AND THE OSCAR GOES TO?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lush Legend
0 likes
Ok here is how this goes....

Post your favorite quote from a movie and explain why?

GO and may the force be with you.......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Matriarch
0 likes
I like this one for its emotivity:

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

Professor Keating (Robin Williams) in 'Dead Poet's Society'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
`Does your physical disability preclude you from coming to the point?'

The Eiger Sanction, 1975. Clint Eastwood was excellent in it, sarcastic throughout, brilliant scenery, clever plot twist.

I like that quote because it sums up perfectly my attitude towards ditherers who talk around a subject too long.
Lush Legend
0 likes
"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived."

This was said by Anthony Hopkins in 'Meet Joe Black'

This is my favorite quote because its honest and straight forward no bullshit in between just the way I like to be.....hahaha.....

(lush love dead poet's society)
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto."
by vera donavan in one of the best movies of all time, Dolores Claiborne

I like it because it is a very true statement.