Songs From Musicals

last reply
120 replies
10.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Clumeleon
0 likes
I'm a major musical theatre geek. I used to act and sing in high school and developed a minor obsession with musicals.

What are your favourite musicals, and what are your favourite songs from them? Videos are very welcome; chances are I'll listen to every one. You can't beat a good evening of showtunes.

I'll start us off with a little song that some Lushies might be able to relate to (haha, I jest).

Clumeleon
0 likes
Good contributions, Dude. Keep 'em coming.

I've never been much of a dancer, so this one gave me quite a headache when I did Annie a couple of years ago. Daddy Warbucks is a great character to play, though, and I loved every minute.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

My favourite singer, with a song from my favourite musical. Legendary !

(Hey Dude it worked !! Thank you x)
Clumeleon
0 likes
Not ever seen this musical, but I love this song.

Clumeleon
0 likes

Frank Sinatra heart
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
The only real Jean Valjean as far as I'm concerned... (Les Miserables)

Lurker
0 likes
I need to get to NY.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Fela! i've never actually seen it, but i know the music and his story and omg, the man playing Fela is gorgeous. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love musicals biggrin afterwatching the videos this evening had me to tapping and humming along :P

One of my favourite musicals is Evita and after watching the movie (I grew up in a country town lol) wanted to know about the real woman the musical was based off.

This is one of my favourite songs from it:

Sexy, sensual and great to see how these two characters Eva and Juan meet and know they have use for each other. Not really as lovers but as political partners.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Love this one, the dancers performed in extreme heat and had to take many breaks. Amazing and it's filmed in Israel.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I have a major crush on Stockard Channing.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Wish I'd had the chance to play Jesus in Godspell. Great musical to do.

Also, the video on my profile page is one of my best friends performing in Return To The Forbidden Planet. You can just see me in the background trying to remember my dance moves.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I can't wait to see Wicked. Got hooked on the songs by some friends.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
South Pacific! Five Great Songs! Phenominal Original Cast! They don't make 'em like this anymore!
Constant Gardener
0 likes

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Clumeleon
0 likes
One of the best musicals I've seen on stage. The choreography blew my mind (as it does in the film, too).

Clumeleon
0 likes
A recent favourite film of mine. So many great songs.