Are you a romantic?

last reply
34 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you like to hold hands...leave notes in each others lunch bags...caress and kiss each other every morning and again when you both arrive from a hard days work?
Lurker
0 likes
I hope we can see many answers for this thread
Lurker
0 likes
I guess this question is not only for gals. I think I can answer too

If I say I am not romantic, nobody believes me. smile I am romantic

simply, romance is the quality of love. and Love is quality of humanity.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am guilty of being a romantic. I practiced a song to sing and play guitar to perform for my wife at our wedding reception for weeks in secret. She cried when I performed it either from how bad I sang or maybe the good ole mushy romantic part. I am too scared to ask her which.

I also arranged a candle light private catered dinner for 2 on the beach in St. Thomas during our honeymoon. It was a surprise for her, I had the hotel arrange an evening gown for her and a tux for me and we did not wear any shoes since it was on the beach.

I cook for her a lot and we always do the candlelight thing. I love to get her flowers. And lingerie...I sometimes bring her lingerie gift wrapped in a box.

I probably could have done a more romantic marriage proposal but that would have ruined the surprise.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Yes. Yes I am.
[url]http://[/url]
Lurker
0 likes
I've never thought of myself as a romantic. However, under that description, I suppose so with the right partner. I would love to be able to have my BF come home each day and be able to do those things but with my ex well I had no desire to do any of those things.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rockstar81
However, under that description, I suppose so with the right partner. I would love to be able to have my BF come home each day and be able to do those things but with my ex well I had no desire to do any of those things.

It does make the difference being with the right partner. I also had no desire with my ex to do those things. The one I am with now we both do those things, leave each other notes throughout the house, send a text that we are thinking about each other and he always kisses me when he walks in.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, very romantic. The right partner does makes a difference. I'm lucky to have my best friend, who appreciates me and the things I do, and also laugh at my lame jokes.

Love showing affection, write little love notes anywhere and everywhere, wait to eat together or if I already ate, and she hasn't I'll join her and keep her company no matter what time. Surprises once in awhile with little things like make dinner, go on a date at home making the place look different with candles and flowers, or somewhere she loves to eat or a place she hasn't been before, but always wanted to. Slow dance in the middle of the living room, kitchen, or anywhere, sing or do something or anything to make her laugh.
0 likes
I'm thoughtful and affectionate but I wouldn't call myself romantic. I'm more likely to stock the fridge with my husband's favourite beer or make him a meal he likes than I am to write him poetry or leave love notes for him. Unfortunately, I'm more on the practical side and romantic gestures don't come naturally to me.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I would be more like Lisa, a practical romantic! And as everyone is saying, the right partner makes all the difference. When me and my b/f walk down the road, he always takes my arm. Such a simple gesture, but so loving and intimate. Its just feels so natural doing those little things with him.
Lurker
0 likes
I was helping my partner one evening as he made his sandwiches. I had a tub of Lurpak butter, and stuck on the side was a little biscuit. So I decided to put it into his lunch-box for him.
He text me in the daytime and asked me was I trying to kill him, that biscuit was inedible!
Ha ha I laugh, at the thought of a biscuit gone off.

It was until he got home and explained that the biscuit really was inedible, it was not meant for human consumption LOL

So god knows what this biscuit was for in the fist place.

I just thought this was a funny little tale of how to be romantic went wrong ha ha. Ooops LOL
Lurker
0 likes
I like sneeking little love notes folded up and I'll tell him not to read them until he's got to work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lisa, I don't think you're any less romantic by being more affectionate on the practical side of things. I actually find it sweeter when my guy goes out of his way to cook for me or make me comfortable at home after a day's work rather than leave little love notes around the house.

I think a lot of folks are romantics on the inside. But it often takes another person who's gained their trust for them to be comfortable enough to bring it out. So yeah, it depends a lot on the partner.

I can say I'm a romantic as well, but more through actions and subtle cues rather than words. I love giving massages even during the middle of the day. I also tend to hug and kiss my guy when I simply feel like it. I've even driven to a guy's workplace at 3 in the morning to make sure he had something to eat. I'm also guilty of sending my guy links to songs that remind me of him. Mushy, but he does the same so it's not so bad. lol.
Lurker
0 likes
yes i m a total romantic i believe tht even the simplest thng can b a big deal 4 a person who cares about u
Lurker
0 likes
been informed I am a hopeless one
Lurker
0 likes
I think I used to be a romantic, but it's been squished out of me... sad
Lurker
0 likes
hehehe .... sometimes my sarcasm sounds very romantic .... honest!

All silliness aside .... With a special someone, I am very romantic.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, with the right person I absolutely am.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Curlygirly
Yes, with the right person I absolutely am.

Exactly same answer and she just happens to be the right person.
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."
Lurker
0 likes
I like to think I am. But a real romantic, not just the flowers, chocolates. More love notes, sexy dares, walks, dinner
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I use to be a hopeless one I think..and maybe one day, with the right person, I will be again.
I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
there i was thinking i was the last of the romantics,dont think i will ever lose it !!!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes .....yes. yes .. i am so romantic
Clumeleon
0 likes
I think I'm quite a romantic guy.

I offer up my arm when we're walking; I take her out for nice meals for on non-special occasions; I buy her little, thoughtful gifts from time to time; I've written her poetry.

I make sure she knows how wonderful and beautiful and perfect she is.

And I eat her out at every given opportunity. If that isn't romance, I don't know what is.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I don't know if I am yet. Probably. I do go out of my way for people to make them happy, and do things I know they love or appreciate, or will make them smile. But I struggle to let them do that for me - I think that either they want something and they're softening me up for it, are feeling guilty about something, or are being sarcastic about it (that's all based on experience). Is there such a thing as a one-way romantic?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I have been known to leave love notes in coat pocket or a few choccy sweets with alove note, saying I'll miss you!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I am, enough said
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shouldn't this be in the guy section?

I think most girls are romantic. I love hold hands when I walk with my other half, kisses. Little surprises like yesterday when he surprised me with a take away coffee.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes absolutely. It can sometimes get too much but done properly, its great. Yet to find a guy who can satisfy my need for romance
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
I most definitely am. I concur with MMonroe I have yet to find that man as well. I have begun to wonder if romance and man go together.