Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:23:19 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the new mandatory note when sending a friend request. I normally do put a note in, but it's not always needed. Much prefer having the choice to do so.

Hey LM, I actually like this being mandatory. Personally, it's an aid to me as to whether to accept or not. You wouldn't believe some of the things written to me since it became mandatory. Wait.... you prolly would. It makes the decision to decline much easier. If i get an introduction saying "Hi baby, ur so hot, I'd luv 2 b frendz and have sum sexy chats wid chu", I know instantly this person is not going to be my type of friend. Oh, and that's one of the tame ones :)
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:35:12 PM

Jinxy wrote:
I'm not sure if this should go here, but I think it would be cool if there was a forum for anyone to suggest someone who might deserve a recommended read. Then the mod's" can decide if they agree, because I think a lot of work goes unnoticed, ones that deserve attention. :) I don't mean people going and suggesting their own either, that is a lame attempt at getting one. I mean truly picking someone who they think deserve one.

As far as I know, it'd be impossible for a story to go unnoticed by mods being that it has to be approved by mods...and it's selected as a recommended read from there. Hope this helps.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Jinxy
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:53:39 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

As far as I know, it'd be impossible for a story to go unnoticed by mods being that it has to be approved by mods...and it's selected as a recommended read from there. Hope this helps.

I mean old ones, like old old ones. I can't see them going through every story ever written ever since Lush happened to go thru em, so maybe they missed some? thats why just anyone can suggest it, and the mods can look at it, and see if they agree or not. It also gets others involved, which I think on a site like this, it should be like that.

†Jinxy Approved†

BlondeBookworm
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:00:37 PM

I think it would be cool if when you go to Customize Your Profile under Settings, you could select more than one image from your albums like maybe four or so, and then have them tile, rather than just one. Just a random thought I had today Think
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:04:16 PM

It would be cool if we could silence a friend for like a day or something. You can hit the silence button and they get a reply back when they message you that says, "you have been silenced for 24 hours and you do not want to be heard right now."

That would be cool.

BlondeBookworm
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:07:38 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
It would be cool if we could silence a friend for like a day or something. You can hit the silence button and they get a reply back when they message you that says, "you have been silenced for 24 hours and you do not want to be heard right now."

That would be cool.

That's not a bad idea. laughing9
Coco
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:16:23 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

That would be cool.

You know, we're cool and all but I think you'd be seeing that damn message as much as any other lushie. laughing9

sprite
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:01:43 PM

cocokisses wrote:

You know, we're cool and all but I think you'd be seeing that damn message as much as any other lushie. laughing9

we can call it the Magical Felix setting :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Coco
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:58:33 PM

sprite wrote:

we can call it the Magical Felix setting :)

laughing6 thumbright

sprite
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:04:31 PM

Jinxy wrote:

I mean old ones, like old old ones. I can't see them going through every story ever written ever since Lush happened to go thru em, so maybe they missed some? thats why just anyone can suggest it, and the mods can look at it, and see if they agree or not. It also gets others involved, which I think on a site like this, it should be like that.

i actually go thru older stories from time to time, ones that sort of caught my attention the first time and tag them as RRs - i'm fairly confident many of the other mods do too - do we catch them all? no, or at least not yet. while it's a good idea, the Cons i see to doing it this way is that i could easily become a popularity contest instead of a what truly good contest. also, take into account that we're not going to always agree with you and that we STILL have to read the story proposed in order to give it an RR - i'm not sure i want to put that much extra work on my mods, to be honest :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:29:35 PM

Autumn17 wrote:

That's not a bad idea. laughing9

Thanks, I don't think it's a bad idea at all either.

Don't listen to those two harpies that posted after you. They know I'd silence them in a heartbeat. I wish I could right now actually.

Jinxy
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:56:04 AM

sprite wrote:

i actually go thru older stories from time to time, ones that sort of caught my attention the first time and tag them as RRs - i'm fairly confident many of the other mods do too - do we catch them all? no, or at least not yet. while it's a good idea, the Cons i see to doing it this way is that i could easily become a popularity contest instead of a what truly good contest. also, take into account that we're not going to always agree with you and that we STILL have to read the story proposed in order to give it an RR - i'm not sure i want to put that much extra work on my mods, to be honest :)

ok i thought it be a good idea. :) but no dont want extra work for the mods, cos i know they do so much already. :) i guess thats why i thought it would be a good idea for us ppl to do it. so we could be like hey check this out. :) i did think it might be a popularity contest that is the biggest downfall on my idea. thanks for answerin me :)

†Jinxy Approved†

Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:13:27 PM

Okay, you know how we can hide images people post on their blogs? Which helps hide on our profiles, but also on our friends list (The one with the little blue people on top right side), is it possible to have the same option for videos as well? I'd really like to be able to turn those off. It doesn't come up on my profile, but it does come up on my friends list, and it makes it lag, and takes ages to load. Please?

Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:00:06 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

That would be cool.

Lfunny

Strangerlyd
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:24:53 AM

Would like to comment on my friends there and then, when they "says" something, now you have to go into there Profile, and post on there wall.

Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:35:32 PM

Can we have a badge whore badge for people who collect all the badges?
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:10:54 PM

GingerKitty wrote:
Can we have a badge whore badge for people who collect all the badges?

That's kind of impossible as some badges are novelty badges, like the Potato Badge or the Matriarch badge. So this would only work if novelty badges didn't count. It's not a bad idea, though.

Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:58:44 PM

Still waiting for someone to say something about my last idea...

Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:58:30 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

That's kind of impossible as some badges are novelty badges, like the Potato Badge or the Matriarch badge. So this would only work if novelty badges didn't count. It's not a bad idea, though.

I suppose they could have it so that if one collected a certain amount of badges, they'd earn it.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:39:01 PM

Poppet wrote:
Still waiting for someone to say something about my last idea...

Which one, the email notifications or showing who scored what?

Email notifications are fairly easy to set up, depending on what you'd like a notification about.

The latter will never happen. We had it that way initially, and people started falling out over it! "Why did you only give me a 3 on my latest story crybaby" etc.

ALL these suggestions get read. Then we ignore them. f-hihi Joking aside, we periodically go through this entire thread, spot common requests, and change the site according, incorporating the best of the ideas, as and when we have time.

Please keep the ideas coming, your collective input is what has lead to the site evolving the way it has. It's an organic process.
Poppet
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:46:18 AM

nicola wrote:
Which one, the email notifications or showing who scored what?

Email notifications are fairly easy to set up, depending on what you'd like a notification about.

The latter will never happen. We had it that way initially, and people started falling out over it! "Why did you only give me a 3 on my latest story crybaby" etc.

ALL these suggestions get read. Then we ignore them. f-hihi Joking aside, we periodically go through this entire thread, spot common requests, and change the site according, incorporating the best of the ideas, as and when we have time.

Please keep the ideas coming, your collective input is what has lead to the site evolving the way it has. It's an organic process.

No, Nicola, this one.

Okay, you know how we can hide images people post on their blogs? Which helps hide on our profiles, but also on our friends list (The one with the little blue people on top right side), is it possible to have the same option for videos as well? I'd really like to be able to turn those off. It doesn't come up on my profile, but it does come up on my friends list, and it makes it lag, and takes ages to load. Please?

Dani
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:37:06 PM

How about a harder block feature? There would be such a reduction in complaint numbers if the block feature extended to the forums. That way, if people quarrel it's because they choose to, leaving it completely out of our hands.

nicola
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:07:16 PM

Poppet wrote:

No, Nicola, this one.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll point Gav in here.
Poppet
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:28:20 PM

nicola wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. I'll point Gav in here.

Thank you! I think it would help with the lag it takes to load the friends list. :)

Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 12:09:45 PM

Being able to order stories is great (even though I neglect it, I know, I'm lazy) but being able to pin, say maybe, three of them to the top, so that they stay there, even when you post a new one, would be quite nice.
Poppet
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 4:09:13 PM

GingerKitty wrote:
Being able to order stories is great (even though I neglect it, I know, I'm lazy) but being able to pin, say maybe, three of them to the top, so that they stay there, even when you post a new one, would be quite nice.

I'd like this idea, for like my recommended reads or if I ever get an EP. Nice idea. I hope it passes!

RumpleForeskin
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 6:04:08 PM

Other than the Lushhweb site becoming, Section 504, compliant (it's a USA thing) what I'd like the most, I mean, besides a Lush lady or two for the weekend, is a choice of displays. A stripped down display, sans AV, sig line, etc. would speed things up a LOT for those with slow computers or internet connection or, ahem, screen readers. Probably more trouble than it'd be worth, but those top my wish list.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
nicola
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:43:19 AM

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Other than the Lushhweb site becoming, Section 504, compliant (it's a USA thing)

Can you send me a brief note on what that would entail please Mr Rumple, I've never heard of it before.
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:27:29 PM

Roger that. Wilco Charlie. You betcha. No problem...well, not much. etc, etc, etc..

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

RumpleForeskin
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:03:00 PM

This will come as a shock to all and/or one, but I goofed. The relevant regulation is, Section 508. (sorry about that) Congress passed something or other that requires all US gov't agencies to make sure their web sites are 100% accessible to all who are hard of seeing. That was about 15 years ago. At last check, over half the gov't web sites sill have areas of non-compliance. Yeah, who'd a'thunk it?

While it does not apply to non-US gov't sites, 508 standards have become something of a world wide measuring stick for voluntary web site accessibility efforts.If f you really, really, really want more info, google 'section 508' or 'WebAIM' and, as always, Wiki has an article on the subject.

glasses8