Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Viennese Sex Hotline to Help Library Options · View
nicola
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:04:57 PM

A library in Vienna has begun the Eros-hotline, where punters can listen to an actress read extracts from classic and modern erotic literature.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,481710,00.html

Quote:
LITERARY BODICE RIPPERS FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Viennese Sex Hotline to Help Library
A novel idea for municipal fundraising involves an Austrian actress reading from works of erotic literature.

For the benefit of lonely people who hide with old books in the rear stacks -- or anyone who likes literate smut -- Vienna City Hall now runs an "Eros-hotline" to benefit its main library.

Through May callers can pay €0.39 (53 US cents) per minute to hear an actress read from classic and modern erotic literature. Anne Bennent, an Austrian stage and film star, reads passages from the library's so-called "Secreta" collection of erotic fiction from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.

Callers will hear hot and heavy passages from German-language writers like Hans Carl Artmann, Annemarie Weber and Ferdinand Lasalle; or writers in German translation like Anaïs Nin.

"So far 158 people have phoned up," Vienna Library spokeswoman Suzie Wong told an Austrian news agency on Monday. "They've spent around 660 minutes on the phone."

The hotline has been in operation since April 4. The idea is to raise money for an expansion and remodelling of the city's main public library.

msm/ap

Sami
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 2:53:18 AM

What a novel idea !! (so to speak)
SusanEngland
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 4:40:41 AM

Lush wrote:
A library in Vienna has begun the Eros-hotline, where punters can listen to an actress read extracts from classic and modern erotic literature.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,481710,00.html

Quote:
LITERARY BODICE RIPPERS FOR A GOOD CAUSE

"So far 158 people have phoned up," Vienna Library spokeswoman Suzie Wong told an Austrian news agency on Monday. "They've spent around 660 minutes on the phone."

msm/ap

Around 4 minutes each on average? Obviously the lady actor has a sexy voice. She seems to work her magic on the listener quite quickly !
kornslayer1
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 5:29:50 PM

Now the library won't go bankrupt.

Thanks for reading, or looking at my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice for you to choose from, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best. I know a lot of you like my stories that was in the removed category, but I hope you can appreciate the rest of them. Check this one out.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx