Share Recipes

last reply
166 replies
23.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
It seems to come up often (surprising for a sex site) (no pun intended) with a question of what's for dinner (lunch, etc) ... here's a place to share your recipes or find one that someone has suggested.

Feel free to share ... we seem to all love to eat, cook or at least clean up the dishes!!!

Van

Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Pan Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Fresh Herbs

6 cloves of garlic, Peeled
4 tbsp snipped Italian Parsley
2 Tbsp fresh Tarragon (or 1 Tbsp dried)
2 Tbsp fresh chives (or substitute green onion)
The zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1 whole chicken, washed and patted dry

Preheat the oven 450°.

Using a mini food processor, chop together the garlic, parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon peel and 1 tsp salt. With the machine on drizzle in 3 tbsp olive oil and process until a coarse paste forms.

Gently slide your fingers between the skin and flesh of the chicken breasts and legs. Place breast side down in a cutting board, with the large cavity facing you. Using good kitchen shears, start at the open cavity and cut down each side of the backbone; discard the backbone. Open the chicken like a book, and then flip over. Press down firmly on the top fleshy part of the breast until you hear the bone crack.

Using your fingers, stuff the herb mixture under the skin spreading it evenly. Rub the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil on the skin and underside of the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Place breast side up in a roasting pan and cook until the skin is golden and crispy or until an instant read thermometer registers 165°, about 45 min. During the last 10 minutes cover loosely with foil. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Raviolli Skillet (easy to make, only for 15 minutes)

1 14.5-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese ravioli
1 15-ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini) or navy beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or parsley

DIRECTIONS:

In a large saucepan combine tomatoes and broth; bring to boiling. Stir in zucchini and ravioli. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 6 to 7 minutes or until ravioli is tender and broth mixture is slightly thickened, stirring gently once or twice. Stir beans into ravioli mixture; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and basil.

Then serve with Italian Greens, Garlic Toast and Pistachio Ice Cream

This is what I'm going to be doing for tonight!!! smile
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
11/2 shot vanilla vodka
1/1/2 shot bananna liquer
mix well in an ice filled shaker and pour into a martini glass
add 1/2 shot godiva chocolate liquer as a floater
enjoy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-raising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) a small splash of vanilla extract
1 coffee mug

Put dry ingredients in mug, and mix well Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the
top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

Note: This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lurker
0 likes
Coconut Chicken soup.

Coconut milk. One Tin.
Chopped Chilli.
Lemon Grass.
Ginger.
Breast of chicken sliced.

Tie four Lemon grass together with string, bash the ends with anything you can find and use it as a stirrer.

Serve with toasted bread and some chopped Corriander on the top.
Lurker
0 likes
Now this is a forum that I can sink my teeth in Thank You Van

Did this for Super Bowl Sunday:
Buffalo Chicken Cornbread w/ Blue Cheese Salad

Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8

Ingredients:
Crisco Original No~Stick Cooking Spray

Cornbread:
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsps. Crisco Pure Olive Oil
1 (6.5 oz.) Martha White Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese substitute: 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
2 cups cooked, frozen, boneless Buffalo~style hot wings, thawed and diced
1/2 red pepper flakes
2 tbsps. chopped cilanto

Salad
1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped substitute: spinich
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup crumpled blue cheese substitute: omit
2/3 cup blue cheese (ranch) salad dressing
1/2 cup tomato, diced
Cilantro, chopped

Due to allergies, I substitute Ranch Dressing for the Blue Cheese

Directions: Heat oven to 400* F. Spray 10 1/2 inch Lodge cast iron skillet or 8 x 8~inch (2 quart) baking dish with no~stick cooking spray. Stir egg, milk, and oil together. Add cornbread mix, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup blue cheese, diced hot wings, red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Stir until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared skillet or baking dish, spread evenly. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool. COMBINE lettuce, celery,red onion, and 1/2 cup cruppled blue cheese. Toss with blue cheese dressing. Cut cornbread into 8 servings. Top each serving with an even amount of salad. Garnish with diced tomatoes and cilantro.

SweetSexyThing got a question, doll. Is it only cheese filled rav?

Now this recipe is for Milik_The_Red (word of warning: facial hair & nose hair fire)

Backdraft recipe

serve in
Brandy Snifter

Scale ingredients to servings
1 1/2 oz Drambuie® Scotch whisky
1 1/2 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur

Pour equal amounts into Brandy Snifter and light.

Place hands over top of glass to form airtight seal that extinguishes flame. Slide straw between fingers keeping seal as tight as possible. Drink beverage through straw.

Remove straw after drink is finished. Put glass to nose and remove hand to allow burnt fumes to be inhaled through nose. Definitely a one-a-nighter.
Lurker
0 likes
Oooh ... wonderful sounding recipes ... love it!!!

(somehow sex and food seem to go together well!)

oh, and if anyone was wondering ... I signed off as Vam .... too busy licking my fingers that had some chocolate sauce on it from the ice cream as I was writing this thread out .... ooops!

Looking forward to reading more and trying out a number of these recipes!!

Van
x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Algol’s Guinness Chili

Ingredients:
3 tbs olive oil
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves minced garlic
1 green pepper chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 jalapeño pepper minced
1 lb ground sirloin
1lb ground chuck
2 NY strip steaks cut into bite size cubes
2 tbs cumin
1 tbs coriander
2 tbs hot chipotle chili power
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs basil
1 pint Guinness stout
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 oz Baker semi-sweet chocolate
3 -14 oz cans dice tomatoes with green chilies
3- 14oz cans black beans

Sauté onions, garlic, peppers in olive oil, add steak and ground beef stir until all have browned. Add all spices mix into meat add Guinness and the rest of the ingredients simmer for an hour and serve with grated cheese and sour cream.
Algol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Van, Darling, this topic is genius!
I love to cook and am always excited to try new recipes.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola
Van, Darling, this topic is genius!
I love to cook and am always excited to try new recipes.

Yaaaaahoooooo! me too!!!

Bon Appetite!!

Van
xo
Lurker
0 likes
Carrot Soup

4 or 5 carrots (large) peeled and sliced
1 smaller red pepper cut up (you can have this roasted first - depends on your taste)
1 small or 1/2 medium red onion sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
basil, parsley
1/4 cup of either butter or margarine
3 cups of broth (I use chicken broth)

* melt butter in a good size pot
* add sliced carrots, garlic and spices ~ sautee for about 10 minutes
* add red peppers
* add the broth
* cook on medium heat (so it will be hot - not boiling!) cooking the carrots in the liquid

When carrots are cooked (meaning not firm), cool a bit before pouring into a blender and puree. Be sure to blend until it is smooth ....

Reheat until hot, and garnish in bowl with perhaps a dallop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheese, or maybe a couple of croutons ....

This will keep in the fridge for at least 3 days, but rarely is there any left over!

Bon Appetite!!

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Leftovers make great sandwiches... One of these days I want to cook this in the smoker with apple wood...

Good Eats Meatloaf

Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown

Cook Time:45 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients

6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, peeled and broken
3 whole cloves garlic
1/2 red bell pepper
18 ounces ground chuck
18 ounces ground sirloin
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg

For the glaze:
1/2 cup catsup
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon honey
Directions
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl. Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed. Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture. Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt. Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.

Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf. Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray. Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.

Combine the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey. Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.

Algol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not a good cook
but wanted to post something here ...
a recipe for cooks and non cooks alike ......

Recipe for Love

Ingredients

2 Hearts Full of Love
2 Heaping Cups of Kindness
2 Armfuls of Gentleness
2 Cups of Friendship
2 Cups of Joy
2 Big Hearts Full of Forgiveness
1 Lifetime of Togetherness
2 Minds Full of Tenderness

Method

Stir daily with Happiness, Humor and Patience.
Serve with Warmth and Compassion, Respect and Loyalty.

Another Recipe for Love

Ingredients

1/2 a cup of Affection
A pinch of cuddles
3 tablespoons of pure sweetness
A great big kiss

Method

Dim the lights then mix them very slowly together
Lurker
0 likes
thank you Scarlet! just what we needed!!

Van
Lurker
0 likes
I want that stuffed chicken recipe, Van. It looks great.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
I want that stuffed chicken recipe, Van. It looks great.

I am to please!!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 6 slices Swiss cheese
* 4 slices cooked ham
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Lurker
0 likes
Giving SweetSexyThing a Big Applause That recipe of yours was great. My fire 'brothers' and I just went wild on it. Thank You

Blue Ribbon Tested

Did this recipe last summer. It's a BBQ dish. All I can say is, DAMN!!!! Was it ever so good.

Charcoal-Grilled Meatloaf

Recipe comes to you from: The Redneck Grill Jeff Foxworthy

2 pounds ground beef (used venison)
1 egg. beaten
1 onion, finely chopped (used large onion)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown, sugar (optional)
1/2 cup cracker crumbs or bread crumbs
2 tsp. prepared mustard (used brown spicy mustard)

SAUCE:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp. prepared mustard
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. water

1. For the meatloaf, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cracker crumbs, and 2 teaspoons prepared mustard in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Pack into a loaf pan. Place the loaf pan on a prepared grill.

3. Grill for 15 minutes.

4. For the sauce, combine 1/4 ketchup, 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and the water in a bowl.

5. Place a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the grill. Remove the meatloaf from the pan and place it on the foil. Grill for 10 minutes longer, basting with the sauce.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Matriarch
0 likes
Guinness Chili - I've made steak and guinness pie before, I bet that tastes good Algol.

I'm trying this tonight, but with Pork instead. I saw it on Masterchef and it looked delicious and easy to do, plus I can use the Sage from my garden

500g veal or pork loin, sliced into 4 escalopes
20 sage leaves
4 slices of prosciutto
plain flour, for dusting
2 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 tbs baby capers, rinsed and drained
40g unsalted butter
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
¼ cup white wine
handful of baby spinach
lemon cheeks, to serve
extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling

Step 1: Place veal slices between two sheets of cling wrap and carefully pound with meat mallet to about 8mm thick.

Step 2: Press 2 sage leaves onto each veal piece. Lay prosciutto slices onto a clean work surface and place veal, sage-side down onto each slice of prosciutto (ensuring the sage is wrapped under prosciutto).

Step 3: Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Add wrapped veal pieces to the flour and toss to coat, shaking off any excess.

Step 4: Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add veal to the pan, sage- side down, then add the garlic, capers and butter. Once the butter is foaming add the cherry tomatoes and turn the veal over to cook for a further minute. Add remaining sage to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until cherry tomatoes start to soften. Remove veal from the pan, set aside and keep warm.

Step 5: Add white wine to the pan. Using a fork, carefully squash half the tomatoes into the sauce. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Season to taste.

Step 6: Spoon sauce with the squashed tomatoes onto serving plate, top with saltimbocca veal and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with lemon cheeks.

Serves 4
Lurker
0 likes
EXCELLENT THREAD VAN!!!!! Sounds like some good eats guys and gals gonna have to try your chili Al sounds yummy.
Matriarch
0 likes
This thread deserves a sticky

Talking of sticky - courtesy of Mr Oliver: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/sticky-toffee-pudding

• 225g fresh dates, stoned
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 85g unsalted softened butter
• 170g caster sugar
• 2 large free-range eggs
• 170g self-raising flour
• ¼ teaspoon ground mixed spice
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons Ovaltine
• 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt

for the toffee sauce
• 115g unsalted butter
• 115g light muscovado sugar
• 140ml double cream

dessert recipes | serves 8

You are going to love this pudding – it has a rich, fantastic flavour and the sauce is amazing. Fresh Medjool dates are best to use, but dried ones work well too.

Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Put the dates in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda and cover with 200ml/7fl oz of boiling water. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes to soften, then drain. Whiz the dates in a food processor until you have a purée. Meanwhile, cream your butter and sugar until pale using a wooden spoon, and add the eggs, flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and Ovaltine. Mix together well, then fold in the yoghurt and your puréed dates. Pour into a buttered, ovenproof dish and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.

While the pudding is cooking, make the toffee sauce by putting the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened and darkened in colour. To serve, spoon out the pudding at the table and pour over the toffee sauce.
Lurker
0 likes
As BBQ season is finally upon us (Yahoo!!) ... many just pick up store bought barbeque sauce. Well, there are hundreds of "homemade" recipes. And nothing is better than homemade - you know what is going into it!! This one can be made spicier or milder. Cook it up and use it liberally!!

Archie's BBQ Sauce

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup of worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar (or 1/2 cup if you like a sweeter sauce)
1 1/2 cup of ketchup
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of dried mustard
1 teaspoon of chili pepper powder
pepper

*Combine in sauce pan, stirring until blended over medium heat. Turn to low, allowing the garlic to heat and release its flavour. If you have left overs, cool before putting in the fridge. Use up in a week.

* if you want it more chunky - chop up some fresh ripe tomatoes ... and go wild!

Van

Lurker
0 likes
Congratulations Van

You got a Forum Sticky

Lurker
0 likes
Now, is somebody craving for some vegan recipes?
.. ..just asking.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by She
Now, is somebody craving for some vegan recipes?
.. ..just asking.

always .... please share, She .....

Van
Lurker
0 likes
Gordon Ramsay's Bang Bang Chicken

I've made this many times, and used grilled chicken.

1 baby gem lettuce, washed /
4 smoked chicken breasts, thickly sliced /
1 carrot, peeled and julienned /
3 spring onions, trimmed and julienned /
1 red onion, peeled and julienned /'
4 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted

SAUCE
250g smooth peanut butter /
5 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce /
5 tablespoons sesame oil /
6 tablespoons vegetable oil

Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a heatproof bowl and warm them gently over simmering water in a saucepan or bain-marie (see page 244). This should only take a matter of minutes. Meanwhile, separate the baby gem lettuce leaves and lay them on a large plate with the chicken slices over the top. Scatter the julienned vegetables round the chicken and spoon over the warm sauce. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately, letting everyone help themselves.
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
JACK DANIEL’S BBQ SAUCE

½ large onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 cups ketchup
1/3 cup vinegar
¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup molasses
½ tsp pepper
½ tbsp salt
¼ cup tomato paste
½ tsp hot sauce
Jack Daniel’s Whiskey approximately 1 cup

Combine onion, garlic and ¼ cup of the whiskey in a 3 qt saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic till translucent (do not brown), about 10 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients (reserving about ¼ cup of whiskey) and bring to a boil. Add remaining whiskey and turn the heat to med/low and simmer uncovered until the sauce has reduced and thickened about 30 min to 1 hour.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope my recipe is welcome here... smile
It's just a simple one. Not so special.

=String Beans (Sitaw) in Sauce=

1/2 Cup of water
1 Bundle of String Beans (chopped)
1/4 Chicken (any parts)
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 tbsp of chopped garlic
1 chopped onion (1 bulb)
1 and a half cup of mushroom soup (blended according to your taste)

-Put the chicken in the pan, place the cover let it be fried with its own melted fats.
-After frying, separate the chicken meat with the bones.
-Melt the butter in the pan, put the chopped onion and garlic.
-Saute until garlic is in golden brown.
-Put the chicken strips and the bones and pour 1/2 cup of water, let it simmer.
-Remove the bones from the pan.
-Put the string beans, don't over cook.
-Lastly put the mushroom soup, saute and let it simmer for 2 minutes, make sure the beans won't be over
cooked.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
CACHUPA RICA

4 c. samp (hominy)
1 c. kidney beans
1 c. large lima beans
1/2 c. shell beans
whole chicken
2 lbs. spareribs (pork or beef)
1 lb. chourico (garlic spicy sausage), sliced (Portuguese Sausage)
3/4 lb. blood sausage, when avallable, sliced (optional)
1/4 lb. lean bacon, diced
2 lbs. cabbage, chopped coarsely
2 lbs. tomatoes, quartered
2 lbs. green bananas, peeled and sliced
2 lbs. fresh yams, peeled and chunked
2 lbs. fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
2 lbs. hard winter squash, peeled and chunked (e.g. buttercup, butternut, hubbard etc.)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 bay leaves
Flat leaf coriander

Soak the samp and beans overnight. In a stock pot, heat six cups of water. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaf to water for seasoning. Bring to boil and add samp and beans. In a separate kettle, cook the vegetables except the tomatoes with the spareribs, chourico or linguica, blood sausage, and bacon. Next, cut up and season the chicken. Saute chicken in olive oil. Add tomatoes, and let simmer until samp and beans are almost folk tender but not quite done.

Add cooked vegetables and meats into stock pot. Cook on low heat for approximately one hour. About 20 minutes before the cachupa is done you may mix in well sauted onion, garlic and tomato paste mixture (sofrito) to adjust and enhance the flavor.

Turn off heat and let sit in the covered pot for at least one half hour before serving. Arrange meats and vegetables on a large serving platter and serve the corn and beans in a bowl.
Lurker
0 likes
wow ... I love these recipes!!! keep them coming in!!

now I have ideas for my weekend cooking!!! (Rocco's Bang Bang for Saturday's dinner!)

yes!

Van