Have you ever felt invisible?

last reply
16 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you ever felt invisible? Do you go out anywhere and your date/mate is rubber necking, walking sideways and gawking at every thing that has a figure (or whatever)? Do people ever get used to it in a lasting relationship?
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't...

But that's because I don't stand for that kind of stuff. If they're checking someone else out, and I catch them - They'll be in trouble! I may be jealous and posessive and all that, but I think I get a better deal than my sister who just puts up with it and it makes her feel miserable, in her lasting relationship.

If you're out with a man, and he can't keep his eyes where they should be (or at least, do it subtly enough for you to not notice) he's not really worth a lasting relationship - because looking is one thing, but rubbernecking and gawking when you're on his arm is another.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm usually the one who gets caught checking out a hot girl who walks by.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Been feeling sorry for my baby, and have come to the conclusion that even though he's always been a looky-lou, I think it's his own insecurities that make him search for female attention and acceptance. He still doesn't know how wonderful he is at almost sixty. I have known him for near 2 yrs and am just getting to understand some things about him.
Even though the rubbernecking etc. makes me uncomfortable, think I'll work hard at making him feel loved.
Funny thing is, show me a man that loves his woman whole heartily in public and that's the one most women are attracted to- funny : )
Lurker
0 likes
I have felt invisible for a long time. My husband is constantly looking and hitting on other women. I don't think it's right. He tells me he can do whatever he wants but I don't dare look at another man. I don't like it and our relationship is pretty much a goner.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think everyone takes notice of, and looks at an attractive female or male... the key is to keep it discreet when you are with your partner, otherwise it's just disrespectful... Well, unless you are both scouting to add a third for a threesome!

The rest of the time, people should keep it discreet. I see women strolling with these kinds of guys all the time, and I feel sorry for them and for the whole situation in general. The female will notice the hot girl first, as though she's a moving target or husband-trap. She'll get that uncomfortable look in her eye, dart a glance at her man who by that time has moved into glassy-eyed ogling. Guys that make it obvious are total jerks in my opinion. If I'm the girl he's looking at, I'll usually scowl back. I just think it's tacky if he's making his woman feel uncomfortable.

I was with a guy like this for a while. He was an insecure narcissist, and needed a lot of attention. Guys like this don't change. And usually this kind of behaviour is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows what his behaviour is like when you're not around...

And even if you have an 'open relationship', there are still rules of respect to follow, in my opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I also try to discourage men from flirting with me when they're with another. Mostly I ignore but have been known to give a look of disgust at a real ass myself Dancing_Doll.

I'm wondering when the men might chime in on this one? The question was for the women but would like to hear from the guys on this.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
When I am with a woman on a 'date' or if involved with her, relationship wise. I have blinders on. I won't even put myself in that situation to be the cause of hurting her feelings in that way.

True story...earlier this late spring, my ladyfriend and I were exiting a grocery one Saturday afternoon with our meal purchase for the evening. As we were walking side-by-side (with me pushing the cart to our vehicle), we both noticed, in front of us...

A svelte 40ish blonde, tanned legs, sandals, white shorts and a t-shirt...walking purposefully to her vehicle about 50 feet in front of us down the same lane between parked cars.

A few seconds after I noticed this older version of possibly a Dancing_Dollesque woman...my friend casually chuckled and remarked, "I used to look like her, didn't I?"

MANTRAP alert

But I heard her sigh after her comment and took the opportunity anyway...I stopped pushing the cart, she stopped after two steps and turned to face me. I walked up and embraced her right there and whispered...

"You still can, again...babe. Before I grill these steaks, let's go home and fuck like mad rabbits, then after dinner...fuck again, shower...then ride our bikes around the neighborhood...not drink any wine tonight...fuck instead, get to bed early and fuck like maniacs in the morning."

A nice kiss ensued...but my suggestion went unheeded upon our return to her home.

She could lose 35 of the 50 pounds she gained since she turned 50, 2 years ago...and she would look a lot like that babe we saw sauntering in front of us. And I'd rather spend my time with her...than someone 'new'.

sigh--
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He's fairly smooth about checking out other women on the sly, and I'm cool with that. If he really wanted to be with another woman, he wouldn't have married me and been a spectacular husband all this time. He's only looking, because he appreciates an attractive woman, and I only look because I appreciate an attractive guy, it's equal, neither one of us feels invisible.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SweetPenny
I'm usually the one who gets caught checking out a hot girl who walks by.

Penny where do you walk love?
Lurker
0 likes
I would expect the woman of Lush to be better prepared to handle their man checking out other woman. What is the harm, he is still coming home to us tonight?

It is a harmless pleasure for men and some woman like Penny and me. Maybe I do not notice his wondering eye, since mine wonder a bit also.

When he sees what else is out there he/she will know how fortunate they are to be with us.

Conceited and over size ego. Where have I heard that before?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dear WHR43, The specialness that you account to yourself is a possession of most grownup people. : ) It is not this that I speak of here.

edit- and you were wondering?
Quote by WHR43
Conceited and over size ego. Where have I heard that before?

As far as I can tell, every time you open your mouth.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I spent the first 20-21 years of my life invisible.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have to apologize on be half of the guys who do that to girls. I dont like guys who do that and I put blinders on as well when I am with my girl. I love her and I am sure she knows that even if I look at others, that I only have eyes for her. She is too beautiful for words and too sexy to for even the most loquacious person to describe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i used to get ignored by hubby as he checked out others , and as someone said they always come home to us . he still looks at women and i love to say to him " u aint got a chance in hell of pulling her " . i now dont mind him window shopping as he calls it but if he buys he goona get returned to the shop for a refund .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Get out now... Don't feel invisible in your own relationship!
"I appreciate this whole seduction thing you've got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing." - Vivian Ward (Julia Roberts) in Pretty Women