Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Music Concert. The first, worst, and best concert you've attended?

last reply
31 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First.... Van Halen 5150

Worst.... Travis Tritt (was a birthday present to gf from her parents, I had little choice) edit... ClubMtv was the worst. I worked at the arena for both setup and tear down of set. Horrible.. BelBivDevoe, Rico Suave, Keith Sweat, and C&C Music Factory. THAT was the worst concert I ever attended.

Best... The Rolling Stones Steel Wheels in the New Orleans Superdome.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
First: Rick Springfield. Who doesn't love "Jessie's Girl?" (7th grade)

Worst: Bruce Willis. Free tickets, nuff said.

Best: Journey~Raised on Radio. *sigh* Steve Perry's vocals *sigh*.
Lurker
0 likes
First: Wham (gimme a break, I was young!)

Worst: And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead (the only concert I've walked out of)

Best (Oh I have so many, hard to choose): The Specials - have to admit to falling in love with Terry Hall, just a little bit, good god, he's such a sexy older man...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First: Bon jovi These days tour at the milton keynes bowl

Worst: Radio one road show

Best:Bon jovi (I was a naughty girl that night)
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
First - Garbage (Shirley Manson) ... it was amazing!

Worst - Celine Dion (I got roped into it by some conservative/girly friends ages ago... props to Celine, but it's just not my kind of music).

Best - without a doubt, it was Portishead. I was right at the front of the stage in a very small venue and it was such a trippy and intimate experience.
Lurker
0 likes
First AC/DC 1975 Canberra pub.. Bon Scott was the cockiest man on two legs, I swear he had a sock down his jeans

Worst: Don Maclean 1977. Great Music, but not big on personality

Best: 1976 Richie Blackmore's Rainbow. My first outing to the world of rock concerts. The air was hazy with dope smoke. The atmosphere electric. 19 years old and in rock heaven.

equal best: AC/DC 2008 what can I say? Just awesome!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
First: Firehouse, Tesla

Worst: Tangier

Best: Only for nostalgia's sake....seeing Van Halen with David Lee Roth in 2008. Saw them 3 times with Sammy Hagar before that.

Bryan Adams comes in a really close 2nd
Lurker
0 likes
First...Damn Yankees and another group I can't remember. Ted Nugent was a wildman!

Worst...Tangier/Winger/Extreme

Best...Aerosmith. They sounded just as awesome live as on the radio!

Zoey
Lurker
0 likes
First- Busted i was young! haha

Worst- HIM at download fest 2010, best weekend of my life, but they were awful!

Best-ACDC, by far!! biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First - Nine Inch Nails & The Deftones

Worst - Woodstock '99. Great music, horrible atmosphere

Best - (tie) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at 730am in Asbury Park, NJ on my 23rd birthday.....and Molson Canadian Rocks for Toronto (The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Rush, The Guess Who, Justin Timberlake, The Isley Brothers, The Flaming Lips, and more) in Toronto on my 24th birthday.
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First - New Order

Worst - Can't think of one that was particularly bad.

Best - David Bowie & Nine Inch Nails, because David Bowie gave me the tickets, sort of. He was in the studio at one of the local radio stations. If you called in during a certain time and David Bowie answered the phone, you won the tickets. I called in, talked to David Bowie, and won the tickets. biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
First: Rickie Lee Jones, National Stadium, Dublin Late 70s... (I fell in love)

Worst: Johnny Thunders, Mid 80s, Dublin.... (Smack had taken its toll, on Johnny I mean, and him throwing up several times during the gig took away a little of the gloss for me...)

Best: Always the last one, Unthanks, Vicar St, Dublin, last month.... (Fell in love again!!!)

Honourable mentions to Iggy, Julian Cope, U2, Bowie, The Sundays, Tom Waits, The Smiths, REM, et al, etc.....

xx S
Lurker
0 likes
First: Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Soul2Soul II Tour June 2006. I was in 8th grade, and was graduating soon, because before i went to the concert, I had a school luncheon

Worst: Never had any bad ones yet, the only thing about about one concert I went to, I got sunburn on my head, where I part my hair lol

Best: 92.5 xtu 24th anniversary show concert, I got to see Big & Rich (only reason I really went but I enjoyed the others as well, Big & Rich were last to perform) ...and I LOVE Big & Rich.
Lurker
0 likes
First, I honestly can't remember. I used to attend symphony concerts regularly when I was a kid, and went to see my share of local garage bands in high school.

Best, King Crimson at the Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh. 4th row center, Robin Trower was the warm-up group.

Worst, can't remember one I didn't enjoy.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by NickandZoey
First...Damn Yankees and another group I can't remember. Ted Nugent was a wildman!

Zoey

That musta been the same tour I saw with Extreme, Winger and Tangier. Only part I didn't like was tangier.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ImJustHere
Quote by NickandZoey

Zoey

That musta been the same tour I saw with Extreme, Winger and Tangier. Only part I didn't like was tangier.

My sister had a thing for Kip Winger. Was a present for her bday. And yeah, it was Tangier that did me in, along with the drunk frat boys next to us. Horny frat boys...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first was 'The Who' back in the 60's The worst was a Hank Williams Jr concert, poor venue, terrible sound system, The Best, Willie Nelson, lasted forever

Irishmik60
Mike Corkran
Lurker
0 likes
First: mariah carey concert
worst: Britney spears concert (she can dance, but CAN'T sing.)
BEST: the script. my favorite band, their awesome.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Best -tossup between Rolling Stones in the 80's at the coliseum Phoenix, AZ and Bob Seger in the 70's at old theater Bakersfield, CA

Worst -haven't thought of one yet but might get back to you on this

John Prine was great in New Orleans : )
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
First & somewhat memorable: From 1976 through 1979 attended all in Kansas City - http://www.lookatstubs.com/bands/summer_jam.htm

It's been a long time ago, and I experimented heavily with - everything.

Worst: One of my favorite groups came on stage so blitzed they trashed four songs and stumbled drunkenly off the set never to return - ZZTop 1999

Best: Dan Fogelberg gives excellent entertainment, but the Beach Boys were quite awesome (and I was sober!)
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
The first concert was a festival with some has-beens.... Steppenwolf turned out not to be Steppenwolf at all I found out later... Tommy James was there too, it was also the worst....

I've never been dragged to a concert I didn't want to see

The best:

Clapton live in 1990 at Alpine Valley
Stevie Ray Vaughan the same night, the night before he died, his next to last show
Clapton and Robert Cray in 2007, 3rd row at the Staples Center in LA, a gift from my brother

and an incredible show from the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, not even in my musical
style, but she had everyone, including me, eating out of her hand.... SHAKIRA live in October 2010
Lurker
0 likes
First: Aaron Carter... wtf happened to him??

Worst: Kanye West... don't think I really need to explain

Best: Cage the Elephant.. they are the shit!! I'd love to go see them again smile
Lurker
0 likes
First: Jools Holland, I must have been twelve or thirteen, that man is an absolute genius on the piano.
Worst: No such thing as of yet
Best: The Strokes, Isle of Wight Festival
Lurker
0 likes
Best concert i been to was Def Leppard, one of the worst was Alan Jackson he just stands there and plays music nothing exciting.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First was Stevie Nicks probably back in the 1980's.
Best is made up of the various ACDC concerts I have been to over the years.
Worst would have to go to Wolf Mother, one of the supports for ACDC last year.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
WOW. Great thread! I see so many artists/bands I love mentioned here, King Crimson, AC/DC, Rainbow, Garbage, Robin Trower, Johnny Thunders,Aerosmith, many more.

First- Iron Maiden in 1985, I lost my virginity afterward too, LOL

Worst- Black Crowes, I really like them but the sound was awful and they were sooooo boring

Best- Pink Floyd in 1994, Roger Waters Wall Concert in 2010, Roger Waters Dark Side Concert in 2006..........kind of a theme here, LOL.

Although so many other great concerts!
Lurker
0 likes
First: Smashing Pumpkins and Garbage

Worst: Bob Dylan. It was a small place and the acoustics were terrible. I love Dylan but that show was awful.

Best: Ani DiFranco. I'm not really an Ani fan and just went to the show with a girl that I liked. I think my low expectations made her have to win me over. And win me over she did. She absolutely blew me away. Ani has amazing stage presence. What a performer!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnnyRamble
First: Smashing Pumpkins and Garbage

Worst: Bob Dylan. It was a small place and the acoustics were terrible. I love Dylan but that show was awful.

Best: Ani DiFranco. I'm not really an Ani fan and just went to the show with a girl that I liked. I think my low expectations made her have to win me over. And win me over she did. She absolutely blew me away. Ani has amazing stage presence. What a performer!

I saw Dylan once too. Yea, pretty bad concert. I'm glad I can say that I saw him, but it was pretty bad.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates