Login

Single mums and dating?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
If you are/were a single mum, how do you approach the whole dating ground? Do you tell him at the first date that you have kids, or you wait a little bit because you think it would "scare" him away?

What about the kids, do you give them talks, like "look, this guy if the new b/f of mum, but you will always be my number one" (or something like that)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I got divorced, my oldest daughter was 12 and my youngest was 8. If I had a BF I would tell him about my girls. If he was not OK with that then he could walk. My girls were the most important thing. And I spoke to my girls once they were old enough to undersatand about it. It was the same with my bisexuality. I made sure they understood that I was attracted to women too and they were and are very cool with it. I have always been very open with my girls and I think it makes for a very healthy family. They have grown into very wonderful young women and I am so proud of them.
Lurker
0 likes
I have always tried to keep my private life, private. I do not expose my children to my "non-mom" side of my life. My home (their home) is completely off-limits. I respect myself and I respect my children.

(so I am not the milf at a bar, and drags home a guy to fuck in my bed and wake up the next morning, saying to my kid as introduction, hey, this is .... what is your name baby?)

With that being stated, I have introduced my children to only 3 bf - all of them, I had thought, may become more than a bf. Each of them were very cool with me having children, and they were pleasantly surprised and pleased when the time came to introduce them to my children, knowing my philosophy of not exposing my children to things they do not need to know.

So ... If I met a man who was not understanding of my life choice(s), it's his loss.

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

I have always tried to keep my private life, private. I do not expose my children to my "non-mom" side of my life. My home (their home) is completely off-limits. I respect myself and I respect my children.

(so I am not the milf at a bar, and drags home a guy to fuck in my bed and wake up the next morning, saying to my kid as introduction, hey, this is .... what is your name baby?)

With that being stated, I have introduced my children to only 3 bf - all of them, I had thought, may become more than a bf. Each of them were very cool with me having children, and they were pleasantly surprised and pleased when the time came to introduce them to my children, knowing my philosophy of not exposing my children to things they do not need to know.

So ... If I met a man who was not understanding of my life choice(s), it's his loss.

Van

My thoughts exactly. My kids have actually only met 1 bf.

My oldest, who is now an adult, has thanked me for the way I have conducted my personal life. She always hated the way her father went about his. She never liked the way he was dragging different women in and out of her life all the time.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola
Quote by VanGogh

Van

My thoughts exactly. My kids have actually only met 1 bf.

My oldest, who is now an adult, has thanked me for the way I have conducted my personal life. She always hated the way her father went about his. She never liked the way he was dragging different women in and out of her life all the time.

Some of us men appreciate your concerns greatly, ladies. We don't wish to meet the child(ren) of the woman we just started seeing 1,2,3,4 months ago - anymore than you wish to expose your kid(s) to a possible carousel of 'new men friends' or...ahem, uncles.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.