Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Are You A Different Person When Drunk? Options · View
freakycactus
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 5:58:11 AM

I wouldn't say different, rather I'm a bit more.

More loud, more giggly, more confident, more bolshy, more horny, etc, etc.

I shushed a couple of guys at the theatre last night and my boyfriend joked that I should be careful because they were bigger than him, my response was, 'That doesn't mean that I can't take them.'

Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:43:45 AM

I don't drink. Been clean and sober for 28 yrs and counting. I found there was more to life than just drowning all my sorrows away.
MadMartigan
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:08:24 AM

Contrary to what is posted in my profile, when drunk I become super super friendly and starting giving everyone big hugs and complimenting everyone in sight.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:34:08 AM

Im not really ashamed to say this, but ive never been drunk. Ive been pretty tipsy but thats it lol. I dont really have a group of friends to just let it all go with. Maybe with the right group of people id get drunk. :p
ShyVixen
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:43:55 AM

I become more open and free, say what I think and have a tendency to do crazy things. Dance on the bar like I'm in Coyote Ugly, switch outfits in the ladies room with my girlfriends, give my bra away, kiss girls! Ok I just celebrated my 40th!!
Nikki703
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:33:44 AM

ShyVixen wrote:
I become more open and free, say what I think and have a tendency to do crazy things. Dance on the bar like I'm in Coyote Ugly, switch outfits in the ladies room with my girlfriends, give my bra away, kiss girls! Ok I just celebrated my 40th!!

Wanna Get Drunk? HAHA!!!
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:29:51 PM

Never have drank that much but the few times I have been legitimately drunk the mouth spoke well before the brain engaged and the clothes seemed to come off easier. A lot easier.

♫♫♫No, no, no, no I don't do that no more. It turns me into such a sleazy whore♫♫♫
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:36:18 PM

Sluttier Lol And very horny! When with the right girlfriend. :)
ShyVixen
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:00:02 PM

Nikki703 wrote:

Wanna Get Drunk? HAHA!!!

Tell me where and when! And I'm sober saying that!
Ardentmale
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:00:52 PM

As much as I get bolder when I have been drunk (Cant remember the last time I was)... I am also generally quieter... If I am drinking hard liquor or beer, I am usually in a jovial mood, with lots of laughter... If I am drinking wine... I just become hornier and more amorous...

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
ajm45
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:24:56 PM

I wouldn't say different...my general bubbly disposition just intensifies. I laugh a lot, get a little louder, want to dance and flirt more, etc.

I'm also a touch more emotional and prone to crying after I've drank quite a bit. Or so my friends say, at least!

[And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.]
firewalker69
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:19:41 PM

I think I am the same drunk or sober... Fun loving all the time, but don't get drunk often...
DanielleX
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:47:58 PM

I'm definitely not a different person. My behaviour does change though.

I become giggly and laugh at stupid things and start to play practical jokes on people. One day Laura, Gemma and I were playing strip Scrabble and I went to the loo and flushed the Z down the toilet. I thought it was funny at the time but Laura made me buy a new set just for a Z. Now we've got two Scrabble sets with one completely useless (unless you don't mind not having the Z.

Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:58:53 PM

I am into wine. I have it most often with food. Depending on which kind I choose to drink for pleasure, however, it will help determine my mood. But I like to use wines that chill me out more and relax me. That makes me more genuine and passionate. So it does amplify a side of me I wish to elevate at the time.
Alexandra_A
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 5:22:18 PM

I don't drink. But surely one would not poison one's body just for the sake of it? There must be some immense benefit, something beyond the teenage need to flaunt authority, to break rules and experiment with grown-up things that clings on into adulthood...

Everyone is different when drunk. It's a mind altering drug, that alcohol stuff. It can be harmless fun, I'm sure, but some people get violent; others drive their car, or they say things their sober selves would never dream of saying. Hence, they hurt people in lots of ways. And many get addicted. A friend of mine is alcoholic. He lost his job, his wife and kids. He lost his health and his self-respect. Yet he cannot stop drinking alcohol, cannot break the addiction. It will kill him soon. He is certainly different when drunk. I can vouch for that.

I don't like the taste, the numbness, and don't enjoy the feeling of 'out of control', however slight. And, to be honest, I just don't get it. I like being me, don't need to oil the wheels, to loosen up. I am often surrounded by tipsy, even drunk people and find myself feeling sorry for them. Sorry for their impending hangovers; sorry for the sad lives I imagine they must lead in order to find pleasurable escape in their present pathetic condition.

Drinking to excess is somehow seen to be clever, but it isn't. Chimps eat fermenting fruit and fall out of trees, probably tell their chimpy banana-breathed mates how they got 'hammered', 'went on a right bender', 'got pissed as a sloth'. Come on, Humanity, surely it's time to evolve?

That was a light-hearted question that received a heavy-handed response. But I offer no apology. Drinking alcohol is potentially as serious as snorting cocaine. We need to be responsible, take it seriously and stop talking like thirteen year-olds.

"If I sign off with pithy quotations, ignore all preceding opinion for I am undoubtedly a fool. And if, after our discourse, I abuse you by proffering my vulgar produce, cast me into the gutter."
LadyX
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 5:27:18 PM

Are you kidding? I'm a different person when I go too long without eating. Pump me full of booze? Yeah, I'd say I change a little.
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:40:44 PM

Alexandra_A wrote:
I don't drink. But surely one would not poison one's body just for the sake of it? There must be some immense benefit, something beyond the teenage need to flaunt authority, to break rules and experiment with grown-up things that clings on into adulthood...

Everyone is different when drunk. It's a mind altering drug, that alcohol stuff. It can be harmless fun, I'm sure, but some people get violent; others drive their car, or they say things their sober selves would never dream of saying. Hence, they hurt people in lots of ways. And many get addicted. A friend of mine is alcoholic. He lost his job, his wife and kids. He lost his health and his self-respect. Yet he cannot stop drinking alcohol, cannot break the addiction. It will kill him soon. He is certainly different when drunk. I can vouch for that.

I don't like the taste, the numbness, and don't enjoy the feeling of 'out of control', however slight. And, to be honest, I just don't get it. I like being me, don't need to oil the wheels, to loosen up. I am often surrounded by tipsy, even drunk people and find myself feeling sorry for them. Sorry for their impending hangovers; sorry for the sad lives I imagine they must lead in order to find pleasurable escape in their present pathetic condition.

Drinking to excess is somehow seen to be clever, but it isn't. Chimps eat fermenting fruit and fall out of trees, probably tell their chimpy banana-breathed mates how they got 'hammered', 'went on a right bender', 'got pissed as a sloth'. Come on, Humanity, surely it's time to evolve?

That was a light-hearted question that received a heavy-handed response. But I offer no apology. Drinking alcohol is potentially as serious as snorting cocaine. We need to be responsible, take it seriously and stop talking like thirteen year-olds.

No need to apologize for speaking the truth so few are willing to even acknowledge.
lindseyaggie
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:48:41 PM

Drinking makes my clothes fall off. Of course they come off pretty easy anyway.
ManInNewHampshire
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:00:22 AM

I stopped drinking about 18 to 20 years ago. No problem, just liked the influence I had over others that were drunk.
It is actually more fun being sober around people that have been drinking.
theallegorist
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:27:22 PM

I'm awfully silent when drunk!! You won't hear me spilling secrets or any of my escapades.
TxPrincess
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:47:14 AM

NO, I am me all the time....I am quirky and talk alot, drinkin just make me either sleepy or more open..Definitely not different.

The TxPrincess

Always a princess, always me...Kisses

evie_j
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:17:36 AM

not really ... i talk a little more and i'm a little hornier but when I'm sober I talk a lot and I'm usually pretty horny anyway lol
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:47:39 PM

I don't drink very often but when I do I become this really snarky, depressed bitch.
Tyking85
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:38:31 PM

Yes, I just laugh and want to dance!
Icarus32
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 1:08:55 AM

Wouldn't know, I don't drink, never have and doubt I ever will.

As for others, alcohol definitely effects ones judgements and actions so you could say that people are different, how different depends on the individual.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 2:36:55 PM

Sadly my personality does change when I am drunk ...I no longer care what is appropriate ...so now as a mother I have chosen not to drink excessively and rarely have a drink.
mayan
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:20:10 PM

i am boring... same person when drunk... just high on alcohol :P
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:49:47 PM

Most difinitely, I'm more likely to get myself in trouble.
BadCompany
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:41:14 PM

More confident, bolder, and more awesome lol
Agrippa
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 3:04:27 PM

I become suave, sophisticated, debonair, charming, cool, handsome, funny, attractive, witty, sparkling, elegant, confident, eloquent, smooth, fluent, charismatic, engaging, interesting and sexy.

"Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts."

Finley Peter Dunne - American Humourist.