Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can I Pick Your Brains? Options · View
She
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 4:03:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
Dancing_Doll wrote:


Women are affected by issues all the time that they probably don't trace back to issues of equality - whether it's being labeled a slut for being promiscuous, violence against women, political arguments in current modern day society about right wing pro-life/abortion issues, contraception etc. even in the recent elections stem back to women's rights issues. You have modern day politicians advocating that women should be forced to have their rape baby because 'God intended it'. And that's just in the world we have direct experience with, to say nothing about genital mutilation, forced marriages, rape warfare etc that goes on in the rest of the world.


Yes, women are affected, men as well, children, cenior citizens, homosexuals, animals, enviroment, working class, rich people..yes, everybody do have issues.. but we, men and women are equal in front of the law.
Politicans are trying to get votes, save some money..Priests are trying to get more church goers or do their thing whatever it is, it is all part of the game, but no one can say that you as woman have less rights than man just because of the gender. And saying someone is feminist is saying that he or she is fighting for women to have equel rights..we have them, people from last century (mostly women) got that for us, today what we are doing is what is our duty, raising our voice if we disagree with our leaders.

Dancing_Doll wrote:
Most people don't label or brand themselves as feminist, but the basic fundamentals of believing in gender equality means you share those beliefs, whether you're involved in raising awareness for any of these causes or not. Some of those homeland issues might have influenced the way a person voted. That simple act is still an action that shows that one does care about some of those issues. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just unfortunate that it's become a scary word to so many people.



It is become a scary word for so many people because changed, movement doesn't exist anymore become something else under that name but if you think that it does exist that there are issues where women and men are not equal, please show me some research, show me articles about existing feminism today, tell me how you are active or your people. You or me cannot be called feminists just because we are women and we believe in equal rights, neither of us is activist for equal rights. How come? because we have equal rights there is no need to be active about it. It is like saying I am pro that blacks have right to vote in USA. Who cares if I am pro, it is done deal, they have right why would I go into that again.
My two cents anyway
LadyX
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 4:28:13 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Feminism, as a word, has gotten a bad name. So be it, but the challenge of women within society continues. Just because we have voting rights, etc., doesn't negate the overall challenge of the woman experience in today's world. Being a feminist doesn't mean being a humorless militant about women's issues. Don't confuse the connotation of the word versus the actual idea of feminism. You brought up race, and it's a decent analogy, in that races nominally have equal rights but still face struggles. The difference is that in most people's ideals, divisions of race would go away completely. Women, however, will always stand distinct from men, and as such, there will always be issues of gender in society, both as a continuance of history's struggles (i.e. we still don't have equal pay), and as a result of a fundamentally different experience (i.e. we give birth).
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 4:38:34 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,299
Location: West Coast
She wrote:



It is become a scary word for so many people because changed, movement doesn't exist anymore become something else under that name but if you think that it does exist that there are issues where women and men are not equal, please show me some research, show me articles about existing feminism today, tell me how you are active or your people. You or me cannot be called feminists just because we are women and we believe in equal rights, neither of us is activist for equal rights. How come? because we have equal rights there is no need to be active about it. It is like saying I am pro that blacks have right to vote in USA. Who cares if I am pro, it is done deal, they have right why would I go into that again.
My two cents anyway


Feminism doesn't end at you and me being able to vote or having legally equal rights in the eyes of the law. Not all women in the world have this either. It's not just a legal thing - it's a social and economic thing as well. I mentioned many examples in my last post where women's struggles and lack of rights are still valid and ongoing. Places where if you're a woman, you're pretty much fucked and nowhere near seen as equal. Just because I have not directly experienced it doesn't mean that I shouldn't care about it, nor does it mean that it's not an active struggle for women's rights in those countries and continents.

You're mistaking the concept of feminism with being an outright activist. I don't go to rallies, nor am I a member of an outright faction or group. But I uphold the same basic beliefs and concerns - ie. the core values of the movement. In that way I agree with and support this movement.

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women. In addition, feminism seeks to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist is "an advocate or supporter of the rights and equality of women"

You might enjoy browsing this site. It's kind of interesting. I don't want to argue about people's individual posts but it gives you an idea of projects out there and issues that women have (socially) in the modern world that go beyond legal rights.
http://whoneedsfeminism.tumblr.com/

And, since you asked for research and studies, this is also a good place to check out:
http://womanstats.org/

Anyway, this is my last post on it. I think we're going in circles and I can't explain it any better than I already have. I've forgotten how much effort swimming in the Tank with these debates can be. lol


She
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 4:48:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
LadyX wrote:
Feminism, as a word, has gotten a bad name. So be it, but the challenge of women within society continues. Just because we have voting rights, etc., doesn't negate the overall challenge of the woman experience in today's world. Being a feminist doesn't mean being a humorless militant about women's issues. Don't confuse the connotation of the word versus the actual idea of feminism. You brought up race, and it's a decent analogy, in that races nominally have equal rights but still face struggles. The difference is that in most people's ideals, divisions of race would go away completely. Women, however, will always stand distinct from men, and as such, there will always be issues of gender in society, both as a continuance of history's struggles (i.e. we still don't have equal pay), and as a result of a fundamentally different experience (i.e. we give birth).


I am not confusing anything and I am so not intimidated by bad reputation that feminism has today, usually I am defending it..
Exactly, they are challenges, it is not movement and as I said it before it's our duty fight those challenges but that still doesn't give us right to call ourselves feminists.



p.s. let me just add this, since discussion is closed by famous X ;), apart what was said about new age frustrated feminists who are blaming world for their wrongs, there is another popular group of new age feminists, and those are young overly self-confident ladies with some kind of power in their life, who call themself feminists just because it is in. They have just vaguely or zero idea what feminism means. It is disrespectful.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 4:53:58 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Well, good. It think we have an agreement. Everyone that considers themselves feminist will continue as such. All that are too embarrassed by the word itself, or the idea of activism for women's issues, won't be.

As for the poem, I just can't see it as anything other than her personal celebration of self.
sprite
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 8:23:40 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
One of the statements made is that there is no reason for feminism, that we have reached a point where we are equal, where there is no discrimination in anyway, shape or form based on our gender. Perhaps in Europe that is true. I can only speak for myself, an American.

- In California there was a recent case where a woman who was sexually abused was accused that she may have borne some responsibility for the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of former teachers.

- It is not rare to hear that rape victims were 'asking for it' due to their profession, the way they dressed, or for putting themselves into bad situations.

- Personal experience - my girl left a lucrative job after tiring from training her bosses, men who had far less experience and qualifications, and whose paychecks often were double what she was making. The median weekly earnings of women who were full-time wage and salary workers is 80% of men’s It's popularly known as 'the glass ceiling'.

- Todd Akins and Richard Mourdock's statements and the lack of censorship from their own parties for making them.

- Sandra Fluke who was called a slut for arguing that birth control should be covered by religious institutions, and that fellow students are paying far too much out of pocket for a prescription.

- that right of choice when it comes to reproductive rights for woman, mainly that the historic decision of Roe vs Wade is under siege.

- that a promiscuous man is labeled a stud and a promiscuous woman is labeled a slut or whore.

- that we, as woman, are subject to physical, emotional, and mental abuse... the percentage of female victims (26%) of intimate partner violence is about 5 times that of male victims (5%).

- sexual assault. One in six women, boys and girl,s has been assaulted sexually. One in six. look around you carefully and do the math of the female members of Lush. one. in. six.

- In the USA women are more likely than men to live in poverty.

- Although women usually get custody of children in a divorice, 68% of child support cases are delinquent or have arrears owed.

- The United States ranks 41st in a ranking of 184 countries on maternal deaths during pregnancy and childbirth, below all other industrialized nations and a number of developing countries.

- woman make up 51% of of our population yet only represent 20% of the members of congress as well as the senate, which is a historic HIGH in the history of the US.


those are the most obvious. i could go on, but i won't. this is unacceptable. despite it, though, i am not a man-hating, bra burning, angry, spiteful woman. i don't try to close strip clubs or porn theaters. i don't try to strip men of their rights. i simply want to have the same rights, not more nor less, than men. i like guys. i think most of the men here would agree with me in this. Not all, but most. and this is just AMERICA. imagine India, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, where a 14 year old girl was the victim on an attempted assassination for daring to go to school and get an education. We should be a beacon of hope for these woman, and yet, we, arguably the greatest nation on earth (some would say Canada is) fail as well - perhaps not as badly, but certainly we fall short of expectations. Let's change that. Let's everyone take a hard look at the inequality, where it exists, and change it, understanding that it will make elevate EVERYone, both men and women. It's so little to ask for, and yet...






http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:00:01 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,620
Location: Burrowed, Norway
I'm not gonna doubt the facts or question it, and maybe feminism is still required in the US. BUT like I said, we have become more indvidualistic and selfish. If something doesn't affect us or someone near us, then odds are we won't really give a shit about it. The stats you put up doesn't apply to She simply because she doesn't live in the US, nor does it apply to me since I live in Norway. It's the society that each and one of us live in that forms our view on "do we need feminism or not". Since these stats doesn't apply to neither me nor She then you can't say that a strong feminist movement is a necessity where we live.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:04:36 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
elitfromnorth wrote:
I'm not gonna doubt the facts or question it, and maybe feminism is still required in the US. BUT like I said, we have become more indvidualistic and selfish. If something doesn't affect us or someone near us, then odds are we won't really give a shit about it. The stats you put up doesn't apply to She simply because she doesn't live in the US, nor does it apply to me since I live in Norway. It's the society that each and one of us live in that forms our view on "do we need feminism or not". Since these stats doesn't apply to neither me nor She then you can't say that a strong feminist movement is a necessity where we live.


i never said that there should be a strong feminist movement. i'm not all about movements. i identify myself as a feminist and yet don't belong to any movement. i make my voice heard when i think it's appropriate, i write letters, i get involved, i vote. i simply think that people should be aware that things are not as good as they could be and hopefully open up minds to accept that we need to change for the better. simple as that. no one is asking you or She to do anything, i am simply making a case for why feminists shouldn't be vilified, why feminism shouldn't be the "dirty word" that it seems to be.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
She
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:16:52 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
Apparently you need them, if you have that discrimination, you need strong movement. I didn’t know that it was that bad in the USA (since you do call yourself great nation, giggle, but thanks for that post, Sprite), it is my huge mistake assuming that modern democratic world doesn't have issues that I, here on old continent, am not dealing with. I don’t know how is situation in Canada because Dancing Doll listed and talked about feminism in the world, which I, and most people in here, are aware of, but knowing that, going to vote, drinking red Bordeaux when discussing it in living room with girlfriend, doesn’t give me the right to call myself Feminist. I am not. It is my duty to exploit what was given to me by birth, it is my duty.

Elit said it right, although he said people are selfish and individuals and he is right to one point, but being modest as well. People do help, students are involved, citizens are organized, the difference is that 'we' have no need to get name, praise or recognition for help we do. It is not perfect here and we have to deal with after waves of discrimination, those invisible inequality in society.., but I do not need applaud from someone because I helped old lady to cross the street and stopped one car for her, that doesn’t mean that I am revolutionary fighter for civil rights, I just helped one lady. It is my duty. When I feed lonely street dog from shelter and take him for a walk, doesn’t mean that I am PETA activist, no need for names, it is my duty. With being ‘good’ I am showing respect to people who fought for me to have this easy life, so calling myself feminist it is disrespectful towards those who actually took a risk to make changes.

But feminism is not all good as we all know, we as women did get revengeful and did punish men for being men. In 90’ was really ugly here, women were wild, disrespectful, aggressive, loud, frustrated.. and when I was 15, I was first time called mockingly feminist. I went to the library and educated myself to see what that means. I realized that just because I was independent, self-confident young girl (because my parents raised me that way) I was labeled as one of those feminist who were drawing paintings with their period blood (that was good one, Elit)

So when it comes down to the OP and the poem, as said in my first couple posts, reading it as 21. Europian century woman, it is personal disrespect toward herself.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:20:25 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
it's not bad in the US - at least, not if you're looking at what it's like in the rest of the world, but it could be better - it SHOULD be better, not just for women, but for everyone of every race, sexual persausion, etc - EVERYone. there's no reason that we shouldn't' all be treated equally and with love and respect and until that happens, people need to make sure to keep pushing, and that's what i feel it is, not my right, but my obligation to do - that doesn't mean, as i said, being a so called 'femme-nazi', but it does mean standing up for my rights, speaking up when they are being trampled on, expressing my opinion. that's what it's all about.

and you're wrong - lol - don't take offense at that, but you are. you said "But feminism is not all good as we all know". no, we don't all know that. don't let a few people who go over board define feminism. there are bad apples in every bunch - should i say that Canadians (sorry to pick on our northern neighbors, but it's mostly out of envy) are rat-bastards simply because someone from across the border was mean to me? people are not all good as we all know - the concept of feminism as an ideal, however, is. :)



http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
She
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:32:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
sprite wrote:
it's not bad in the US - at least, not if you're looking at what it's like in the rest of the world, but it could be better - it SHOULD be better, not just for women, but for everyone of every race, sexual persausion, etc - EVERYone. there's no reason that we shouldn't' all be treated equally and with love and respect and until that happens, people need to make sure to keep pushing, and that's what i feel it is, not my right, but my obligation to do - that doesn't mean, as i said, being a so called 'femme-nazi', but it does mean standing up for my rights, speaking up when they are being trampled on, expressing my opinion. that's what it's all about.


So now is not bad? In previous post you made it sounded like shitie place to be as woman.

sprite wrote:
and you're wrong - lol - don't take offense at that, but you are. you said "But feminism is not all good as we all know". no, we don't all know that. don't let a few people who go over board define feminism. there are bad apples in every bunch - should i say that Canadians (sorry to pick on our northern neighbors, but it's mostly out of envy) are rat-bastards simply because someone from across the border was mean to me? people are not all good as we all know - the concept of feminism as an ideal, however, is. :)



..and I wondered at what point you will call me ignorant, lol. Just because you don't know about something, you didn't grew up with doesn't meand that it doesn't exist. Women in 90' who called themselve feminist and had nothing to do with femimnist movement ruined that word. No question about it, but I really can provide you with some liknks/studies if you want.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:43:49 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
She wrote:



So now is not bad? In previous post you made it sounded like shitie place to be as woman.

..and I wondered at what point you will call me ignorant, lol. Just because you don't know about something, you didn't grew up with doesn't meand that it doesn't exist. Women in 90' who called themselve feminist and had nothing to do with femimnist movement ruined that word. No question about it, but I really can provide you with some liknks/studies if you want.


compared to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and many African countries? no, it's not a shitty place to be a woman - it's just that it could be better - nothing wrong with striving for something a little better - it's got it's issues, yeah, but it's come a long way in the last 6 decades. :)

oh, i don't think you're ignorant, She, far from it! *hugs* i just think that you, because of your background, where you live, you have a different perspective is all. and i don't doubt what your saying - just like PETA makes it hard to be pro-animal rights at times and critical mass makes it hard to be pro-bike... there are always people who will give any idealogy a bad name - i was just making a point that it's the people you have an issue with, not feminism itself. poeple hijack movements all the time for their own gain or beliefs - for example, i don't think Christianity is bad - but there are a lot of people who do bad things in it's name for their own selfish reasons.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
TransitionalMan
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:28:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/27/2009
Posts: 108
Location: Ohio, United States
Compared to most of the world, the US is a great place to be a woman. But women have had the right to vote for less then a century, and my life is about the span of the birth control pill. I remember when Good Girls Don't was an iron law. I remember when gay people were deeply in the closet and lesbian literature always ended badly. We are only a generation or two away from that. Which means lots of people who grew up with the old ways are having trouble adapting. As they pass, things should get easier. But we're not so rich as we were, it's hard now to get a good job. People are afraid and when they fear they often look backward for surety an moral purity. But I think the election proved not everyone is ready to turn back
She
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:04:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
sprite wrote:


compared to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and many African countries? no, it's not a shitty place to be a woman - it's just that it could be better - nothing wrong with striving for something a little better - it's got it's issues, yeah, but it's come a long way in the last 6 decades. :)

oh, i don't think you're ignorant, She, far from it! *hugs* i just think that you, because of your background, where you live, you have a different perspective is all. and i don't doubt what your saying - just like PETA makes it hard to be pro-animal rights at times and critical mass makes it hard to be pro-bike... there are always people who will give any idealogy a bad name - i was just making a point that it's the people you have an issue with, not feminism itself. poeple hijack movements all the time for their own gain or beliefs - for example, i don't think Christianity is bad - but there are a lot of people who do bad things in it's name for their own selfish reasons.


I am thinking out loud here..Don't you think, that maybe, just maybe this time around, you, because you are American, have different perspective and not as you pointed out? Feminism was born in Europe long before 60' last century, had few waves and reached point in modern Europe when is not needed anymore, not in forms that were in the past anyway..
DarkMaster
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:17:51 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 8/15/2012
Posts: 20
Location: Wouldnt you like to know, Japan
sprite wrote:


compared to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and many African countries? no, it's not a shitty place to be a woman - it's just that it could be better - nothing wrong with striving for something a little better - it's got it's issues, yeah, but it's come a long way in the last 6 decades. :)

oh, i don't think you're ignorant, She, far from it! *hugs* i just think that you, because of your background, where you live, you have a different perspective is all. and i don't doubt what your saying - just like PETA makes it hard to be pro-animal rights at times and critical mass makes it hard to be pro-bike... there are always people who will give any idealogy a bad name - i was just making a point that it's the people you have an issue with, not feminism itself. poeple hijack movements all the time for their own gain or beliefs - for example, i don't think Christianity is bad - but there are a lot of people who do bad things in it's name for their own selfish reasons.


normally i dont interject myself when it comes to politics but figured id leave some food for thought. Be content with what you have, people spend to much time fighting on issues that they forget what else might demand their attention. Rights are what is given to you, freedoms are what you are born with. only when you know what it is you have can you decide which it is you really want to have.

"Some Warriors look fierce, but are mild. Some seem timid, but are vicious. Look beyond appearances; position yourself for the advantage. - Deng Ming-Dao
sprite
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:13:11 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
DarkMaster wrote:


normally i dont interject myself when it comes to politics but figured id leave some food for thought. Be content with what you have, people spend to much time fighting on issues that they forget what else might demand their attention. Rights are what is given to you, freedoms are what you are born with. only when you know what it is you have can you decide which it is you really want to have.


i am content, to a degree - i don't let this issue consume me, but i am certainly aware of what is going on in the world around me and, when i can, i do what i can to make it a little better. i'm going to take this WAY farther then you intended, and i am NOT accusing you of thinking this way, but think about it for a moment... i'm sure that the same statement could have been applied in the south in the 60s to blacks. "be content with what you have - don't be uppity." there's nothing wrong with wanting to be treated just like anyone else, rather than a lesser person. that's all i ask - treat me like you would anyone else. if i'm doing the same work as a guy, pay me the same. if i need certain medical care, give me access to it. if i want to get married to someone of the same sex, let me.



http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
sprite
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:19:38 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,647
Location: My Tower, United States
She wrote:


I am thinking out loud here..Don't you think, that maybe, just maybe this time around, you, because you are American, have different perspective and not as you pointed out? Feminism was born in Europe long before 60' last century, had few waves and reached point in modern Europe when is not needed anymore, not in forms that were in the past anyway..


yep - totally - i won't disagree with that - however, that said, if things were reversed, and woman had achieved equality in all ways here in America, still, i would see nothing wrong with being a feminist. how it threatens anyone else to hold true to an ideal, i don't understand and, if people in other countries didn't have the same rights, i would speak out for them and wish them the best in gaining equality in whatever country they lived in. just cause everything's peachy now, doesn't mean it can't shift again. what happens if, in 20 years, you look around and realize that hey, suddenly all the guys you work with are making twice what you are, simply because they're guys and it happened because everyone became complacent about their rights? believe me, human nature dictates that there is always someone trying to take advantage, and you kind of got to be aware of what's going on around you, or you'll wake up one day and wonder what happened. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Ruthie
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 10:43:20 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,399
Location: United States
Many women don't like to use the word "feminist," because they believe the word is weighted with negative stereotypes. All most women want is equal rights and protection under the law. The religious right tends to define women's role as subservient to men. Many conservative Christians believe that no woman should be in a position where she is in charge of men or gives them orders. The Christian right, like radical Islam, believes that women are inferior to men. They believe that the proper role for a woman is to be a wife under the absolute control of her husband. This is one of the things that we're dealing with in the USA. One of our political parties has pretty much been captured by religious extremists who, given the chance, will turn back the clock on women's rights. The struggle is ongoing in the United States. We have to fight to maintain the gains we've made or we'll find ourselves losing them. The greatest danger to women's rights in this country come from the religious right. They want to control every single aspect of women's lives. Banning abortion and birth control are just the first steps.

According to the EU, only 30% of Europe's managerial jobs are held by women, and when you take only large corporations into account the percentage drops to less than ten. Also, on average, European women still earn 14.7% less than men, even doing the same job. I wouldn't say that Europe is a paradise for women's equality yet. According to estimates of the European Commission on Gender, Social Inclusion and Employment, 45% of European women have been victims of violence. European women do enjoy advantages of education and longevity over European men, but aside from those, conditions of equality don't seem all that much better than the United States. Women in Europe are still more likely to live in poverty than men, have lower paying jobs, have more difficulty finding jobs, and get paid less than men.

She
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:56:39 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
You gotta love this modern age! You can be part of any discussion listing internet stats. I suppose I have to express deepest apology, because thinking and even worse saying out loud that maybe there is better place than greatest USA.

Funny thing is, not even one person did ask me question Why nor was curious how come I have so strong but different oppinion, even funniest is that defending something as powerful as feminism is, are doing opposite to it - it is easy to judge. (not that I took any of it personaly)

I don't know how else to tell you how it is here and how I feel, how I live, but after this thread. I am so happy to say that I am Europian and that has nothing to to with Geography.



elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:14:42 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,620
Location: Burrowed, Norway
Listing up the current stats of female leaders in big companies is pretty much pointless. Why? Because the leaders of these companies are usually in their late 40's and 50's, meaning they were in school in the 70's and 80's, while it was still typical that men went into the typical man jobs that will eventually put you in a position of leadership. This means there's a lack of women that are qualified for the jobs and thus you end up having to usually pick men. I'd rather work in a company where they chose the leader that was most qualified out of all the applicants rather than where they picked the best of the women. Following the latter you're doing reverse discrimination.

I say check the stats again when today's 20 yo's are in their 40's and 50's. You'll have different numbers then.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:19:46 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,540
Just because I can :)

Guest
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:22:51 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,540
The above clip was hilarious...

I wonder if anyone has established if the OP has received any feedback on her Paper. There is a whole lot of well informed comments and opinions here. It must have served her very well I'd have thought.

A + one would imagine. study
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.