When Lush members just disappear...

last reply
136 replies
14.7k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It feels odd when some Lush member that you like just disappears.

One that has not logged in for 3 months is abygaleturner69. I really enjoyed her stories and she always left great comments on mine. Her page is still there but who knows.

I am sure that this will happen every so often it just feels strange when it does. Maybe kind of a sad feeling.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
0 likes
At least she didn't delete her account, so maybe when real life eases up ... she'll log back on ... and you can catch up!

It's really sad, when friends delete their account and never return ... those bother me more. At least when they are MIA ... I just hope they are healthy and happy .....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee

At least she didn't delete her account, so maybe when real life eases up ... she'll log back on ... and you can catch up!

It's really sad, when friends delete their account and never return ... those bother me more. At least when they are MIA ... I just hope they are healthy and happy .....

I agree. It is very sad when someone seemed to be a really good friend and then just deletes their account with no explanation. Makes you wonder if she/he is OK. Or was really who they said they were.

As for MIA but still have account, sometimes people just need a break or life throws some curves and they dont have the time anymore. Hopefully they will come back.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes a friend of mine turned me onto this site because we both love to write stories. One day logged in and he had deleted his account. I get down about it because if I was to leave I would put a comment in. Just how I am....
Lurker
0 likes
honestly pisses me off so much!! more so hurts me especially if they were a person i talked to on a regular basis!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some of my closest internet friends were founded on Lush, but have now moved on and away to maybe 'safer ground' away from the overtly sexual environment here. Good friends will stay in your life a long time , fickle friends - well who really cares anyway!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have recently had this happen to me and I do feel a sense of loss. We communicated several times a day everyday then suddenly nothing. I do pray that my friend is safe and well. I am now being careful not to allow anyone on lush to become that much a part of my daily life because it hurts. I get that life happens and we all have our priorities. Still friends are not supposed to just disappear. Ok I am done belly aching.
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People move on, they change or their circumstances change - it's tough but we have to accept it.

Not everyone is about tearful goodbyes, some prefer to slip out the back-door.

But of course sometime you get the ones like this... http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/it-has-to-stop.aspx
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
People move on, they change or their circumstances change - it's tough but we have to accept it.

Not everyone is about tearful goodbyes, some prefer to slip out the back-door.

But of course sometime you get the ones like this... http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/it-has-to-stop.aspx

Oh man....just love seeing some shameless self promotion
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

I think I need to write about the last best friend who just deleted his account (sad, sad, sad) ... I'll post the creative results!
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I remember being quite shocked when someone I chatted to regularly just disappeared from the top of my friends list.

Luckily, it was a temporary thing, and she was soon back, but it made me realise how much it meant, just knowing she was there for a chat when we were both on together.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
one of the saddest things i've personally had to deal with--in a long time--was seeing that my oldest and best friend was gone. luckily we shared an e-mail about his departure, but there isn't a day that goes by that i don't miss seeing his stupid name and generic avatar at the top of my list.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Best thing to do... keep the contact outside Lush!
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Usually the people I get to be close friends with have a certain way of leaving that wont be unnoticed.

I think I'm one of the ones who leave a note on the kitchentable, slip out the back door. Forget something very many times and my escape gets noticed. Then I escape quietly for a while come back without keys and press myself down the chimney like ST Nick and sit me down by the dinner table, assuming that my plate is still there.
Lurker
0 likes
I have been here a long time. Online life is more intensive than most friendships or flirtations. People leave because they get bored or their other half finds out or their online lives start taking over their real one. I don't mean to sound cynical but how much can you really know from someone's online persona? How much is real and how much is bullshit? You once fufilled a need and they don't need you anymore so they leave in the most painless way(for them). They don't then have to deal with the fall out that their cowardice created.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
I have been here a long time. Online life is more intensive than most friendships or flirtations. People leave because they get bored or their other half finds out or their online lives start taking over their real one. I don't mean to sound cynical but how much can you really know from someone's online persona? How much is real and how much is bullshit? You once fufilled a need and they don't need you anymore so they leave in the most painless way(for them). They don't then have to deal with the fall out that their cowardice created.

Well put Lois...

I compare Lush time vs RL time to dog years/human years. It can be super intense.

I've lost a few - some came back, some never.

It's nature of the beast I guess...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
At least when they are MIA ... I just hope they are healthy and happy .....

that might not always be true

i use to talk to a gal from the UK every day, we talked about almost everything normal friends would talk about. we talked about her bf a few times and from what i gathered he sounded kinda mean and maybe a little abusive. she talked about leaving him, quitting her job as a stripper and moving back home after school but was afraid of how he would take it and would do. the last time i talked to her she had just finished school so now that shes been MIA for almost 3 months it makes me wonder if he did something to her. it makes u think.....
Lurker
0 likes
That's the thing about the Internet, you never know what's going to happen.
I get scared that it might happen to one of my friends that I talk to, I'll log
in one day and Omg they're MIA!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If you have a meaningful connection with someone, it should go beyond Lush.

For the more casual 'online friends', it's just the way life evolves... and not that different than real life in some ways. People's lives cross and uncross as life changes over time. It's natural.
Lurker
0 likes
It is a strange feeling that the people you connect with on Lush are no longer on the site. It does not feel right! I really do miss talking to CokeheadBarbie and Contessa…
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know I connect with my Lushie friends and they definitely pick me up when I'm down, but when I'm dating someone seriously I don't generally use the site, I feel sort of guilty about it. If they're into it too, then that's cool, but a lot of times it just makes people uncomfortable or jealous and the emotional connection with my real life love life is more important to me so I try to avoid drama or hurt feelings. Plus it just makes ME uncomfortable. If I'm in love with someone and they are filling all my needs, I feel no need to use the site other than to just monitor my page/stories. To me,, when people disappear I always think they have something going right in their real life, and I try to be happy for them.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
heheh, I just hum this ~ at a time like that.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I had a few friends who i talked to everytime they were on here, the first one ended up randomly deleting his account one day and I was kind of sad. then this guy i had talked to on both Lush and , he deleted his account and never signed on anymore, but then not too long ago, he showed up again on Lush.

Most recently, one of my friends who i was talking to everyday (and with him, I NEVER talked dirty, I had actual conversations with him and found out a lot about him) sadly I came on to find his account was deleted....however, his roommate sent messages to his friends, sadly he had been killed. I cried a bit, he was a really cool and interesting person to talk to.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Jezziebelle
I know I connect with my Lushie friends and they definitely pick me up when I'm down, but when I'm dating someone seriously I don't generally use the site, I feel sort of guilty about it. If they're into it too, then that's cool, but a lot of times it just makes people uncomfortable or jealous and the emotional connection with my real life love life is more important to me so I try to avoid drama or hurt feelings. Plus it just makes ME uncomfortable. If I'm in love with someone and they are filling all my needs, I feel no need to use the site other than to just monitor my page/stories. To me,, when people disappear I always think they have something going right in their real life, and I try to be happy for them.

yeah i think you said it best
Lurker
0 likes
Just logged on tonight and realized one of my top friends is gone. Deleted with no goodbye message and no reason. Leaves me shaking my head that she would be gone with out even saying goodbye.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
What it comes down to is that some people come to be apart of the community for the long run, and others just pass through. Sure some connections may be made and some take them more seriously than others. I also agree with Jezziebelle...sometimes "real life" gets in the way. However, does that make what happens online unreal? I suppose the answer for some is "yes" which is why people disappear...

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

A.B.C. sweetie... Always Be Closing
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
I am missing missdelicious. I talked to her everyday and she deleted her account with no warning. Even after she talked me into keeping minesad