Quote Game -share the 3rd sentence on page 34

last reply
82 replies
8.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had fun with this one a time before on another site. Thought you might like it.

Pick a book you can see from where you are now. Share the 3rd sentence on page 34.

"On June 9,1943 we lost our Capt., you could not ask for a better man than Capt."

Pacific War Diary 1942 - 1945
The Secret Diary of an American Sailor
-James J. Fahey
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lurker
0 likes
It had taken three husky peasant boys half an hour's sweating and panting to get Larry's trunks into the villa, while Larry bustled around them, directing operations.

My Family and Other Animals, by Gerald Durrell

Lurker
0 likes
Afterward I plop myself down on a bench in the plaza next to the station and gaze up at the sunny sky.

Kafka on the Shore, by Haruki Murakami
Constant Gardener
0 likes
For acknowledgments of reports, orders, documents, payments and other business items, use letterhead stationery, memo paper or form letters.

How To Say It: Choice words, phrases, sentences & paragraphs for every situation ... Rosalie Maggio
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
; and honestly I would have plunged in anguish through the floor of the train if I could have.

Memoirs of a Geisha -Arthur Golden

book shelf next to the desk : ) -got boobs ?? I mean books
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It happened at night, during the course of his researches on the orbit of the moon.

The Clouds -Aristophanes, translated by William Arrowsmith
Lurker
0 likes
"For fifty-six years I have lived as best I could
Making my way in the world.
Now the rain has ended, the clouds are clearing
The blue sky has a full moon."

~Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
Lurker
0 likes
My breasts heave and blaze.

On hundred more poems from the Japanese edited by Kenneth Rexroth.

The complete poem is here:

You do not come
On this moonless night.
O walk wanting you.
My breasts heave and blaze.
My heart burns up.

by Ono No Komachi
Lurker
0 likes
Crazed bloodthirsty Goddamned bastards! - Man Crazy : Joyce Carol Oates

Text is italicized in the novel.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
"I bought a conservative three-pack of Ramses, some Certs, and a Tampax Super Plus"

Going Down - by Jennifer Belle
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
"The launching of such a libel prosecution by a succesful and popular dramatist against a well-known peer and sporting character was bound to create widespread public interest."

The Trials of Oscar Wilde by H. Montgomery Hyde
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Say, stealth calm as green tree sloth, say, "esteemed host sister, what is labor position of respected father?"

Pygmy by chuck palahniuk
Lurker
0 likes
Hi, Rx, welcome back.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Hi, Rx, welcome back.

Thanks Rocco. Thought I would pop in for a short visit
Lurker
0 likes
Danika's head tilted to the side, her artist's eye seeing the heart-wrenching possibilities of a portrait.

The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"I don't think I've laughed with anybody since I met Riley," he said, echoing my thoughts.

-From The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Bunch of Hocus-smokus, if you were to ask me, which no one has so far.

Cat with an emerald eye by Carole Nelson Douglas
Constant Gardener
0 likes
"I driiiink youurr miiiiilkshake," the hot-velvet voice of his sister crooned.

A Taint in the Blood - S.M. Stirling (2010)

I was going to read this...now I'm having 2nd thoughts.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Everybody got so fed up with this that I soon dropped the project completely, and only toward the end of my twenty months of cold labor (as one of the botanists jocosely put it) concocted a perfectly spurious and very racy report that the reader will find published in the Annals of Adult Psychophysics for 1945 or 1946, as well as in the issue of Arctic Explorations devoted to that particular expedition;

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
found it on the floor...
Lurker
0 likes
"We've mounted the largest investigation since the Yorkshire Ripper and the Black Panther, but still we do not have a suspect."

Ghoul by Michael Slade
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And Browder Ridge's view of the High Cascades snowpeaks is second to none.

100 Hikes in the Central Oregon Cascades
Constant Gardener
0 likes
In U.S. on the Moon written by U.S. News & World Report in 1969, the neutral point distance is again displayed as 22,000 miles from the surface of the Moon.

Moongate: Suppressed Findings of the U.S. Space Program - The NASA-Military Cover-Up
William L. Brian II 1982
Lurker
0 likes
The dancing began within a few minutes after they were seated; and James, who ad been engaged quite as long as his sister, was very importunate with Isabella to stand up; but John was gone into the card-room to speak to a friend, and nothing, she declared should induce her to join the set before her dear Catherine could join it too: "I assure you," said she, "I would not stand up without your dear sister for all the world; for if I did we should certainly be seperated the whole evening."

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"The first thing made from the first heat of the first order of Rearden Metal."
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"To visualize the nine anatomical divisions, imagine a tic-tac-toe diagram over this region"
fourth edition Medical Terminology A living language (I just took a test on this, got an A!)
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
"Women who cohabited with their future spouse before marriage are 80% more likely to have their marriage dissolve than women who did not cohabit before marriage.

American Sociological Review 53 (1988): 127-138

Gateway To Judaism

Rabbi Mordechai Becher
Lurker
0 likes

But no one knows when it was first discovered.

The Celestine Prophecy
- James Redfield (1993)
Lurker
0 likes
You're vehicle is fitted with a navigation system, how should you avoid letting this distract you when driving?

The official theory test guide for car drivers- DSA HIGHWAY CODE
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Also absent in the Bible is the reference to the pre-Diluvial city named Sippar ("the city of the Sun-god Shamash") and the safekeeping there of 'every available writing'.

There Were Giants Upon The Earth - gods, demigods and human ancestry: The Evidence of Alien DNA - Zecharia Sitchin ...2010
Lurker
0 likes
"Great special effects and hilarious gags make this one of the best from this crazy duo."

~ Movie review of "Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man", "VideoHound's Golden Movie Retriever"