A question for the older gentlemen.

last reply
98 replies
15.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When you are..."approached" by a younger female, I mean young, but still of legal age, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Do you feel Flattered?
Do you think they're flirting with you because they're gold diggers?
Are you in that cliche' slump of thinking "is this really happening?!" over and over again?
Maybe all the blood in your body flow straight between your legs?
Or do you all think of something completely different?

I'd love to know, just incase I attempt to stray along the mature lines next time I'm on the prowl. ;D
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Please, define "older" and define "gentlemen". smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Older" as in 40+ and gentlemen as in male. ;D
Lurker
0 likes
It depends on the mood...sometimes it is nice and makes you feel good and think about returning the attention...other times it can make you feel so old...I guess it also depends on the who,what,when and where all this takes ....but for me most of the time i just laugh it off thinking she is just teasing or flirting...I have the one I love now and not in a hurry to mess it up even with a sure no one will know quickie
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have a personal preference that because of my moral values i perfer to only be with a woman sexually who is within 15 years of my age. I don't want a woman who is young enough to be my daughter.
I think most other men may disagree with me on that though...
Lurker
0 likes
I'd feel flattered but would also assume she's not seriously into me. If she's too young, then it would be like flirting with my daughter. When I was single, I had the rule of never dating anyone younger than half my age plus seven years. Which means 35 yes would be my cutoff point right now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Eutopia
When you are..."approached" by a younger female, I mean young, but still of legal age, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Do you feel Flattered?
Are you in that cliche' slump of thinking "is this really happening?!" over and over again?

I'd love to know, just incase I attempt to stray along the mature lines next time I'm on the prowl. ;D
As soon as it happens, I'll let you know!
Lurker
0 likes
It would make me wonder why the hell someone who's younger than my daughter is coming on to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Little brain would think, oh yeah, lets get it it on.

Big brain would think, that would be fun, but what the hell would I do with her for the other 23 hours and 45 minutes?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Personally anytime a female approaches or gives attention, it is flattering.Then the other thoughts kick in like, wow love to have that (then that blood flow you spoke of ) followed by, did that happen and why did that happen. And like the rest of them have said, usually take it as a flirt/tease that isnt seriously into me. Even though we know there is probably no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, I still very much enjoy that kind of attention from any legal aged female.
Lurker
0 likes
I guess I would be interested to find out if she is willing to go at my speed....

dinner

dancing

late night stroll

getting to know one another a bit, feeling comfortable, developing some level of honest affection....

While a frenzied, uh, roll always sounds hot in a good Lush story, I would feel soooo cheap!! lol
Lurker
0 likes
I would be flattered, and it would be a big ego boost, if someone alot younger came on to me.

However if she was really gorgeous, deep down i would be wondering "why me" and what was her real reason?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
maybe everyone who has posted has made very fair points but what about seeing past the age thing and just enjoying the fact that here is someone interested in whatever makes you 'you'?
if she feels there's connection worth exploring and possibly developing why not 'go with it'? two people sharing time and space together is not to be taken as anything other than just that
until it is mutually felt and further progress is desirable. altho' i do understand why people have reservations, just go a bit slower than you normally do and enjoy wherever it takes you.
well, that's my opinion. feel free to ignore it! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend to bask in the glow of the flattery and allow the conversation to run its natural course....right up to the point where she tells me her hourly rate
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The last time a gorgeous young woman more than 10 years younger than I, smiled radiantly at me and then plopped herself on my lap, while caressing my nape with her beautifully manicured nails...she was wanting to know if I would like enough lap dances as to empty my automatic teller machine account.

I excitedly agreed, "Fleece me!"

It was the wonderful start of a now 14 year old friendship (sometimes, very intimate).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Perhaps I'm blind, but I can't say that it's ever happened.

OTOH, I'd probably be something like the cliche: at first flattered and then turned on and then wondering if she's only flirting with me because there aren't any younger men around.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by PussPuss
maybe everyone who has posted has made very fair points but what about seeing past the age thing and just enjoying the fact that here is someone interested in whatever makes you 'you'?
if she feels there's connection worth exploring and possibly developing why not 'go with it'? two people sharing time and space together is not to be taken as anything other than just that
until it is mutually felt and further progress is desirable. altho' i do understand why people have reservations, just go a bit slower than you normally do and enjoy wherever it takes you.
well, that's my opinion. feel free to ignore it! smile

This comment makes total sense to me bu this, as in every other aspect of life, we, more seasoned and experienced gentlemen (and ladies) are constantly fighting against ageism.

OK maybe in physical sports, we reach a stage where we can't compete so well as we put on the years but in most acitivites, with age, goes experience and with experience goes learning. We older chaps have already made the mistakes of youth. Of course, we all reach a stage, when we become 'grumpy old men' but that is a very individual thing. Some men could be 70, others are early developers and become grumpy and bigoted shortly after they reach puberty. All women, when seeking a relationship should always look past the surface appearance. With older guys, the six packs may be gone but so has the acne, and the hang-ups of post pubescence.

It is a while since I have been the subject of a much younger ladies attention - she was 18 and I was 22, but if it were ever to happen again, I would like to think that I would be able to deal with it in a mature and sensible way for what it is and put the age thing at the very bottom of the check list. I believe that women actually reach their peak of sexuallity much later in life than men but I would not judge any woman on her age alone. If the chemistry is there - go with it. After all, to paraphrase a basketball coaching colleague - 'if she is good enough, she is old enough!'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would be flattered, but also a bit apprehensive. Just talk for a bit and see where the conversation goes and figure it out from there!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Eutopia

While I agree with your "Older", not all males are "Gentlemen"!!

I've always been attracted to young ladies. If I'm approached, I tend to just be like my daddy taught me. Just go with the flow and see where it leads. It may just be a casual encounter. If it turns to intimacy, I'm always available and ready to go. Your place or mine, Honey.....

Reading Lush Stories!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by iceman
Quote by Eutopia

While I agree with your "Older", not all males are "Gentlemen"!!

I didn't mean Gentlemen as in Gentle Men, I meant like... "Gentlemen's toilet" you find at a resturant. You certainly don't have to me chivalrous to use that!

Reading all these responses has sure been fantastic, can't wait to see if I get more. ;o

Giving a perspective from the younger female, I must say if the tables were flipped and an older male was flirting with me, I would certainly be uncomfortable! Something about my mother alwasy telling "Older men are just a bunch of perverts" stuck with me. xD

But, having it back the other way, me flirting with him, I would feel a lot more comfortable with the situation! I often find myself chatting with older men in a pub, simply because they're not the raging cockheads I find in my own age group. You can acutally have a conversation with them that isn't about something immature and meaningless. If I was ever to approach them in any manner that said "I'd like more" it would purely be in the sense of a relationship.

I think I'd feel odd having a one-night stand with someone old enough to be my father. In a bad way. But approaching them to have a relationship would be fine with me.

Age is relative when it comes to emotional attraction in my case. xD
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My opinion:- age should create no barrier if both parties are comfortable in, and enjoy one another's company.

Makes me smile that you specifically put 40 yrs in the frame here - why not 50 or 60 ? When is 'old' afterall.
Lurker
0 likes
I imagine that any male, be he 20 to 90, would be flattered by any woman coming onto him - but of course; the older the guy, the younger the woman, the bigger the ego ...I suppose. Just take a look at which older men have the younger women on their arms ...and then evaluate their egotistical nature.
Lurker
0 likes
I would go with the flow and enjoy the moment as well as the ego boost.........
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by lonelydad
This comment makes total sense to me bu this, as in every other aspect of life, we, more seasoned and experienced gentlemen (and ladies) are constantly fighting against ageism.

When I was in my late teens through early thirties, I cannot recall ever openly flirting with nor being even mildly interested in women more than 7 years older than myself. I experienced a few older women sexually during my mid to late 20s...but only one (the mother of a younger woman I 'had' been seeing) ever accomplished her goal of seducing me successfully.

The banquet of women in my peer group and (within 10 years younger) was just too plentiful.

Even today - I would much rather spend time with a woman who is within 7 years my age, older or younger. I can and do appreciate gorgeous young flesh, that does not mean that I'm going to pursue those younger women. lol, what's the point?

I might actually catch one and then what do I have to look forward to?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Eutopia

Do you feel Flattered?

All of the above and then call 911.

S
Lurker
0 likes
Young Women are usually very pretty and inquisitive and eager to learn...

For the more thoughtful and sensitive girl, boys of her own age can often be hurried and lacking in understanding...

For older men who enjoy the company of younger women the sexual side of the relationship, while extremely fulfilling, is not always the most beautiful element of the of the deal... The innocence of youth is delightful for those of us who appreciate true beauty...

This can be a lot of fun and very refreshing... The snag occurs when you think that this might last forever, failing to realise that she will at some point take the confidence and ability you've helped her attain and desire to enjoy these skills with other people.... As indeed she should... But it does hurt when it happens...

I've learned to enjoy the moments while not expecting any long-term commitment.... I confess that it has hurt my heart a tiny bit when a younger lover professes undying love AND YOU JUST KNOW the relationship has a "sell-by" date.... They do move on.... The dearies....

That said, the "Older Man-Younger Woman" dynamic DOES benefit both partners IF you really care for her and don't ask for more than she can give, or expect more than she can offer..... And there'll always be another one.... x S
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Age doesn't matter for some, but the difference usually winds up with someone getting hurt. I'm not the jealous type, but typically an older gentleman will always wonder what the younger lady is doing when they are not together. It's the same with older women and younger men. But me personally, I just think if I'm with a young lady, just enjoy it and go with the flow.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Conny-sure
I imagine that any male, be he 20 to 90, would be flattered by any woman coming onto him - but of course; the older the guy, the younger the woman, the bigger the ego ...I suppose. Just take a look at which older men have the younger women on their arms ...and then evaluate their egotistical nature.

There is a "gentleman" that I know who is older than me who proudly dates girls just out of high school (whom he happily explains are just a few years older than his own daughter). I don't know how much the girls are getting out of the relationship, but he's clearly getting his ego stroked. I don't know what their attraction might be towards him, either. He's grossly obese and balding and dresses relatively poorly.

I will admit to a smidgen of jealousy for my part, but I'd also like to know what causes them to be attracted to him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pb69
Quote by Conny-sure

There is a "gentleman" that I know who is older than me who proudly dates girls just out of high school (whom he happily explains are just a few years older than his own daughter). I don't know how much the girls are getting out of the relationship, but he's clearly getting his ego stroked. I don't know what their attraction might be towards him, either. He's grossly obese and balding and dresses relatively poorly.

I will admit to a smidgen of jealousy for my part, but I'd also like to know what causes them to be attracted to him.

Freshly out of High School? I'd say they're driven by money.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When something like that happens, I remember how really great it is to be in love again. I am really flattered and feel really, really alive. It's awesome talking to a young woman (12-18).
I'm not talking about sex or even romantic or flirting talk. I mean just someone coming up to me to ask when the next bus leaves and then we exchange a few comments or questions. We are all human beings and it's nice to be acknowledged once in a while.
Sometimes, just a smile and a soft voice and the scent of a young woman's perfume is enough to send me into orbit for the rest of the day.
I'm not sure what the OP meant by "approached". I'm just talking about casual conversation.