Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Judge orders woman to wear "idiot" sign. Humiliating or not harsh enough? Options · View
joecap
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 7:00:09 PM

From what I saw I think the judge went too lightly on her. When she entered the sidewalk she didn't even slow down. I would have put here in jail for reckless endangerment and taken her license away indefinitely. This is just another example of someone with a sense of entitlement ...regardless of who may get hurt by their actions. like a previous poster stated before... you can't wait one minute or get your ass moving one minute earlier.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 9:40:24 PM

joecap wrote:
From what I saw I think the judge went too lightly on her. When she entered the sidewalk she didn't even slow down. I would have put here in jail for reckless endangerment and taken her license away indefinitely. This is just another example of someone with a sense of entitlement ...regardless of who may get hurt by their actions. like a previous poster stated before... you can't wait one minute or get your ass moving one minute earlier.

Not only did she not slow down, but the parking lot she was cutting through belongs to a childrens' day care facility, and the front door of the daycare is right on that sidewalk. It was only a matter of time before someone exited that day care at the same time she was speeding past its front door.

She's a dumbass, and she got off a lot lighter than she deserved.

keoloke
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:32:19 AM

What would the judge do if she does not perform his 1940 kindergarten punishment? public spank her?

Judge was at the same time way out of line and too lenient.

Embarrassment doesn't teach her anything, just as the thirty days no license.

I would start with the judge imbecilic misuse and underuse of authority before he gets the next case... than her.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:40:45 AM

keoloke wrote:
What would the judge do if she does not perform his 1940 kindergarten punishment? public spank her?

Judge was at the same time way out of line and too lenient.

Embarrassment doesn't teach her anything, just as the thirty days no license.

I would start with the judge imbecilic misuse of authority, than her.

I like your idea of public spanking. They could do it in the town center next to the stock where people throw rotten food.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Catnip
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:29:42 PM

*shakes head*
Would be interesting if the judge is judged to wear an idiot sign in court.

Catnip
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:29:43 PM

*shakes head*
Would be interesting if the judge is judged to wear an idiot sign in court.

MzRogue
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:44:22 PM

Seeing as how she performed this stunt more than once... I agree with her "out of the box" punishment. However, I would probably alter it a tad by making it more to do with the kids seeing how it was a school bus that she was avoiding stopping for.
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:55:15 PM

She wrote:
What's wrong with you people!? Is this how you are going to educate your children when they make mistake??
Yes she is an idiot no question about it, but that is not the way to solve any problems. Judges are there to re-educate mistakes we do and that is just not the way things should go.

Driving on the sidewalk is not a mistake though. There is a big difference between a mistake and something dangerous. You never drive on the sidewalk because what if there are kids on the sidewalk or adults on the sidewalk. She is a complete idiot. However I think she deserves more of a punishment than that.
She
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:16:09 AM

smoothwetkitty wrote:

Driving on the sidewalk is not a mistake though. There is a big difference between a mistake and something dangerous. You never drive on the sidewalk because what if there are kids on the sidewalk or adults on the sidewalk. She is a complete idiot. However I think she deserves more of a punishment than that.

I really don't see how is humiliation better than taking her driving licance away permanently. Not that is bad on individual level, but can and it will have big consequences in law itself. It is not democratic, it is personal, it is not ethical and law of the modern democratic country shouldn't allow non traditional to become traditional. And it can and it will if this is not only one case. So next time , lets say, when domestic violence will happen, with a good attorney who will base his/hers defence on this case and domestic aggressor will get idiot sign for a week? You are headed this road if..
She
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:30:58 AM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

What do you mean "Bring them back?" They're still here.

You see, I was afraid of this. What, they are keeping it low profile, gathering in dark catacombs and whining how democracy didn't bring them any good and god for sure didn't have in mind blacks to have any rights but to serve them? angry7 And with angry fists pointing up they mantra that god will do them justice and that one day their preside is yet to come? Fuck.angry7 please don't tell me they are active.

I just want to clarify one of my sentences, when I said that I mock this thread, I certanly didn't have in mind LM and his efford to bring us new topics to discus, but in what way this thread is going and that there are people who actually don't see nothing wrong in humiliating another person when there is law required to do the non personal justice. I actually learn a lot from Think Tank, and Lush in general.
JamieW
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:56:39 AM

No she deserved it, She shouldn't have a Driving license, How stupid can you get?...
Kinky_Becky
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:30:48 AM

I am so tired of people talking about "harsh and humiliating punishment." I'm humiliated if I get pulled over by a police officer. I'm humiliated if there's a cop car in my driveway. I was humiliated if I failed a test in school, or even got a bad grade. I'd be humiliated if I went to jail or had to tell an employer I was convicted of a felony. I'd be humiliated if I got fired. I'd be humiliated if I had to use food stamps, stand in the unemployment line, or got welfare. What is wrong with being humiliated? It's fear of humiliation that drives us to be better. Seems that's the big problem now. No one feels shame. Less than 75% of kids graduate high school on schedule. This woman drove on the sidewalk to avoid a stopped school bus. Imagine the punishment she would have endured if she had hit a child!!! She needs a wakeup call. She needs someone to make her realize that she is not the center of the universe. Far better a judge to do that with a sign than a dead child.

scooter
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:50:50 AM

The Ku-Klux-Klan did not punish people for; not living right.
They punished African Americans for being black, and I believe foreigners as well.
It was called "White Supremacy", and yes, many of those idiots are still out there miss she.
Maybe we could all make up some cool signs for them dumb ass's. (the KKK)

I'm no Lawyer, but I believe the problem lies in the fact that no matter how blatant this woman's act was,
by law, it's still considered a simple traffic violation here in the USA.
All this means; the judge is limited in the line of punishment. He/she, can not expel her licence for any longer than a few months.
She (the judge) can not exceed boundaries on fines either.

Considering the potential dangers this women was creating with her very selfish act, I think the judge was creative in her decision.
The best news is: the children are safe.

scooter.

dirtysweatywhore
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:04:25 AM

For me this post begs the question... where is the humilation? in having to stand on a corner holding a sign, or what the sign actually says. Idiot does not even begin to describe the stupid, selfish, moronic act this woman exhibited. And while this non traditional punishment may have its merits, it is true that it opens way to abuse of the justice system. A choice... one between a rock and a hard place would seem most appropriate.

30 days lost license and $250 fine... no a joke... 90 days lost license, $1000 dollar fine, be required to enroll in driving lessons, retake drivers test and formal apology to the children of the school and on the bus

ORRRRRR.....

1 week, from 1 hour before school starts to 1 hour after it ends holding a sign that says "I broke the law and endangered the lives of the children who occupy this street"

The idiot part would speak for itself
sugarbabe
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:49:24 AM

I agree, it was not harsh enough. She chose to do this 4-5 times. (that's how they were able to film her)
That was her downfall. She KEPT doing this horrific driving error
without thinking about anyone but herself.
30 days in jail.
$1,000 fine
6 months licence suspended
driving school
and still wear the sign!

And, if you are going to be late to work ( she worked at a police station at that!)
get up and leave a few minutes earlier!

cussing

sex is like a joke...it's only good if you get it

keoloke
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:12:32 PM

elitfromnorth wrote:

I like your idea of public spanking. They could do it in the town center next to the stock where people throw rotten food.

Exactly, and if that doesn’t fit the crime, we can always bring back the Joan of Arc’s ultimate punishment, not only in a public square, but also in line with the times by broadcast live over the net.

What I find disturbing is the amount of opinions that side with the judge.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Playmale
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:17:28 PM

If you think that the judge's sentence was a stupid move, the you have to admit that he has found a way to speak to the woman in her own language.

DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:44:59 PM

What I wonder is, what was the original charge? Was she charged with reckless endangerment? The judge can only find and sentence based on the charges filed.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Dani
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:15:49 AM

She wrote:

You see, I was afraid of this. What, they are keeping it low profile, gathering in dark catacombs and whining how democracy didn't bring them any good and god for sure didn't have in mind blacks to have any rights but to serve them? angry7 And with angry fists pointing up they mantra that god will do them justice and that one day their preside is yet to come? Fuck.angry7 please don't tell me they are active.

I just want to clarify one of my sentences, when I said that I mock this thread, I certanly didn't have in mind LM and his efford to bring us new topics to discus, but in what way this thread is going and that there are people who actually don't see nothing wrong in humiliating another person when there is law required to do the non personal justice. I actually learn a lot from Think Tank, and Lush in general.

They still have marches and meetings and such. The only hiding they do is behind their cloaks and pointy hats, as far as I know. Although we don't agree with what they represent (well at least I don't), they have a right to be that way. Unfortunately, stupidity and bigotry doesn't really need our consent.dontknow

However, what they don't get away with is their mindless acts of violence. Even in a time where their vicious acts were condoned, new advances in technology and the use of DNA evidence has led to the conviction/sentencing of several living KKK members responsible for terrible acts of violence in the past.

I'm not saying it's all perfect and they've all been punished. What I'm saying is that for the most part, they don't get away with it anymore. They have constitutional rights just like the rest of us, so the KKK will never NOT exist. And they don't have to hide.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:33:47 PM

DLizze wrote:
The judge clearly is not the brightest bulb in the light string. If he were smart, he'd have sentenced her to a number of hours of community service - to be served acting as a school crossing guard.
and washing school buses. Revoke her license? Jail time? Unless she has a extensive driving record/criminal record that is not going to happen?

How did the KKK get brought into this? from what i understand the KKK is pretty much dead. Today there are much more wicked white hate groups out there compared to the klan. Check out "Gangland " on spike tv if you would like to learn more.
lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:16:34 AM

Here is another unconventional sentence from a judge. Ordering a boy who killed his best friend in an auto accident. The boy had alcohol in his system, but not enough to be deemed drunk in the eyes of the law. So, part of the boys sentence passed down by the judge is that the boy must attend church. It appears the victims family has no objections to the sentence. Here's the link....

Judge sentences boy to weekly attendance at church.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
flytoomuch
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:21:15 AM

Well I don't know about putting her in the stocks? She is an IDIOT however and as Gulfcoaster has pointed out she was endangering lives. If she had killed your child perhaps you might be less objective about the whole matter? I have had few "close calls" in my life driving and I hate IDIOT drivers who endanger other people's lives. I don't know what the law allows, but aside from the sign she got off very easily.