Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Announcing: "December Snow" by Nicki DeLante, is now available on Amazon.com Options · View
lushpublishing
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:05:23 PM

We are delighted to announce that the first of Nicki's ebooks is now available on Amazon.

You may already know her work, she goes by the member name LittleSister_ here.

"December Snow" is one for you romantics out there, a tale of both love and loss:

Amazon Link

Synopsis:

December! It’s a time of year that for many, garner a plethora of emotions.

And for Rachel, it brings about mixed emotions, though ones that are a far cry from being ‘Merry and Gay’.

A young, up and coming chef, Rachel lost her parents two years ago in a senseless accident and now she can’t help but feel disenchanted and angry with the world. And the early December snow only reinforces the bitterness she feels. So, taking on a not so subtle suggestion from her friend, she takes a little time off to see if she can’t sort herself out. Rachel heads up into the mountains to escape the city and her life… and perhaps the sad memories that linger like ghosts in her heart.

Jared is a cop that has nearly laid the last of his ghosts to rest and is seeking a bit of solitude. Hiding out in a mountaintop cabin, he hopes to find some new direction in his life. He’s all set to enjoy a little quiet time on his own, when his somewhat ‘Forced’ escape is interrupted by the smallest, most beguiling woman he’s ever laid eyes on.

Rachel and Jared’s serendipitous meeting gets off to a strained start, and even though they have little choice, they find a tenuous mid-ground. Only then do they let fate takes it course and wonder at the notion of why life can sometimes be so very strange. Sparks fly, and the two snow-bound souls find something they never thought they would…
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:09:49 PM

Sounds like winter is heating up! This is a great time of year to publish a book like this.

Congrats again!

nicola
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:25:22 PM

It's quite a magical story, I thoroughly enjoyed it 3601
Frank_Lee
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:10:04 AM

Congratulations to Nicki and of course to Lush! I've had a chance to read this story as well. Being a fan of great love stories, this was really a wonderful read. I hope it's going to be read by many many other people, too. It deserves to be.

Lisa
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:26:10 AM

Congratulations, Nicki!

Shylass
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:39:22 AM

occasion7 If this is anything like the other work of this author that I've read, this will be excellent!

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:55:06 AM

Congratulations!
LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:04:28 PM

so proud for you, friend!!!! and i have mine...

LittleSister_
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:04:16 AM

Thanks guys! Sorry I'm a little slow getting on here (plus I didn't actually know this post was up :s ), usually I can only manage a minute or two either way. Can I just say that I am both excited and humbled at being able to publish with the site that has made such a difference to my writing and my life. Thanks to Nicola for giving me a chance - and of course, a huge thank you and wet kisses to Frank! Embarassed for recommending some of my work in the first place. You are all amazing and I really hope you like the read! Thanks again.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
"Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove." - Terry Pratchett
She
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:20:26 PM

Among my Lush Publishing collection, I randomly began reading it with your e-book and I was so not disappointed. I really enjoyed how story was building up and developing. Congratulations and lots of success with it 3601