how sure can we be?

last reply
4 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My brother was visiting and I took him to the club I work at hoping he could hook up with one of the girls I work with.

While there one of the cooks was saying that he could "convert" my brother if given the chance.

It got me to thinking later, does he sort of have a point.

Can a straight person know for sure that he/she isn't gay or bi until trying sex with someone of the same gender?

And of course, can a gay person know for sure he/she isn't straight or bi until trying sex with someone of the opposite gender?
Lurker
0 likes
I can only answer for myself, but I am 100% certain I am straight without having tried the other side. Any time I have contemplated it, it was only with the thought of making an interesting show for a guy.

Trying to make yourself be attracted to someone seems like work. Relationships might require a bit of work, but attraction itself should be natural and effortless.

That being said, you can develop a delayed interest in someone you've known for a long time. But experimenting without being interested seems pointless. Adventure is about doing new things that actually excite you, right?

For me, boredom, drunkenness or even a quest for knowledge would not be adequate reasons.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
A lot of gay guys love the prospect of a 'convert'... I know many that take pride in their ability to have a special radar for those that might be curious enough to indulge in a bit of experimentation.

I think there are those people that are definitely straight whether it be more based on lack of same-sex attraction/desire or being socially wired to never consider any experimentation because of judgement. Then there are those that definitely gay and could never consider playing the hetero world, but I think there is a larger majority with a more fluid sexuality. I think that location/opportunity can determine whether that person ever considers experimenting or just relegates their curiosity to their fantasy world. Those are the ones that are seen as potential converts. Gay guys often have a knack for identifying and zero'ing in on that subtlety.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I step away for a second and put on my nerd glasses, I can tell you this-
the things that change who we are can be divided into environmental and genetically.
for example, if a kid is brought up in a catholic house, he will be influenced to be a catholic- environmental
if his parents passed onto him a "blue eye" gene (rough example) he will have blue eyes.

Male attraction to males is caused by the malfunction of receptive nerves in the brain.
In our inception, we are all girls. if the baby will be a boy, he produces a hormone called testosterone.
there are receptive nerves which react to this by making the body more masculine, and by changing the
way of thinking. If the receptive cells in the brain are malfunctioning, for any reason, this can cause
attraction to guys, because the brain is still a female brain, just in a male body. This is genetically, and can
only happen to boys.

any other reason for attraction to the same sex is environmental.

in short-if it's genetics, he will see he's into boys. if it's environmental, he can't know till he tries it, like
you can't know if you like a cake till you do.
You'll know it when you see it
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Konstelacio

Male attraction to males is caused by the malfunction of receptive nerves in the brain.

No it isn't .

xx SF