Astronomy Quiz

last reply
17 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I got 8/10 only because it's a hobby of mine.
Matriarch
0 likes
Result: 0-2 Earthbound

Lush Legend
0 likes
I'm with you Lush

2/10 Earth bound.... stupid solar system.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I am earth bound too......
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
3/10

I was always interested in looking not learning about the stars.
Lurker
0 likes
I was sure I would do better...earthbound. Having said that, there were two questions I was going to answer differently, and those would have been right.

But I didn't. Earthbound, 2 out of 10.
Lurker
0 likes
4/10...guessing does pay off.kOsS5n7cyFMIhpKo
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by bassguitarbubba
4/10...guessing does pay off.SQlnHB93I7CUbwXC

lol
Lurker
0 likes
Okay, you two. No piling on. Rocco's the real deal, but you two are just making me feel bad.

I fart in your general direction!
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by ASubtlepassion
Okay, you two. No piling on. Rocco's the real deal, but you two are just making me feel bad.
I fart in your general direction!

Huh?.....I in no way insinuated anything in regards to Rocco.......I made that comment to BGB because he guessed...no malice intended.......

and in an effort to not make you feel bad I will throw a blanket on you as you become incased in your gases and BGB and I run for cover.....
Lurker
0 likes
ah he's just mad cause he isn't invited. Guys don't like to be left out.
Man, if they could only see our girls sleep over nights.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
ah he's just mad cause he isn't invited. Guys don't like to be left out.
Man, if they could only see our girls sleep over nights.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2 for 10 also. Plus 2 bonus questions. Jupiter/sun and 7day week.

Means it's not the big dipper?
And I read Pluto is not a planet anymore.
Lurker
0 likes
And I don't agree with the ole "Pluto's no longer a planet" thing. That's like saying Michael Jackson is no longer human. He is, though.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by Batman
2 for 10 also. Plus 2 bonus questions. Jupiter/sun and 7day week.
Means it's not the big dipper?
And I read Pluto is not a planet anymore.

And your right Bat Pluto is no longer classified as being a "planet" like Earth or Mars, etc. It was demoted to a status of "dwarf planet" and it was decided in Prague the summer of 2006 at the International Astronomical Union.

"The new rules for planethood contain the following:

The object must orbit the Sun.
The object must have enough mass and gravity to pull itself into a sphere
The object must have cleared its orbit

This is where Pluto falls down. The mass of Pluto accounts for only a fraction of the mass of the objects in its orbit, while Earth has more than a million times the mass of its orbital companions.

In addition to Pluto and Eris, asteroid Ceres made the cut, becoming a dwarf planet. too. These are the only 3 official recognized dwarf planets, but astronomers think there are probably dozens more."
Lurker
0 likes
There's probably lots of dwarf planets out in the Oort cloud, but I'll only worry about that when one gets too close. I've seen the planets out to Saturn, but not the outer ones. They're boring anyway; just little points of light. Gimme the deep sky objects (globular clusters, comets, nebulae, etc.).
Aye, you know how I like it deep.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
There's probably lots of dwarf planets out in the Oort cloud, but I'll only worry about that when one gets too close. I've seen the planets out to Saturn, but not the outer ones. They're boring anyway; just little points of light. Gimme the deep sky objects (globular clusters, comets, nebulae, etc.).
Aye, you know how I like it deep.

comets and nebulae...........those are awesome......There was this series on the Universe sometime in 2006 that I was obsessed with and I loved the one of Saturn and Mars...... ...