Sex protection

last reply
7 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I need some new suggestions for protection but don't want to use the condom or the pill, so what works for you girls that is suitable and you like?????
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmmm...Those are actually the only 2 forms of protection that I do like.

I have tried the foam. That was disgusting and burned both me and my partner.

I have tried a diaphragm. Getting that "sperm trampoline" inside me just completely killed the mood. And I know too many "diaphragm babies."

I have tried the female condom. That feels like you're having sex with a garbage bag.

If it's only pregnancy that you're worried about, then you can read up on the Billings method. That's what I'm using right now and I hope it's working. I'll find out if I don't get my period.

I have some friends who have used an IUD and are happy with it. I, personally, don't like the idea of having something put in my uterus, but many women are happy with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you are solely atfer avoiding pregnancy and have no desire to become a parent in the next ten years I'd suggest an IUD. You should be in a monogamous relationship if you decide to go that route as your chances of infection increase if you are with multiple partners and have an IUD. There are two kinds of IUDs- hormonal (Mirena) and non hormonal (ParaGuard). I have the ParaGuard and have been extremely happy with it. I forget if I've had it three years or two years but regardless I haven't had a pregnancy scare since having it. I like the IUD because it doesn't cause side effects being that it's non hormonal. It's not something that I have to even think about. I am forgetful in taking medication or just get bored with it after a while. Also, its long term "protection" against pregnancy. I don't have to do anything once it's placed and it's long term. Once I am at a point, where I decide to become a parent I won't have to wait for anything to get out of my system before conceiving. It can be removed today and tomorrow I could be pregnant. Of course that's an exageration.
Some doctors will not place an IUD in a woman who has never given birth as the risks increase slightly. The risk is really in the device puncturing your uterus if your body tries to expel it as a result of a smaller uterus. I never had this problem. The pain from insertion is said to be hellacious but for me it only felt like menstrual cramps. Nothing too terrible. I did have bleeding the day of insertion but otherwise I was without any symptoms. You can always check to make sure the device is still there by feeling the little string. If it bothers your partner you can get it trimmed shorter. I had to do that once and since haven't had any problems.

I've also heard great things about charting. It's the best way to know what your body is doing. Although a lot of people use it to conceive it can similarly be used to prevent pregnancy. It involves knowing which cycle day you are on, identifying your fertile days and either having sex those days to conceive or abstaining to avoid. It involved tempting, testing your cervical fluid, etc. If you are interested in that, theres a great book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Fertility Friend is a great website to read up on this method.

If you are looking for STD protection, sadly there's nothing to replace a condom unless you abstain.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Great answer SweetPenny!

Honeybee, if you're more concerned about birth control rather than protection from STDs then the pill is definitely the easiest way to go. I definitely prefer it. If it's the annoyance of remembering to take a pill, you can also go for the deepo provera 3-month shots (my friend did that and preferred it because she didn't have to think about it afterwards).

You're not getting any STD protection unless you're using a condom though, so just make sure you know your partner and feel comfortable with those risks etc.

If you're done with having kids, and you hate the idea of the hormones in birth control pill, then I'd go for the IUD.
Lurker
0 likes
Hmmmmm some great answers I hadn't heard of thanks Girls I knew I could count on you. I would prefere the pill, but I've been a bit concerned at the side effects. I deffo have done with the whole having kid's thing - but then again I change my mind like the weather haha no deffo no more kids LOL
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Cyber sex. I'm told that you can learn a lot about real sex that way.

And, it's 100% safe. Unless your fingers or toys aren't.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
If you are done with having children, then look into having your tubes tied as far as birth control is concerned.

Then depending on your life style and sexual partners, practice safe sex; even if condoms, male or female, are not appealing.

Seriously, is there any other alternative to practicing safe sex, whether it is for preventing unplanned pregnancies or avoiding sexually transmitted diseases?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Au naturel is just fine with me for now. I just had my third baby a little more than a month ago and have plans for at least two more. I frankly prefer sex this way as it is much more spontaneous and the pill has a nasty effect on my libido.