymon's letter and a piece by one of Philadelphia's teachers on a site called "Chalk Talk" where he equates this incident to Orwells Animal Farm.

Check them out if interested. Just think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go look for America's back bone.

_mal_
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 9:36:49 PM

Sounds like teacher and student had a disagreement to me.

No real indication that there was any more going on than that. Insufficient information.

Why was this brought to a news outlet?

There were probably thousands of kids who disagreed with their teacher on politics during this election.
Buz
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 9:45:54 PM

I say ruin that teacher's fucking life! The bigoted-narrow-minded bitch bully!

Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 11:29:48 PM

I love it when I wake up and Barack Obama is my President. HOWEVER this teacher needs to be disciplined. Not fired...I don't think this is a fire-able offence. But some kind of disciplinary action needs to follow this up. Sword Fight