Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Michigan Assistant Attorney General- is he retarded? Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:39:11 PM

Check out Andrew Shirvell, the assistant Attorney General of Michigan, making a personal attack obsession on the student body president of the University of Michigan. He's a state official. Since this guy is a homophobe, and the object of his attacks is openly gay, he has seen fit to start a blog devoted to spreading lies about him, stalked his facebook page, and videotaped him from outside his house, among other things. He's a state official.

He also might be retarded, seriously. By the looks of this, maybe I could pass law school! Watch this guy get skewered for his bigotry, it's very entertaining, in addition to being disturbing.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2010/09/29/anderson_cooper_anti_gay_shirvell

What should a public official be limited to, in terms of their personal life? Where do their rights to act as they please when they're "off the clock" stop?

It looks like the crosshairs are fixed on his head, but so far, the guy still has a job. I'm sure he's gotten himself all lawyered up for if/when he gets fired for his conduct. He insists all of his cyber-bullying and stalking is done on his own time, and is in no part connected to his job as an assistant Attorney General. But, it sure reflects badly on Michigan that he's out there doing this, and granting interviews to CNN about it, no less.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:23:17 PM

Holy fuck. Watch Shirvell speak. It's obvious that he's gay and so far in denial he can't even see the closet doorknob from where he's standing. He hates himself for being gay and wants to take his own self-loathing out on any other gays he can. It must hurt like hell to see someone openly and honestly accepting of their own personality and sexuality when you can't stand yourself because of it.

As an Assistant Attorney General, he serves at the pleasure of the Governor and the state Attorney General. According to Mr. Cooper, he can't be fired except for "Conduct Unbecoming the Office". If I were his boss, I'd politely inform Shirvell that I either want his antics to cease, or I want his resignation. If he refuses to resign, I'd have someone detailed to watch him full-time, and the first time he did anything even remotely against the laws (stalking, harassing, etc) then I'd have him arrested and fired pursuant to that arrest. What a dumbass.

Bunny12
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:39:16 PM

OMG I only listened to that guy for 2 secs and he is gay and wants the guy he stalking yes wants to be fucked by him! What a sad individual never seen a guy who needs a trip to a Dom more before! ugh Hope his dumb ass goes to jail and that poor kid he's stalking sues the crap out of him. Wish every gay organization on the planet would camp out on his front lawn. I would bet there are a few skeletons in the closet that guys trying to hide in. I absolutely love gay men and hate anyone who is mean to them a1089

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
mercianknight
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:01:26 AM

OMG! Someone give Shirvell an e-harmony account so he can move on. And 'Yes', I agree, definitely gay.

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Butterfly
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:29:32 AM

Wow, are you kidding me? He doesn't consider what he's doing as personal attacks or harassment in any way!?...I wonder if someone were actively and obsessively pursuing him in this fashion, what exactly he would define it as?? Photoshopping pics with swastika's and derogatory words, that's low. What an absolutely immature, moronic individual he is. Well, at least The AG, Cox realizes that Shirvell is acting with a lack of judgement outside of work...

Ohhhh I'm all over him cause he wants to change the student housing rules, yeah that seems to be a reeeeally radical and sinister agenda the kid has going on. I lol'd when he said to Cooper, "I sense a lot of anger in your voice and don't understand why" haha! I sense he needs to rethink his so-called 'Christian' beliefs and views and become a wee bit more tolerant, oh and STFU, what an asshat!
Butterfly
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:57:45 AM

*BUMP*

Saw this on the news earlier this morning;

Michigan Asst. Attorney Gen fired

Good riddance to this hate mongering idiot.
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:56:38 PM

Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:18:03 PM

"By the looks of this, maybe I could pass law school!" Yes, you could, but there are enough of them, and they are all socially inept. Sorry if any reading are attorneys, not for what I said, just..sorry.

And yes, the dude is most definitely, indubitably, without doubt, a friend of Tom Cruise. Excuse my redundancy.

One thing that I take from this and chairman numb nuts is that this is the reason why those who criticize the media usually have something to hide, namely, the truth. No, the media does not get it right all the time, but who does.

By the way....the Ave Maria School of Law? That alone explains everything.
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 10:14:51 PM

not retarded just a repressed jackass. who is now an unemployed jackass.