last reply
26 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi All

Just to squash a rumor thats been spreading about the place. Moderators (not even I) can read your private whispers in a chatroom. I wrote the chatroom software and I definitely did not add this feature.

Over
gav
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I heard a rumor that you can read our thoughts. Is that true?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How disappointing. I thought I was sending encoded messages to the FBI through private whispers intercepted by Lush moderators.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so, i should stop whispering things to others when Penny's around, hoping that she gets the hint? *sighs*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
whispers to Gav "your humping air buddy"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Damn back to smoke signals then.
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ahhhh .... i wish they could... lol
Lurker
0 likes
What's a "Chatroom?"

xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The "chatroom" has probably been around even longer then the thingy that slides out the side of your laptop... you know, where you have been placing your beer? It is indeed where you put CD's and DVD's .. hahaha. YOU ARE BY FAR THE BEST!!!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

What's a "Chatroom?"

xx SF

i can see you haven't been paying attention. again. *sighs* this is the third time this year we've had to retrain you. it had better stick this time.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whats a laptop?? sort of like a table dance?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Turns out mods can't turn on your Webcam and see you at home either.

Lame Gav, lame...
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by ByronLord
Turns out mods can't turn on your Webcam and see you at home either.

Lame Gav, lame...

You just freaked me out and I don't even HAVE a webcam.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
The Linebacker
0 likes
Some of us have extra powers such as reading your thoughts....

I am sworn to secrecy.l6dWBmpysUYz9xkc
0 likes
Gav, so you cannot read our private whispers in a chatroom...

Does that mean, that is the only private area???

First ByronLord told me that I need to start dressing while online and now Shylass refuses to answer my calls... what is next?
Lurker
0 likes
I think you're wrong, Gav, because I get constant whispers where it says the recipient is an asshole, and we all know I'm an awesome guy that never does or says anything wrong. Especially not smartarse comments.HpJvd0lxFpPtiSa8
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Yes, indeed mister sidekick, never a word of harsh nature slips past your lips. (I never thought I'd meet a man who could talk bull with his anus.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well you would say that wouldn't you but you've painted yourself into a corner now. How did you know about these rumours if you weren't monitoring my whispers? Answer that if you can.

keeps tinfoil hat on
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Well you would say that wouldn't you but you've painted yourself into a corner now. How did you know about these rumours if you weren't monitoring my whispers? Answer that if you can.

keeps tinfoil hat on

It's when we pre-empt. your thoughts that you really need to be scared, OMK! x
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi All

Just to squash a rumor that's been spreading about the place. Moderators (not even I) can read your private whispers in a chatroom. I wrote the chatroom software and I definitely did not add this feature.

Over
gav

I notice you just denied PEOPLE can read the whispers. What about the computer? Huh? Does the computer read all the stuff, private or otherwise? And the computer tells the mods. C'mon, fess up! Bet you thought all of us would miss that little loophole!
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Computers do not kiss and tell, unless they're told to do so.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

You just freaked me out and I don't even HAVE a webcam.

i just put duct tape over the little camera lens thingy, just in case...

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i just put duct tape over the little camera lens thingy, just in case...

I totally used to do that on my old laptop! I freaked out the other day with my Shiny when I was trying to take a photo of something and all I could see was myself freaking out. It turns out there is a camera lens on TWO sides of this thing.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
its good that this site doesnt...just for privacy i guess. but the site i am very active in and have mod training for...yah you can. its kinda controversial and i dont agree with it. (eventhough i have nv whisped something i dont care if others see hehehehe)

*as for the cam...yes i keep mine covered too*
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i think i speak for most mods...ok...well eli doesn't count, but i know i don't wanna read what ya'll are talking about. Sometimes reading what is in the open is enough to make me wanna curl up in a tight ball and keep repeating (in my best lion voice , you know from the wiz of oz) "There are no such things at spooks, there are no such things as spooks"

Ok, well maybe not, but somethings should be kept private and we respect that. It's very simple.
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by jerseylynn
i think i speak for most mods...ok...well eli doesn't count, but i know i don't wanna read what ya'll are talking about. Sometimes reading what is in the open is enough to make me wanna curl up in a tight ball and keep repeating (in my best lion voice , you know from the wiz of oz) "There are no such things at spooks, there are no such things as spooks"

Ok, well maybe not, but somethings should be kept private and we respect that. It's very simple.

if you'd like, i can share my whispers with you later! i'll PM them next time, no bother!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gav, is this still true? The site has changed over time and was wondering.