scarletblue
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 11:16:06 PM

Jillicious wrote:
Gordon Ramsey's Fucking Omelette

evil4

Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:30:13 PM

Greek Salad:

2 Cucumbers
2 Tomatoes (depending on type, if smaller ones (use 3 – 4)
Quarter cup: Oil (Olive oil, different types, I usually use he thickest one)
Red Wine Vinegar: only a cap full.
Feta Cheese (Stores may have this in clear container/ or in white cylindrical container, one block is good enough)
1 Red Onion
Pepper 1 teaspoon
Oregano 2 teaspoons (use the powder oregano, the chopped kind usually has no taste)

*** Do not add salt, the feta cheese is salty enough
*** You can also add lettuce if you like (half a head usually does the trick)

Slice up your tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion (large wedges will help soak up the oil and salt from the Feta), take the block of Feta and crumble it onto the cut veggies, sprinkle in your seasonings ,drop the olive oil in along with vinegar, if possible have the mixture in a bowl that you can close, when you have everything in, close the bowl and shake it up a couple of times to get oil and cheese to mix with veggies.

If you are able to get Pita bread, good to take the bread, slap a little Olive oil on one side of the bread and put it in the oven on 350 for about 5 – 8 minutes, or until the bread becomes golden brown, and a little crispy.
When the veggies are all done, you will have a mix of oil and feta cheese at the bottom, that’s when the pita bread comes in.
inepa
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:48:04 PM

How do you cook two eggs and a sausage??
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:49:29 PM

Lamb Shanks and Orzo:
2 Lamb shanks
1 Bag of Orzo, small to medium sized, not too big
2 Green Peppers
2 Red Peppers
2 onions
7 – 8 Bay leaves
2 small cans of tomoato paste
1 can/jar of any type of foreign paste in the store you are in. Nothing light, you want one with cumin/basil base.
Oregano
Pepper
Salt
Oil (Olive Oil preferably)
Roasting pan large enough to hold the shanks and the orzo in one pan

Boil the lamb shanks on high. Remove the residue that comes to the top and also stir the shanks so residue is allowed to come to the top.
While that is boiling cut up the onions and peppers into long strips and drop into a frying pan with oil.
Shake some pepper, salt and oregano into the mix until you can smell it.
Only cook this on high for about two minutes and then turn off and let set.
Once there is no more residue in the boiling pot, remove the shanks and put to the side, DO NOT THROUGH OUT THE WATER YOU COOKED THE SHANKS IN.
Cover the shanks in the paste you prefer, not the tomato paste.
Take the veggies you cooked and put into roasting pan, put in the bag of Orzo, throw in all the bay leaves, and then pour the water you cooked the shanks in, into the roasting pan. Add some extra oil, and seasonings.
While you mix up the ingredients in the pan, also add in the tomato paste so that you get a nice red hue to the mix, make sure evenly mixed.
Place the shanks in the pot. Set the shanks into the bottom of the pan and stir the rest all around the meat. The water should cover the shanks half way, if not add more so the Orzo does not stick, and you can always add more water as the Orzo fills the pan.
Place in the oven on 375 – 425 until the orzo has cooked while turning the shanks and mixing all ingredients during the cooking process. You know its done when the Orzo is nice and fat and the house smells like lamb.

Optional: Take one garlic clove, cut into six small slivers. Score the lamb in three different areas per shank and insert slivers into lamb and coat with paste. Some don't like garlic so this part is optional.
CLSW
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:13:20 AM

I hope you enjoy.
I dont know what it is called

1 pkg of 4 italian sasuage (I used chicken sausage)
1 onion
2 large cans of Red Kidney Beans
1/2 tbls minced garlic
salt and pepper

White Rice cook seperate and cover
Brown sasuagewith onion then slice in 1 inch slices
pour 2 cans of kidney beans into crock pot
add sausge and onion to mixture
add galic, salt and pepper

Ket cook on high for 1 hr
Set on low for 2-4 hrs
serve over rice

I added a can of minced tomatos to mine, it seem to give it more flavor.

Let me know what you think. My aunt gave me this reciepe.

Get on Get in Enjoy the ride
Ravyn
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:03:59 PM

Pita Bread

Serves: 8 servings

Ingredients
• 2 teaspoons active dry yeast, from 1 package
• 1 1/4 cups warm water
• 1 tablespoon agave syrup
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
• 2 tablespoons grape seed oil

Directions

Mix the yeast and the warm water in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in the agave syrup, salt and flour. Mix until well combined.
Add in the oil and mix by hand or in a food processor for 6 to 8 minutes. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 90 minutes in a warm, dry place. Dough should double in size.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and if possible, use a baking stone.

Punch the dough down and divide it into 8 pieces. Roll them into balls, then cover and let rest for 20 minutes to let the dough relax.
Dust a clean work surface with flour, and then roll each ball out to 1/8-inch thick and approximately 6 inches in diameter. Cook on baking stone until puffed and starting to brown about 6 minutes each side. Spritz the oven with water, during baking, to create nice crisp pitas.

tubby1961
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 8:03:37 AM

eiotis123 wrote:
Lamb Shanks and Orzo:
2 Lamb shanks
1 Bag of Orzo, small to medium sized, not too big
2 Green Peppers
2 Red Peppers
2 onions
7 – 8 Bay leaves
2 small cans of tomoato paste
1 can/jar of any type of foreign paste in the store you are in. Nothing light, you want one with cumin/basil base.
Oregano
Pepper
Salt
Oil (Olive Oil preferably)
Roasting pan large enough to hold the shanks and the orzo in one pan

Boil the lamb shanks on high. Remove the residue that comes to the top and also stir the shanks so residue is allowed to come to the top.
While that is boiling cut up the onions and peppers into long strips and drop into a frying pan with oil.
Shake some pepper, salt and oregano into the mix until you can smell it.
Only cook this on high for about two minutes and then turn off and let set.
Once there is no more residue in the boiling pot, remove the shanks and put to the side, DO NOT THROUGH OUT THE WATER YOU COOKED THE SHANKS IN.
Cover the shanks in the paste you prefer, not the tomato paste.
Take the veggies you cooked and put into roasting pan, put in the bag of Orzo, throw in all the bay leaves, and then pour the water you cooked the shanks in, into the roasting pan. Add some extra oil, and seasonings.
While you mix up the ingredients in the pan, also add in the tomato paste so that you get a nice red hue to the mix, make sure evenly mixed.
Place the shanks in the pot. Set the shanks into the bottom of the pan and stir the rest all around the meat. The water should cover the shanks half way, if not add more so the Orzo does not stick, and you can always add more water as the Orzo fills the pan.
Place in the oven on 375 – 425 until the orzo has cooked while turning the shanks and mixing all ingredients during the cooking process. You know its done when the Orzo is nice and fat and the house smells like lamb.

Optional: Take one garlic clove, cut into six small slivers. Score the lamb in three different areas per shank and insert slivers into lamb and coat with paste. Some don't like garlic so this part is optional.

Pardon my ignorance but what is an orzo? This recipe sounds nice by the way.

"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Algol
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:45:39 PM

tubby1961 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but what is an orzo? This recipe sounds nice by the way.

Orzo (pasta), a rice-shaped...Good Stuff eat

Algol

Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:17:12 PM

Hey All, I'm back on the recipe's. Now since it is that time of the year. I came upon these two recipe's for chili & corn bread on Samuel Adams Beer web site this past week. Since I love my chili & my beer, I just had to give them a try. I just got done having this for supper & it will be for lunch tomorrow as well. I must say I was impressed with the chili. And Damn!!!! the corn bread I will do that again & again.
There are more recipes as well on the site so here it is for your culinary enjoyment. www.samueladams.com

Thick & Spicy Chili
Makes 8 servings.
Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
3/4 pound beef sirloin, cubed
1 Bottle Samuel Adams Boston Lager
1(14 ounce) can beef broth
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
3 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
4 fresh hot Chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt, to taste
Chopped scallions and shredded cheese (optional)
Instructions
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Liberally salt chopped sirloin and ground beef, and cook with onions and garlic for 10 minutes, or until the meat is well browned and the onions are tender.

Mix in the diced tomatoes with lager, beef broth, coffee, tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste. Season with brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, coriander and salt. Stir in 2 cans of the beans and hot Chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

Stir in the 2 remaining cans of beans, and simmer for another 30 minutes. Season to taste, top with scallions and cheese, and serve

Pale Ale Corn Bread
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Samuel Adams® Pale Ale or Samuel Adams® Summer Ale
2 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
¾ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
Instructions
Preheat oven at 350. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes
Algol
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:49:27 PM

This is sweet, fast and easy... the trick is to keep cooking until all the liquid is gone and the sugar and cinnamon carmalize on the almonds.

Candied Almonds

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 35 Minutes
Servings: 8

"This recipe requires only sugar, cinnamon, and water to make a sweet coating for almonds."

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups whole almonds

Directions:

1. Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; add the almonds.

Cook and stir the mixture until the liquid evaporates and leaves a syrup-like coating on the almonds. (KEEP COOKING until you see it carmalize in the almonds)

Pour the almonds onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Separate almonds using forks. Allow to cool about 15 minutes. If you can wait that longhello1

Algol

Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:11:05 AM

Here is a Halloween Treat that I can remember doing when I was a kid. I found these recipes on www.101cookbooks.com

Baked Pumpkin Seeds is just like Chili. I have done them plain,salted,buttered,garlic. Try your favorite flavors.

Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
1 egg white
1/4 cup natural cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grained sea salt
1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the egg white, sugar, cayenne and salt. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Drain off any excess egg white (using a strainer) and place seeds in a single layer across a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until seeds are golden. Sprinkle with a bit more sugar and cayenne pepper when they come out of the oven. Taste and season with more salt if needed.

Makes one cup.

Curried Pumpkin Seeds
1 egg white
2 teaspoon curry powder

Preheat oven to 375.

In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the egg white, curry powder and salt. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Drain off any excess egg white (using a strainer) and place seeds in a single layer across a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until seeds are golden. Sprinkle with a bit more curry powder when they come out of the oven. Taste and season with more salt if needed.

Makes one cup.

Black Tea & Butter Pumpkin Seeds
You can use many different types of tea here. I opted for a smoky black one, but you can go for one infused with other flavors, or even tisanes (I have a dried lime tea that I be would be interesting in this recipe). Choose a tea that is fragrant and has a pronounced flavor for best results.

1 teaspoon (black) tea
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375.

Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind the tea into a fine powder. Set aside.

In a medium-sized bowl combine the butter and salt. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Place seeds in a single layer across a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until seeds are golden. Sprinkle with the ground tea. Taste and season with more salt if needed.

Makes one cup.

101 Cookbooks http://www.101cookbooks.com/

myself
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:15:15 PM

this is not mine but it was very good

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

Yield: Makes 6 servings
Ingredients

* 1 large onion, chopped and divided (about 2 cups)
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
* 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
* 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup dry red wine
* 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth

Preparation

Sauté half of chopped onion in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and let cool.

Combine onion mixture, beef, next 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 6 patties.

Cook patties in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. (Do not cook until done.) Remove patties and set aside.

Add remaining half of chopped onion to drippings in skillet, and sauté over medium heat until tender; add mushrooms, and sauté 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute; whisk in wine, broth, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.

Place patties in a lightly greased baking dish; top evenly with gravy.

Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.

Note: To reheat, bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

Instead of whisking in the flour, I browned the flour in the steak fat after removing the patties. Cooking the flour to a nice dark brown and then adding remaining onion and then mushroom to the roux until cooked and then adding broth a little at a time while stirring makes a very nice dark gravy to pour over the steaks. Don't forget to add the remaining salt and pepper. : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
ghost_shadow
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:38:40 AM

homemade body oil that is eatable
1 ounce lite virgin olive oil
1/4 -1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2-3 drops of vanilla extract

mix all in a small bottle or bowl.
the favor is mild. a little goes a long way.
optional: add 1 pack of equal or a sweetener u like.
i haven't tried honey yet in this mixure but it sounds yummy.
good luck i hope u enjoy.

It takes a woman who doesn't know the word 'no' to conquer a man with a heart of stone.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 4:30:47 PM

Shrimp Encrusted Tilapia

I just made this tonight and it came out fucking awesome! The tilapia fillets were average sized, and the shrimp I used was around 51-60 per pound, if I recall. Larger or smaller shrimp probably won't make much of a difference.

Ingredients:

Tilipia fillets
Smallish Shrimp
Butter
Olive Oil
Alfredo Sauce
Salt, pepper, garlic
Cajun Seasoning
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 425F.
Make sure the fish is thawed out, and pat dry.
Thoroughly coat the fish in olive oil.
Place them in an oiled baking pan, and top with salt, pepper, and your favorite Cajun seasonings.
Bake for 8-10 minutes (until the fish just starts to get white and flaky).

While the fish is baking, make your Alfredo sauce ready.

Also while the fish is baking, toss the shrimp in a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Saute the seasoned shrimp in melted butter to your desired degree of doneness.

Take the fish from the oven.
Sprinkle several shrimp over each fillet.
Spoon some Alfredo sauce over the shrimp and fish.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Place back into the oven and broil for five minutes, or until the toppings start to brown.

Serve with pasta, garlic bread, your favorite steamed veggies, and a crisp, chilled Chardonnay.eat

SilverArdorDragon
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:52:10 AM

Chicken Tamale Soup

2-3 cups cooked, shredded/chopped, chicken
25 cups water, divided
9 Knorr chicken & tomato bouillon cubes
8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
8 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons, chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
2 cups tomato juice (optional)
2-3 cups cornmeal
1 can black olives, sliced

1. In large soup pot add 14 cups of water, raw chicken, 8 bouillon cubes, garlic, onion, 8 tablespoons chili powder, cumin and tomato juice.
2. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook till chicken is done.
3. Remove chicken from broth and let cool.

A. In small sauce pan add 1 cup of water, 2 teaspoons of chili powder and 1 bouillon cube and bring to a boil.
B. While stirring add in corn meal to make a thick dough.

1. Shred/chop cooled chicken and add back into broth.
2. Add 8 cups of water to broth and bring to a rolling boil.
3. Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop add balls of corn meal dough to boiling soup.
4. Add last 2 cups of water, if needed, and simmer for 30 -45 minutes.

Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or avocado.
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:54:50 AM

Roasted garlic Alfredo.

Slice the top off of three to four whole garlic cloves. Place in a foil "boat" with the cut side up and drizzle with olive oil. Put them in your oven on medium until they are brown on top and soft enough to just slide out with a small knife. Remove all the roasted garlic and set aside.

Sautee a finely chopped shallot in plenty of butter over medium heat until they are really soft. Add the garlic in and break it up a bit.

Add two cups or so of cream and salt and pepper to taste. White pepper to keep it looking pretty.

Cook your favorite pasta. Make sure it's not something too small like angel hair, mini shells or something like that. Fettuccine is the best obviously but I like it with medium sized tubes as well.

Once the pasta is cooked, strain it and combine it with the sauce. Add about two cups of grated parmesiano reggiano.. Or less if you don't want it too strong.

Stir it together and you have some great rainy day comfort food.

Pair with chardonnay or whatever your favorite white wine is.

Add frozen peas, some cooked prescuitto and your favorite mushrooms to make it extra good.

Iszofia
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:02:34 PM

Tarragon Tomato Soup with Olive Oil Croutons

For you Lushies living in the northern hemisphere, we practically lived on this throughout winter :)

Ingredients:

2 small onions or 1 large onion (depends how oniony you want it)
2-4 garlic cloves (again depends how garlicky you want it)
1.5kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
2-4 cups salt reduced stock (I use vegetable stock, 1-2 cups to keep it a thicker consistency)
1 bunch tarragon, roughly chopped and extra to serve (use basil, if you can't get tarragon, goes just as well)
1x lemon- grated lemon rind
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
200g ciabatta or french stick or any crusty bread
250g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped to serve

Method:
1. Cook onion first over medium heat until soften then add garlic. Add tomatoes and cooked until collapsed.

2. Add lemon rind, chilli, tarragon and stock, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, bring to the boil and then gently simmer for 30mins, until it reduces slightly.

3. Let the soup rest and preheat oven to 180C fan. roughly tear up bread into small pieces, toss generously in olive oil. Bake until golden. I usually toast the remaining bread as larger pieces to mopped the rest of the soup up.

4. Blend the soup, with a hand held bender. I usually semi- blend it in the pot, leaving some chunky tomato pieces.

5. Ladle soups into bowls. Season and top with croutons, cherry tomatoes and extra tarragon and splash of extra virgin olive oil.

Tastes better the next day. Enjoy! :)

Iszofia
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:39:37 PM

Chicken Piccata with Mashed Potato

Serves 4, Halve it, Super Easy

Ingredients:

4x chicken breast fillets
1/4 cup plain flour
30g unsalted butter, plus 20g extra
1/3 (80ml) cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
1/3 (80ml) lemon juice
1/2 cup (125ml) salt reduced chicken stock
1/4 cup capers rinsed and drained
1/3 flat leaf parsley, chopped

Creamy Mashed Potato
750g desiree potatoes (or many potatoes suitable for mashing)
butter
hot milk

Method:
1. Boil potatoes, mash and beat in butter and hot milk until light and fluffy.

2. Cut chicken fillets in half crossways to make 8 thin pieces. Season flour with salt and freshly ground pepper. Dust chicken in flour, shake off any excess.

3. Heat butter and 2tbs olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining butter and oil as needed, until brown.

4. Increase heat to high. Add lemon juice, stock and capers into pan and cook until mixture slightly thickens.

5. Return chicken to pan and reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to plate.

6. Add extra butter to sauce, whisk until combined, add parsley and then pour over chicken. Serve.

Tip: Piccata refers to a style of cooking in which meat (veal is popular) or fish is sliced, seared and served in a lemon and butter sauce.

Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:37:17 PM

Minister's Delight

1 can (21 oz.) cherry or apple pie filling
1 pkg. (18 1/4 oz) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Place pie filling in slow cooker.
Combine cake mix and butter. Sprinkle over filling.
Sprinkle nuts on top.
Cover and cook 2-3 hours on low.

Serve in bowls or plain or topped with ice cream or cool whip.

My suggestions:
use 2 cans of any flavor pie filling and any type of nuts that you think would go well with this.

I did the apple pie filling and to me it was like an apple crisp.
Iszofia
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:32:51 PM

Hazlenut & Olive Oil Cake

Super Easy :)

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 (185ml) extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp Frangelico- (if you don't have the alcohol/don't like it substitute with 1-1 1/2Tbsp vanilla essence, and add slightly more olive oil)
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
finely grated rind of 1 lemon or orange (I've only tried it with lemon rind, so far)
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
pure icing to dust (optional)
thick cream or good quality vanilla icecream to serve (optional)

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Grease with olive oil and line base of 20cm springform tin.

2. Beat eggs & sugar until thick and pale. Add oil and frangelico/vanilla essence. Beat until just combined.

3. Sift flour & baking powder into egg mixture. Add hazelnut meal and orange or lemon rind. Use a large spoon to fold in mixture until just combined.

4. Spoon mixture into tin. Scatter over chopped hazelnuts. Bake for 45mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.

5. Cool in pan. Transfer to serving plate, dust with icing sugar, serve with cream/ ice cream or your favourite tea!

:D

Tip: Using olive oil instead of butter gives a more dense result and faint fruity flavour. Olive oil also has less saturated fat than butter, so it's a little bit better for you :D
cherryrebel
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:59:07 AM

Hot beef shish kebab marinade.

Buy the best quality beef you can find (prefferably fillet) and dice into kebab chunks.

Put the Beef in a freezer bag with:
three table spoons of olive oil
the juice of one lemon
two tea spoons of cuminseeds
two tea spoons of corriander
two tea spoons of paprika or red pepper
two tea spoons of tumuric
two chopped red chillis
two finely chopped cloves of garlic

mix in the bag and leave in the fridge overnight.

Skewer on kebab sticks with cherry tomatos and red peppers and grill for however long you like your meat cooked.

deeeee-lish
rxtales
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:39:06 AM

Any vegetarian recipes that use pomegranate molasses?

I was thinking something with Aubergine and goats cheese may be nice...
LusciousLola
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:31:19 AM

Now I have seen everything.
myself
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:50:16 AM

Dontholien
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:31:06 PM

Tonights tea - easy carbonara

This is the recipie, simple yet yummy. I always add mushrooms and spinach if i have them in the fridge and serve with garlic bread Drool

250g spaghetti or taglietteli
butter
1 shallot , finely chopped
2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
6 rashers of chopped streaky bacon
2 eggs
142ml carton single cream
25g Parmesan , finely grated

1.Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan and cook the shallot, garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden. Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the Parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.

2.Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, off the heat (make sure it IS off the heat or you will cook and scramble the eggs). Add the shallot and egg mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated. Divide between two bowls then scatter the rest of the Parmesan over, with a grinding of black pepper to serve.
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:39:09 PM

BUFFALO CHICKEN WING DIP
4 chicken breasts (or any kind of boneless chicken meat)
1 bottle blue cheese sauce
1 package cream cheese
1 small bottle Frank's hot sauce (or any other hot sauce)
shredded mozzarella cheese
Boil (or simmer) chicken in water (or optionally, chicken broth) for 30 minutes or until cooked.
Heat oven to 425°F.

In an oven safe dish, spread cream cheese along the bottom. Shred chicken into a separate bowl. Add blue cheese sauce and hot sauce (depending on how hot you'd like it).

Spread chicken mixture over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella (too much cheese will make it hard for dipping).

Cook for 20 minutes or until cheeses becomes bubbly.

Serve with chips or anything that you think goes well!

This stuff is amazing!!! It's always good to bring to parties and such.
tubby1961
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 5:26:10 PM

This is an easy and yummy meal I made yesterday for my New Years Day visitors. I'm sure you will also like it if you try it.

MEATY DROVER'S SCONE

SCONE DOUGH
120g (4oz) self raising flour
120g (4oz) wholemeal s r flour
30g (1 oz) margarine
water
FILLING
360g (13oz) lean minced beef
1 egg
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
1/2 cup carrot, finely diced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp beef stock powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
40g (11/2oz) parmesan cheese, finely grated

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Coat a 20cm (8 inch) cake tin with cooking spray.
2. Reserve 1 tbs flour. Sift remaining flour into a bowl, returning husks to bowl. Rub in margarine and mix in sufficient water to form a soft dough.
3. Divide dough into two. Roll out one piece of dough on lightly floured board to fit base of cake tin.
4. Combine mince, egg, onion, celery, carrot, tomato sauce, stock powder and herbs. Place filling in a mound on pastry base leaving a 2cm (almost inch) gap around the edge.
5. Roll second piece of dough slightly larger than base of tin. Brush around the edges of the pastry base with water. Cover filling with second piece of pastry, pressing in place around the edges.
6. Sprinkle top with parmesan. Bake for 1 hour or untill filling is cooked.

The above serves 6.

"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
myself
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:25:48 PM

Great Grandma Gracie's Chop Suey

2 1/2 pounds Round -chopped into bite size

1 med onion sliced thin and quartered

2 c flour

salt, black pepper, granulated garlic

oil

larger paper bag

1 can beef broth

water-

Heat oil in large heavy pot -Put flour in bag add meat and coat well -Place meat and onion in hot oil -Add salt, pepper and garlic and brown completely, the darker the better (you will have to add additional oil as the meat browns- turn only as needed and use metal spatula to scrape the browned flour from the pan, mixing into dish )

-Add broth and separate meat pieces -Add about the same amount of water and mix well (you're looking for a thick gravy texture at this stage)`-Heat through and simmer on low until meat is tender, can take a couple of hours (the thick mixture will burn easily so cook on low and scrape pot periodically) You want a thick texture now because when you add the veggies it thins the dish -Add extra water only if needed

When meat is tender -add to pot-

1- 5.25 oz jar Bead Molasses

1/4 c soy sauce

Heat through on low-and then add

1 sm can of sliced water chestnuts drained

1 med can bean sprouts rinsed well or 2 c fresh washed

2 stalks celery chopped not to thin

Place sprouts, chestnuts and celery on top evenly and cover pot with out stirring so veggies will heat through with out softening to much.

Serve over rice and top with toasted chow mien noodles (toast under broiler for just a moment they will burn quickly)

I believe 'Bead Molasses' is a grade and not a brand of molasses but not sure -this is the secret ingredient : ) it gives sweetness which mixes well with the soy sauce and makes a pretty dark colored suey.

YUM YUM : )

Dudealicious
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:40:08 PM

Thanks man high five sounds delicious!! Tomorrow tomorrow I AM going to make this tomorrow!!

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

GemGeekett
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 8:15:37 AM

Nigella's Carbonara

Seeing how I wrote about this....

"http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/that-first-night.aspx

I'm not entirely ripping this off Nigella :) She's more precise then me....

Put a pot of water onto the boil and add salt until it taste like the sea.

Thinly slice two rashers of bacon or panchetta into think strips, ad put them in the largest frying pan you can find.
Turn the heat up to medium, and let the bacon or panchetta fry until it release their juices.

Half a pack of spaghetti into the water for six minutes, just a little before al dente.

In the mean time, beat two eggs, a handful of grated parmasan cheese, a splash of cream.

Pour yourself a glass of white wine, I like reslings or chardonnays, but whatever you have will do, and splash some into the pan with the bacon and you will have the beautiful reduction of bacony goodness.

When your timer goes off for the pasta, drain it (not too well!)and add it to the bacony pan. Keep some of the pasta water! It's Magic!

Take the whole thing OFF THE HEAT, and in a figure 8 motion with tongs or the stirring equpiment of your choseing, add the egg/cheese/cream mixture into the pasta. It will becone this luscious, creamy sauce that will just cling to the pasta. If the sauce threatens to scramble, add some pasta water.

Generously grate black pepper on top.

Take it back to bed with you, or at least curl up on the couch.

In case you're curious, here is Nigella's (and mine!) inspiration...