Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do you pick which story on Lush to read? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:25:31 PM

It has pictures.
deadlogger
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:15:13 PM

I think most choose a category then its pretty random just like taking a brightly coloured book off the shelf. What amazes me is the amount of stuff some authors have written. I don't complete what I don't like but move on; sometimes two or three times.
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:06:30 PM

I always read all the stories written by authors that I follow (just wish I'd always remember to comment and score them but I am usually so turned on afterward I forget, Sorry!!) . Other than that it may be that the title catches my interest or there is a short one line lead in that peaks my interest. Other times it can be the tags that get me or a certain subject may be in my head. And other times it may be an endorsement from a friend.

Many reasons!!
Snowyman8
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:27:02 AM

So as someone who just began posting some writings AND is new to the site with only a couple of friends so far, is there anything I can do that would encourage people to take the time to read my stuff? It seems that many here are saying they read only people the know, are recommended by friends, or that follow them. This makes perfect sense, but is kind of diffiecult for newbies, like me, to get any attention. HA, not that I'm striving to be an attention whore or anything...nope not me. :-)

Comments and suggestions of my stories are always welcome.
Thanks, Scott

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/into-the-woods.aspx
Jinxy
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:49:54 AM

I like to read by only a few. Or from certain categories. I'll go by the tags. I avoid certain tags for many reasons and I'll check the title too.

†Jinxy Approved†

Green_Man
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:38:35 PM

In one word, Friends. I ready everything I can from my friends. I follow all who are writers. That keeps me busy enough. I have to have some time for my own writing.

ONLY WINNER OF THE OMNIUM AWARD ON ALL THREE SITES: LUSHSTORIES.COM, STORIESSPACE.COM, AND HISTORIASLUSH.COM
Aletheia
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:03:48 PM

I like to read stories written by or recommended by my friends, but I also like to skim the latest stories published to see what catches my eye. If a story or poem piques my interest, I will look for that author's writings again.