Do you have a reading list?

last reply
16 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've always had an unofficial list of novels/authors I want to read, it grows larger all the time even though I read a lot.

So how about anyone else?
Lurker
0 likes
Not really a list, official or otherwise, but does a pile of books waiting to be read count?

There are books I hear about, or read reviews of, that sound interesting, and sometimes I note the titles down, and try and find the book to see if it really lives up to the promise.
Lurker
0 likes
Nic, didn't you do a forum posting on books that people like to read???
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
Nic, didn't you do a forum posting on books that people like to read???

There is a thread of that nature, however that's not exactly the question asked here...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Not really a list, official or otherwise, but does a pile of books waiting to be read count?

There are books I hear about, or read reviews of, that sound interesting, and sometimes I note the titles down, and try and find the book to see if it really lives up to the promise.

The pile counts, sadly I have one of those piles and a list.. I think I like to read too much..
Lurker
0 likes
Every single James Patterson Novel, the only problem is he keeps popping them out! I cant keep up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A former member of this site gave me a list of books she thought I would enjoy. I'm about half way through it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jebru
A former member of this site gave me a list of books she thought I would enjoy. I'm about half way through it.

Are you enjoying them?
Lurker
0 likes
I saved a reading list from a creative writing course that was based online, the Tutor posted a long list of popular books. I must find it later and post it up for everyone I love re-taking English Literature courses every few years, so I can read 10 new books in the course My fave book I read on last years EL course was The Color Purple brilliant!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I love re-taking English Literature courses every few years, so I can read 10 new books in the course

This is a really good idea. If only I had the time -- (I need to take control of my awake hours again... I think I´m going to start an internal revolution soon lol)

I have a long reading list of stories I want to read here on lush. Unfortunatly my work schedule does not allow me to fully engage is reducing its size!! Furthermore, it seems to grow exponentially lol.
0 likes
Issac Asimov, was mentioned. As a sci-fi fan I actually haven't read his work yet sad
Ray Bradbury
Robert E. Howard (reading)

Surprisingly, I actually don't have lists of authors, but rather lists of books. Have a long list of both classic novels and more contemporary work. As well, I have a list of other important works but aren't novels.
Lurker
0 likes
A pile of books for me too. Thing is, I don't start a series if I don't have the complete collection yet.

I usually bring one or two books with me when I travel, or whenever I know I'll be doing a lot of waiting. At present, I have these:

CS Lewis
Out of the Silent Planet - started
Perelandra
That Hideous Strength

Henry Lincoln etal
Holy Blood Holy Grail - halfway done

John Irving
158-Pound Marriage - some chapters
Hotel New Hampshire

Isaac Asimov
Nemesis

Ursula Le Guin (incomplete)
Wizard of Earthsea
The Farthest Shore
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I've always had an unofficial list of novels/authors I want to read, it grows larger all the time even though I read a lot.

So how about anyone else?

The reading list is always there.. seems to keep getting longer and longer.. but I do keep chipping away at it.
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller
Lurker
0 likes
Yes. I keep an excel spreadsheet of books read, reading now, and those I want to read. It's about to hit 1000... I have too little time...