Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Second Amendment Options · View
mas101076
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:33:43 PM

Hey Sprite. First and foremost you take away the guns from law abiding citizens and only criminals will have guns. 2. England and Australia did exactly that and the violent crime rate in both countries went up! England's by 300%. 3. to both your questions about pistols and automatic weapons refer to 1 and 2 and on top of that if you knew your history you would know that anytime in history any government has taken away the peoples right to bear weapons then the people became subservient to the government and no longer had any rights. Only a liberal Democrat can't understand that because they WANT to be controlled from birth to death by the Government and collect welfare and food stamps and suck off the system and believe they have a right to what I work my ass off for while they sat at home having more kids to get more of my tax dollars. You don't like our Constitution or bill of rights? then go somewhere else. I don't expect you to understand this. Only a real American would. Oh and BTW. Your wrong about the murder rate being up in places where there are more LEGAL guns. Its lower because the criminals don't know who's packing and who's not.I've seen what bullets can do. I've had a weapon pointed at me. I've been shot at. And I've shot at others. And I've killed. Im a Marine Corps Veteran and I have my weapons to protect my family and home. I'll tell you what. You put a sign in front of you house that says "This home protected by non gun-owner " and Ill put one in front of mine that says "This Home protected by a Gun Owner" and lets see who gets broken into first. Opps, wait, I already have that sign. Do you???
tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:41:53 PM

oldrascal wrote:
You'll notice, Tazz, that there is a country on your list where every man is required to have a gun. I recently spoke to a citizen of Switzerland and he told me that they are not only required to have one but are required to know how to use it. A large part of the problem is that it's easy to get a gun, but so many people are against training to use one. When I was younger there were rifle clubs in high schools to do just that. That's no longer polittically correct. Unfortunately, the thugs use the spray and pray technique in their gang wars, and the children pay.

And I believe it's true every male, possibly female as well these days[?] in Switzerland is required to serve in the military,which brings us back the original point of this thread.
foxjack
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:43:23 PM

I don't have a sign, just the gun, little surprise makes any criminals life more interesting!
foxjack
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:47:53 PM

tazznjazz wrote:

And I believe it's true every male, possibly female as well these days[?] in Switzerland is required to serve in the military,which brings us back the original point of this thread.

Every male in the us can be drafted after age 18 if the government so desires, if that happens their practice will put them above the rest.
Buz
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 8:50:48 PM

There has never been any legal doubt as to the intentions of the writers of the US Constitution. They owned guns and kept them in their homes. The US Supreme Court upholds the the 2nd Amendment.

I own several guns, all legal, all insured and inventoried. Several are hunting rifles, many antique collectors guns, pistols, and some that could be assault rifles if they were fully automatic. I was taught to fire guns and gun safety at an early age. I also have a state issued concealed carry permit. All of my guns are legal. My wife and I practice at the gun range regularly. I am a member of the NRA. I am also a member of the ACLU. I believe in preserving and protecting the rights guaranteed under the US Constitution.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
-- George Washington

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."
-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

"The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun."
-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
– Samuel Adams, Founding Father

“Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them.” – Walter Mondale, Democrat Senataor, US Vice President, Democrat Nominee for President, 1984

"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists."
— Patrick Henry

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 10:07:39 PM

mas101076 wrote:
Hey Sprite. First and foremost you take away the guns from law abiding citizens and only criminals will have guns. 2. England and Australia did exactly that and the violent crime rate in both countries went up! England's by 300%. 3. to both your questions about pistols and automatic weapons refer to 1 and 2 and on top of that if you knew your history you would know that anytime in history any government has taken away the peoples right to bear weapons then the people became subservient to the government and no longer had any rights. Only a liberal Democrat can't understand that because they WANT to be controlled from birth to death by the Government and collect welfare and food stamps and suck off the system and believe they have a right to what I work my ass off for while they sat at home having more kids to get more of my tax dollars. You don't like our Constitution or bill of rights? then go somewhere else. I don't expect you to understand this. Only a real American would. Oh and BTW. Your wrong about the murder rate being up in places where there are more LEGAL guns. Its lower because the criminals don't know who's packing and who's not.I've seen what bullets can do. I've had a weapon pointed at me. I've been shot at. And I've shot at others. And I've killed. Im a Marine Corps Veteran and I have my weapons to protect my family and home. I'll tell you what. You put a sign in front of you house that says "This home protected by non gun-owner " and Ill put one in front of mine that says "This Home protected by a Gun Owner" and lets see who gets broken into first. Opps, wait, I already have that sign. Do you???

mas, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I also know that this is a very sensitive subject for people on both sides of the fence. I'd just like to take this moment to welcome you to the forums, and also to let you know that while strongly voicing your opinion is perfectly fine, we do try to keep things civil here. In my opinion, Sprite IS a "real American" - the kind our Constitution was written to protect. She has every right to her opinion, same as you and I. Suggesting that she go somewhere else because of her opinion is exactly the kind of behaviors our Founding Fathers rebelled against.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:59:02 AM

Tazz and Sprite & LadyX are welcome at my compound anytime. Your comfort, safety and freedom to behave in a civilized, discreet and liberally progressive manner will always be encouraged, promoted and...protected.

There is no signage on my door or property. A little paranoia is healthy. Why advertise our intentions? This is as foolish as flying a banner above my driveway proclaiming: Cocksucking, cum guzzling, ass fucking and group groping may occur on these premises.

There will be no false bravado, no chest-thumping blathering and zero tolerance for such as witnessed above.
I won't show you the uninvited guest application tools - unless we have uninvited or unruly guests while you are around the property. evil4

Such guests will be treated in a progressively hostile and discreetly liberal fashion.

Buzz, you - and most the rest of you are welcome to drop by unannounced, anytime.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Delphi
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:02:44 AM

sprite wrote:
y'all know that, the more guns in a city, state, country, the higher the murder rate, right?

I will not address the rest of your post, as we all are entitled to our own opinions. However, I believe that one little sentence is more complicated than you think. I tried to post a link to a Harvard paper about the subject, but alas, I can't get it going. (probably one of those lush stipulations)

The point of the paper was that the crime rates in other countries with guns are not as high as America's. For example, at the time of the paper's publication, Luxembourg (a country who had banned all guns) had a murder rate nine times higher than Germany, where 30% of citizens were gun owners. Just one example in many.

The Delphi/NaughtyNurse collaboration - a Recommended Read
pirate1414
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:13:45 AM

people are forgetting the most important thought of the bill of rights anf the 2nd amendement. we have rule that protect us from all people and people do break rules. so states go above and beyond the 2nd amendememnt with the new castle rule which allows a home ower to protect his property and family.
tazznjazz
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:25:12 AM

mas101076 wrote:

My premise that only military personal should be allowed firearms has been dashed if Mas posting as to his service in the military is to be believed.

I came to this second amendment reading assuming men and woman who have seen the face of war are the least likely to use a weapon in anything but the most dire need.

I'd not want to be his neighbor, knocking on his door to borrow a cup of sugar on one of his bad days, mistaken as a home invader and given a display of his particular brand of patriotism from his arsenal of assault weaponry.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:30:14 AM

mas101076 wrote:

first, the facts: a little dated - this is from a couple of years ago - i imagine nothing has changed...

In these United States, 12,632 murders were committed using firearms and 613 persons were killed unintentionally in 2007. Surveys have suggested that guns are used in crime deterrence or prevention around 2.5 million times a year in the United States. The American Journal of Public Health conducted a study that concluded "the United States has higher rates of firearm ownership than do other developed nations, and higher rates of homicide. Of the 233,251 people who were homicide victims in the United States between 1988 and 1997, 68% were killed with guns, of which the large majority were handguns." The ATF estimated in 1995 that the number of firearms available in the US was 223 million.

now, so you understand my perspective, this is my home town:

2011 Homicide Count: 110
2010 Homicide Count: 95
2009 Homicide Count: 104
2008: Homicide Count: 116
2007 Homicide Count: 120
2006 Homicide Count 145
Record Killings 1992: 175 deaths

growing up as a kid, i was around guns a lot. guys in my High School carried, my neighbors carried, the gangers, some of whom i was friendly with, carried, we had guns in our house, and, being the clever, curious kid i was, i had access to them, although my dad was smart enough to drill into me that playing with them was totally forbidden. getting a hold of a gun was as easy as simply asking the right person and having a bit of cash. by the time i was 21 i'd seen a non-lethal shooting up close and personal, almost been shot (accidental or should i say bad aim), lost friends to bullets NOT in a battlefield, but just out being kids, walking home, playing basketball, and yeah, sometimes being stupid.

ok, now, your points, one at a time.

1) "take away the guns and only criminals will have guns"

yes, i've seen the bumper stickers. yes, i agree. it's become impossible to get rid of them all. still, i advocate not putting anymore out there. as per my original post, am only talking handguns, semi-automatic guns, and automatic guns - the ones the were so easily available that THIS happened:

Suspected Colorado movie theater gunman James Holmes purchased four guns at local shops and more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition on the Internet in the past 60 days, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates told a news conference this evening.

"All the ammunition he possessed, he possessed legally, all the weapons he possessed, he possessed legally, all the clips he possessed, he possessed legally," an emotional Oates said.

The chief declined to say whether the weapons were automatic or semi-automatic, but "he could have gotten off 50 to 60 rounds, even if it was semi-automatic, within one minute," Oates said.

12 people dead. and please, don't try to argue that, if they were carrying, it would have been different. from all reports, the chaos inside that theatre and the armor that the gunman was wearing would probably have meant that friendly fire would have accounted for more then just 12 deaths.

2) "Violent Crime in England and Australia are up 300% after strict gun law emplaced.

Crimes recorded by the police in England and Wales fell by 6.1% between the years ending June 2011 and June 2012, according to the latest crime statistics.
9.1m crimes were reported in 2011/12, down from 9.7m the previous year, and 27.2% lower than ten years ago.

as for Australia: Of the five categories of violent crime, four recorded a drop in the number of victims
between 2009 and 2010. These were homicide, assault, sexual assault and robbery

research is your friend :)

3) Actually, i know my history. There are some countries that have banned gun and have a totalitarian regime going. Others don't. Canada has restrictions (and a super low crime rate), as does Australia, Sweden, France, England, Japan - those are not dictorships. Other countries, the lines are blurred a bit more and you may very well be right.

Speaking of history, when the founding father's wrote the first amendment, we had powder and ball muskets. i don't think they wrote it to protect our right to own machine guns. also, times were very different. we didn't have a standing army, and people live in the wilderness where guns were needed for protection from animals as well as a means to feed your family. when was the last time you were attacked by a bear or needed to go out and shoot a cow so you could have burgers? i'm guessing McDonald's would be easier to do - they have a drive thru - no gun needed. :)

4) yes, i am a liberal democrat. socially i lean very far to the left, economically, not as much. personally, i'm not into being 'controlled from birth to death by the Government and collect welfare and food stamps and suck off the system and believe they have a right to what I work my ass off for while they sat at home having more kids to get more of my tax dollars.

In fact, i was working at the age of 16. Two jobs, really, one of which was completely illegal, and the other of which was waitressing. i'm 30 now. i've been working most of my life, with a few stints of being out of work for various reasons, and yes, during those stints, i collected the unemployment i've been paying into. i have never used a foot stamp or been on welfare, tho the 5 months during which i was homeless, i sure could have used them. instead, i 'couch surfed' and drew pictures which i sold on the sidewalk so that i could have enough to eat. spent a lot of time talking to all those people who've become invisible during that time and you know what? some of them are scams. Most, however, aren't. they've fallen thru the cracks so far that it's likely they'll never find a way to crawl back out of the hole and yes, i believe we should do the compassionate thing and help them out so that they can have some sort of a life - perhaps not one as nice as yours or mine, but one in which they have access to medical and housing and food. yep, i'm a liberal democrat and proud of it. :)

Oh, and for the record, i haven't been squirting kids out of my vagina so i can get more welfare, either. been pregnant once, didn't carry to term. not planning on doing it again.

5) Actually, i do like our constitution and bill of rights. because of them, i have the right to vote and i exercise that right. did you know that, at first, the Bill of Rights only protected white males? Sometimes things need to change as the times change. now it protects men AND women of any ethnicity. times change. culture changes. weapons of mayhem evolve. muskets become machine guns. i'm not asking for an across the board ban on all guns. but really, can you sit there and argue that ANYone needs to own an automatic weapon or walk around with handguns ready to blast away at the first sign of trouble?

btw, in regards to your 'if you don't like it, get the hell out of the US' comment, i'd like to point out that the first amendment - the FIRST amendment - guarantees my freedom of speech. :)

6) you don't know anything about me. somehow judging me as "not a real American" simply based upon my views of the current gun laws, is deplorable. you have no idea of how i spend my time, my money, my history, not a single thing about me. you don't know, for instance, that i have deep respect for the men and women in uniform who serve and have served this country. you don't know that, while i was out on the streets, i made friends with US vets, guys who'd been so damaged from their time in the military that they couldn't function in society anymore, that i often helped them out, that i still do. nor do you know that i have friends who have served or are serving overseas.

i vote. i have never missed an election. i pay taxes. i abide the laws (most of them) and the ones i disagree with, i fight to have changed. personally, i'm more interested in the right for ALL US citizens to have equal rights, then for everyone to be allowed to own a gun. i have different priorities than you, obviously, and i'm ok with that, even tho you aren't.

and thank you for your service. that's not a dig. i sincerely mean it. it's not an easy thing to do and i respect you for it. as for putting up signs on my front lawn, nope, i wouldn't put up a sign if i owned a gun, nor do i plan on putting up one not owning one. doesn't seem like a good idea to me - i don't really want my house to stand out, either way. lot of guys, in my old hood, would have seen what you do as a challenge, btw - "dudes got a gun? thinks he's so bad? too funny, let's go fuck with him."

no, not smart, and not something i advocate, but he're talking criminals and gang bangers here.

in closing, in my opinion, guns are good for killing people. period. i'm a pacifist. i don't believe in killing people. i am against the death penalty and i am certainly against senseless killings. realistically, no, i don't think banning guns will put a stop to it, but it's an ideal i am proud to believe in and support and i don't plan on changing my mind.

sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:34:00 AM

pirate1414 wrote:
people are forgetting the most important thought of the bill of rights anf the 2nd amendement. we have rule that protect us from all people and people do break rules. so states go above and beyond the 2nd amendememnt with the new castle rule which allows a home ower to protect his property and family.

and Florida has a 'stand your ground rule' which really, just gives people permission to shoot someone for even feeling threatened. Having recently been sexually assaulted, you really don't want to know my criteria for feeling threatened. i'd be leaving a trail of dead in my wake that would astound you. :)
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:45:34 AM

Delphi wrote:

I will not address the rest of your post, as we all are entitled to our own opinions. However, I believe that one little sentence is more complicated than you think. I tried to post a link to a Harvard paper about the subject, but alas, I can't get it going. (probably one of those lush stipulations)

The point of the paper was that the crime rates in other countries with guns are not as high as America's. For example, at the time of the paper's publication, Luxembourg (a country who had banned all guns) had a murder rate nine times higher than Germany, where 30% of citizens were gun owners. Just one example in many.

you are required to make 20 posts before you can post links or pix here - it's for spammer prevention. soon as you make your 20 you should be able to edit your post and include your link :)

btw, see my above posting in regards to England and Australia who have imposed restrictions on guns. and yes, from what i could find, you're correct about Luxomburg - there's been an increase in violent crimes and drug trafficking here that seem to go hand in hand. whether this effects the normal every day citizen, or it's largely criminal upon criminal activity, i can't tell you without doing a bit more research. :)

as for what i highlighted from your post, i am only speaking of gun laws in the US and the 2nd amendment - i KNOW that there is a disproportional amount amount of crime, especially violent, in my country. it saddens me, quite honestly.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:48:29 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Tazz and Sprite & LadyX are welcome at my compound anytime. Your comfort, safety and freedom to behave in a civilized, discreet and liberally progressive manner will always be encouraged, promoted and...protected.

There is no signage on my door or property. A little paranoia is healthy. Why advertise our intentions? This is as foolish as flying a banner above my driveway proclaiming: Cocksucking, cum guzzling, ass fucking and group groping may occur on these premises.

There will be no false bravado, no chest-thumping blathering and zero tolerance for such as witnessed above.
I won't show you the uninvited guest application tools - unless we have uninvited or unruly guests while you are around the property. evil4

Such guests will be treated in a progressively hostile and discreetly liberal fashion.

Buzz, you - and most the rest of you are welcome to drop by unannounced, anytime.

woo hoo! naked girl party at WWMs house! i'll bring the beer and the condoms!
tazznjazz
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:20:20 PM

Ask Mr. James Brady what his views on gun control are.
ByronLord
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:01:27 PM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
Guns dont kill people.! Just sayin.

Bullets kill people, your point?

Highwayman
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:59:40 PM

duality is funny.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
oldrascal
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:41:13 AM

Sorry Sprite, you have it wrong on more guns, higher murder rate. Look it up before stating facts. Some cities, like Chicago, still have the strictest gun laws in the country and also have the highest murder and gun crimes. Wherever concealed carry has been introduced violent crime has gone down.
tazznjazz
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:37:45 AM

Anyone know the laws and stats in Mexico? I hear they love their guns there and everyone feels safe.
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:50:18 AM

As a citizen of another country, I have no right to comment on the US constitution.
As a citizen of a planet with well over seven billion inhabitants, however, I think all guns should be legal and their use encouraged - football, for instance, would be far more interesting with the introduction of concealed weapons, political debates would be more popular if bazookas and grenades were added to each party's 'talking points'. I draw the line at using nuclear weapons to settle neighbourly disputes, though - they're bad for the environment.

Anybody know where I can buy an anti-aircraft missile launcher? My house is under the approach path to my local airport.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:35:41 AM

oldrascal wrote:
Sorry Sprite, you have it wrong on more guns, higher murder rate. Look it up before stating facts. Some cities, like Chicago, still have the strictest gun laws in the country and also have the highest murder and gun crimes. Wherever concealed carry has been introduced violent crime has gone down.

actually i did a lot of research on this and was able to find information about concealed carry - facts and studies - that backed up both sides of the debate, so at present, i would have to say that there is no evidence supporting either my view or yours that couldn't be skewed. i'm willing to concede that both or neither of us is wrong. :)

as for Chicago, you are correct in your statement. that said, for every Chicago, i could name check...

Alaska, which doesn’t require permits for concealed guns. With 652 violent crimes per 100,000 residents, Alaska’s violent-crime rate in 2008 was also considerably higher than in Illinois, where the FBI reported 525 cases of violent crime for every 100,000 residents.

yes, urban centers are going to have more murders cause there are more people - when you look at violence per capita, however, it tells a different story. :)
sprite
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:38:53 AM

tazznjazz wrote:
Anyone know the laws and stats in Mexico? I hear they love their guns there and everyone feels safe.

from what i can find, there has been a downward trend for violent crimes in New Mexico. See? i can be fair and unbiased :)
Buz
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 8:25:19 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

That would be awesome! I'll even check my guns at the door. Then we can party our asses off.

PS. I'm a capitalist, anti-government, almost anarchistic NRA loving gun nut that is pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro amnesty, and oh so very pro-legalization of cannabis and I sure love a nude beach or nekkid party!

You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

ByronLord
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 8:56:45 PM

I have been on the net long enough to remember when Timothy McVeigh used to make similar second amendment arguments. All about how guns protected people from tyranny etc.

Then he went and planted the Oklahoma City bomb and killed close to 200 people.

The problem is the Timothy McVeighs, they may be 1% of second amendment fans but thats enough.

Gun violence in the US is over 100 times that in the UK.

Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:39:44 AM

I think i can safely speak for the city of Chicago when i say that STREET GANGS are the problem in Chicago not handguns.

Gang member + handgun ="Gangsta" and they all wanna be Gangsta's
oldrascal
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:09:42 AM

Just a small correction, Tazz. In Switzerland, they are not in the military, but are what could be called a militia.
oldrascal
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:26:54 AM

Take a look at this, see what you think.

oldrascal
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:30:41 AM

Sorry, wouldn't take the website, buy here's the text.
An increase in reportings by the media of gun-related violence does not mean that there has been an actual increase in incidents. In fact, violent crime in the U.S. (murder, rape, robbery and assault) actually went down four percent in 2011 compared with the previous year. It’s been going down for the past six years, and last year was the lowest it had been since 2006. It’s dropped twelve percent since then. Naturally, since the Left will never concede intellectually on the gun control debate, the one thing they can do is just report more incidents to give the impression that more guns equals more crime.
The other side of the coin is that gun ownership is up. Forbes pointed out that call-ins to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) have steadily increased over the past decade:
”Over the last 10 years (from 2002 to 2011) there has been a 54.1 percent rise in the number of NICS checks and the increase hasn’t all taken place since 2008. In 2005 there were 8,952,945 NICS checks. In 2006 the number topped 10 million. In 2007 NICS checks pushed passed 11 million. In 2008 NICS checks passed 12 million, and then hit the 14 million mark in 2009. They increased slightly (4 percent) through 2011.”
We’ve all seen these familiar statistics that have shown consistently that as gun sales rise, crime rates drop. These are no surprise to us since we understand that an armed society is a polite society. Liberals like to claim that gun sales are only going up because a black man is president, and overzealous white people think he’s going to take away their guns and ammo. Maybe that’s partly true, but gun sales as you recall “shot up” significantly in the aftermath of the Aurora theater murders. So, it’s not all Obama’s fault, although some have called the President “the greatest gun salesman of all time.”
A couple days ago, it was reported that in Virginia, this very “counterintuitive” phenomenon is occurring now:
”The total number of firearms purchased in Virginia increased 73 percent from 2006 to 2011. When state population increases are factored in, gun purchases per 100,000 Virginians rose 63 percent. But the total number of gun-related violent crimes fell 24 percent over that period, and when adjusted for population, gun-related offenses dropped more than 27 percent, from 79 crimes per 100,000 in 2006 to 57 crimes in 2011.”
In spite of the Left’s distortion of statistics related to gun violence (which also include accidents and suicides which inflate the numbers) and their lust to control our access to self-defense tools, we may be winning the debate after all. The left are doing these things and advocating gun control measures in spite of public opinion. They’re forcing it on people they claim to represent.
Gallup released a poll last year that showed a remarkable change of opinion over the last several decades when it came to guns:
”A record-low 26% of Americans favor a legal ban on the possession of handguns in the United States other than by police and other authorized people. When Gallup first asked Americans this question in 1959, 60% favored banning handguns. But since 1975, the majority of Americans have opposed such a measure, with opposition around 70% in recent years.”
This is great news because it means we’re winning the battle that counts, the battle of ideas. The more people are educated about the Second Amendment and the importance of guns, the less crime we’ll witness. It’s such a “no-brainer,” you’d think it’d come naturally to liberals.

Read more: #ixzz2DRfDQ6BE
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:34:33 AM

That sounds about right, though the gun-nut obsession with Obama (much like the general right-wing obsession with Obama) is mostly a straw-man phenomenon to begin with. Neither he, nor the Democrats, have made any real noise about gun control because they know that's way, way down the list of critical and attainable issues. But if his presence in the White House freaks people out enough to on gun-nuttery buying sprees (and apparently it does), then at least the gun and ammo manufacturers can benefit.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:46:13 PM

If I am confronted by a thug bearing a gun, most likely I will come out on top. That comes with lots and lots of practice. There are gun self defense classes and gun safety classes in every major city and many small ones too. IF, you are going to own a gun I strongly suggest you take those classes and learn as much about the gun, gun safety, etc. as you can. If not you may be more of a menace to yourself and the people you care about. And most of all, store your gun in a safe place where children cannot get to it.