Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Political party hypocrisy Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:16:52 PM

Buc wrote:
You don't believe everything you're told, do you? ,,, yes, please tell me more,,, you did not ask about exxon,oh wait you did. Obama can not effect the price of gasoline, oh wait , he thought he could, drive it down, and now, yes , i do enjoy your style of thoughts,,,,, the things Obama tell us are not to be believed, yep.

LOL. Glad we agree on something. What was the last politician you actually took at face value, and why would you ever? They all lie, this is no surprise.

I'm surprised by your naivete, but otherwise, I enjoy the exchange LOL.

I didn't ask about Exxon, actually. You brought it up, and I explained how they have precious little (or nothing, really) to do with the cost of gasoline.

I like your style too. You're a funny guy. Regaeman Man
sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:24:12 AM

Buc wrote:
This President is absolutely committed to reducing -- to doing everything we can to mitigate the effect of higher gas prices on American families and to lower gas prices. " Jay Carney Obama's Official Spokesman

Now you're just getting boring *yawns*

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:52:25 AM

LadyX wrote:
"Drill, dumbass, drill" will get us nowhere, assuming you believe that oil is a finite resource, with all the easy-access,high-quality stuff pretty much accounted for. The alaska reserve that everyone, including the President recently, is salivating over? That would last 3 months if we had to survive on it. The idea of tapping into that to alleviate pricing concerns is unbelievably short-sighted and stupid.

We're going to have to figure out different ways to acquire and produce our energy, and probably still have to scale back our ways of life assuming we have some success with that. The way we built cities here, completely dependent on cars and cheap gas forever, is going to doom us sooner than later. Whenever gas creeps up around $4 or $5/gallon, that lesson is already being felt. I don't doubt that there's probably serious grift in terms of who gets the government research contracts, but what incentive does Exxon have to do it on their own? By the time the oil tap really begins to go from flow to intermittent trickle, all the decision makers now will be snug on their yachts or dead. What the fuck do they really care?

People say that the government can't be trusted to not screw things up or distribute funds with no corruption- fine, but corporations are no more trustworthy in my mind. We're going to have to figure out a Plan B at some point, no matter where it initiates from.

I am not betting you up, but, yes, you did ask about Exxon.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:54:52 AM

hello1
sprite wrote:

Now you're just getting boring *yawns*

When the President promises to lower fuel costs and then they go up, I can see how his, misstep being pointed out to you is, uhm, well dismissively boring.

I promise not to quote the President any more.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:02:20 AM

Diesel Fuel has remained stubbornly high thru the fall and winter. I am not blaming anyone,,,, my point is looking at my last year of fuel consumption I am going to have to pass on to my customers higher prices for beef, eggs, hay and sheep. I have sent a mass email to all customers to tell them that I will not absorb the fuel input higher cost. Giving them time to adjust or find someone else to purchase their protein and fiber.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:53:42 AM

Buc wrote:

I am not betting you up, but, yes, you did ask about Exxon.

Buc, is English your first language? You know, if it isn't, that's cool. It's just that when you type six commas in a row, suffer so many misspellings, and use phrases that make no sense (like "betting you up"), I start to wonder. In what country is this private college that you attended? I'm afraid you might have wasted your money. :(

I do see that you figured out the quote function, that's a good thing. Unfortunately, that post is from two years ago, prior to me asking you to explain if there's any connection whatsoever between the President and the cost of fuel, to which you came up with nothing. Conversations don't really work retroactively, Buc. At least for me they don't, because I lack the necessary time travel skills.

You see, since that message so long ago, I've learned a lot of things, including some facts about the economic realities of oil pricing. As far as Exxon goes, being a high profile US energy company doesnt equate to influence over worldwide crude oil value. And now, i pass this knowledge to you, my friend. :)

Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:58:39 AM

"Senator Barack Obama loathes President Barack Obama.

Someday the two should meet, have lunch, and work out their rather large differences of opinion."

You mean these two faces of the same moron.
"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic."

Add 8.5 Trillion in new debt to those numbers and divide by your screwed.

Hope this changes as we go Forward.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:06:03 AM

whatsoever between the President and the cost of fuel"

Well, the USSO thinks there is a connection between his powers and gasoline prices,:

This President is absolutely committed to reducing -- to doing everything we can to mitigate the effect of higher gas prices on American families and to lower gas prices. " Jay Carney Obama's Official Spokesman
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:23:21 AM

Buc wrote:
whatsoever between the President and the cost of fuel"

Well, the USSO thinks there is a connection between his powers and gasoline prices,:

Aw, Buc, I thought we covered this last night. Still taking politicians and their press robots at their word, instead of reaching your own conclusions? And from an administration that you hate, no less. No wonder you're so bitter. :(

Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:10:43 AM

Hybrid car pioneer and “father of the Prius” Takeshi Uchiyamada says the billions poured into developing battery electric vehicles have ultimately been in vain. "Because of its shortcomings--driving range, cost and recharging time--the electric vehicle is not a viable replacement for most conventional cars," said Uchiyamada. "We need something entirely new." .

Stated goal of Obama by the end of his 2nd term is 1 million alternative vehicles on the road. so Far 30 K are on the US Roads. (could be more,the data I have on this is a few years old)
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:11:21 AM

Obama held a press conference, no one listened as it is all lies and fake....
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:44:59 PM

Buc wrote:
Obama held a press conference, no one listened as it is all lies and fake....

Attaboy! You're catching on.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:04:45 PM

Did you vote for the ONE in 2008 and again for the 2nd Coming in 2012?
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:08:50 PM

Buc wrote:

Absolutely! Well, in 2012 anyways. In 2008 I was barely 18 and wasn't registered yet. I always vote for the liar I fear or disagree with the least.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:55:29 PM

Odd, I never vote for anyone that I fear, to each our own standards ...... Good to see your guy won.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:56:57 PM

Mary Bruce

By Mary Bruce
@marykbruce
Follow on Twitter
Feb 5, 2013 3:54pm

The White House today defended the use of targeted drone strikes against U.S. citizens abroad suspected of high-level terrorist activity, but declined to detail the criteria for ordering such an attack.

“Sometimes we use remotely piloted aircraft to conduct targeted strikes against specific al Qaeda terrorists in order to prevent attacks on the United States and to save American lives,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.

“We conduct those strikes because they are necessary to mitigate ongoing actual threats, to stop plots, to prevent future attacks and, again, save American lives. These strikes are legal, they are ethical, and they are wise,” he said.
ht predator drone nt 121108 wblog Drone Strikes on US Terror Suspects Legal, Ethical, Wise, White House Says

U.S. Air Force

Administration lawyers found it is lawful to kill an American citizen if a “high-level” government official believes the target is an operational leader of al Qaeda who poses “an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States” and if capture is infeasible, according to a newly disclosed Justice Department document.

The 16-page white paper, first obtained by NBC News, finds there “exists no appropriate judicial forum to evaluate these constitutional considerations” and that the administration does not need to present evidence to a court before or after ordering such an attack.

“The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” the document reads."

Outstanding
sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:19:58 PM

Buc wrote:

not only voted, but actively campaigned for Jesus C. Obama. Mostly cause he's hot, but i admit that part of it was that i didn't care for McCain/Palin or Romney/What's his face much. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:57:35 PM

Cograt's on your big win. You do know that the money you earn and is taxed by Social Security is not yours once it is taken by the Federal Gov't, you have zerO standing and no claim to that money. Sure you have a SSN and what looks like an account, but no standing and no claim to those funds, good news, neither does your employer.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:39:41 PM

Buc wrote:
Odd, I never vote for anyone that I fear, to each our own standards ...... Good to see your guy won.

I'd rather not vote for anyone I fear, either. I just go with the one I fear the least.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:26:31 PM

Zero credibility - The Reinvention of and move away from the reintardation of Faux Noise.

It's clear that head honcho Roger Ailes is moving in a new direction. The highly polarizing Sarah Palin is out, while Scott Brown, the moderate former senator from Massachusetts, is reportedly in talks to join the network. In addition, Fox stalwarts like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity have suddenly expressed openness to the idea of immigration reform, which would have been unthinkable before Romney was routed. Pundits "whose response to just about everything is to offer up red meat to the fringe of the party isn't exactly what Roger Ailes and co. are looking for anymore," says Matt Taylor at The Daily Beast.

The changes at Fox mirror an ongoing shift in the GOP, whose leaders are seeking to reform the party in the wake of Romney's defeat. According to VandeHei and Allen:

One high-profile Republican strategist, who refused to be named in order to avoid inflaming the very segments of the party he wants to silence, said there is a deliberate effort by party leaders to "marginalize the cranks, haters and bigots — there’s a lot of underbrush that has to be cleaned out." [Politico]

And so, once again, we return to the question of whether the changes at Fox, as well as the Republican Party as a whole, are merely cosmetic or real. Jonathan Chait at New York is skeptical, citing the moderate wing's unwillingness to challenge hardcore conservative beliefs:

In order to purge a party of crankish and bigoted sentiments, you would need to identify what those sentiments are. Climate-change denial? Opposition to gay marriage? "Self-deportation"? Railing against food stamps? Supply-side economics?

Moderate Republicanism is a secret creed — a set of beliefs that is expressed anonymously, but lacks any public standing to openly engage in a battle of ideas within the party.

But there are members of the GOP who are beginning to challenge conservative orthodoxy. More Republicans by the day are coming out in support of a path to citizenship for undocumented workers. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky gave a foreign policy speech yesterday in which he moved to the left of Obama on the issue of Iran's nuclear program. These seem to be seedlings of change.

And that is where Fox and the GOP diverge: While the cable channel can change at Ailes' whim, the Republican Party's metamorphosis will be far slower.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 9:45:44 AM

LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- U.S. President Barack Obama told House Democrats Thursday his State of the Union address will focus on job creation, education and energy independence."

Really, so the 8.5 trillion in new US Debt on your watch managed to take the US unemployment rate from 7.8 Jan 2009 to 7.9 Jan 2013,,, FORWARD.

HE will announce the approval of the Keystone Pipe Line.

He will also announce a 2 % or more tax rate cut on earned income (US Tax code has two forms of income, get this, not fucked up at all, when you retire and begin to take out your personal benefits that is classified as "unearned" income) . He should also cut the capital gains rates fall all making less then 113 K no matter how it is earned.

Monocle
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:34:32 PM

Buc wrote:
LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- U.S. President Barack Obama told House Democrats Thursday his State of the Union address will focus on job creation, education and energy independence."

Really, so the 8.5 trillion in new US Debt on your watch managed to take the US unemployment rate from 7.8 Jan 2009 to 7.9 Jan 2013,,, FORWARD.

Do you really swallow your own bullshit? The economy was in freefall in Jan 2009, and it took months yet to bottom out and begin to claw its way back, which it is still doing. You can pretend that the previous 8 years didn't wreck the economy, but everybody knows what a crock and a lie that is. Each insinuation you're making is utterly laughable.

Quote:
HE will announce the approval of the Keystone Pipe Line.
He will also announce a 2 % or more tax rate cut on earned income.

He might. I hope the first can be stopped, and I doubt the second, but I've been wrong before.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:32:21 AM

Bush Unemployment was at 4.5 % at the same time gasoline was at $2.50 a gallon.

Today 5 years into the Obama New Recovery Economy,,, Unemployment is back up to 7.9% and gasoline is at its highest level ever at this time of the year averaging over $3.75. Obama said that higher gasoline is a good sign for the US Economy. Higher cost for fuel he reasoned , was good because the US New Great Recovery is picking up steam, all aboard, woot woot.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:53:35 PM

Buc wrote:
Bush Unemployment was at 4.5 % at the same time gasoline was at $2.50 a gallon.

Today 5 years into the Obama New Recovery Economy,,, Unemployment is back up to 7.9% and gasoline is at its highest level ever at this time of the year averaging over $3.75. Obama said that higher gasoline is a good sign for the US Economy. Higher cost for fuel he reasoned , was good because the US New Great Recovery is picking up steam, all aboard, woot woot.

I remember paying over $4.00 per gallon of Unleaded regular, more than a few times during the Bush/Cheney Oil-Cartel-Friendly administration, Buc. Are you sniffing something occasionally, or is your memory selectively slipping.

The last time that gasoline in our part of the country (you and I live fairly closely together - we've discussed this before in chat) was regularly under $3.00 a gallon was during the Clinton/Gore administration.

Bush/Cheney saw to it that gasoline stayed above $3.00 a gallon with their illegal, lying & manipulative invasion of Iraq, effectively shutting off over 25% of the oil reserves of the world from ever reaching distillation plants and 'developing' industrial countries such as China during the 8 years they were in office.

Geezus fcking keriste Buc... get with the program, will ya?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:56:33 PM

Look at this chart, look at it with the 8 year selected on prices. Might change your paradigm.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:58:00 PM

darn it, google gas buddy history and it will take you to the chart that i can't get to post here
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:59:48 PM

www dot randomuseless dot info/gasprice/gasprice dot html

Peak price the summer of Bush's last year in office. The crash thereafter was due to the Great Recession. Current prices, adjusted for inflation are the equivalent of 1981. aand lower than most of 2008.

What was that you were lying again?
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:13:50 PM

Are you saying that today's gas prices are less then during the 2000's...... just asking.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:16:13 PM

So you agree (with Prez Barry) the reason the prices in the USA are history making high now (higher then ever at this time of the year) is because the US Economy is into the new Great Recovery?
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:18:35 PM

://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/index.asp

AAA just saying, higher then a year ago, no need to worry, we are starting to drive less miles and going out to eat less and so on, because gas prices matter.