Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

PLEASE NO MEN! Options · View
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:23:14 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/12/2011
Posts: 543
Location: somewhere on the coast, United States
PLEASE NO MEN!
So is this the new 'code' word for someone who is really a man pretending to be a lesbian or bisexual female?

That is the first thing I suspect when I see it in a profile.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:53:41 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
laughing8

I think you may be correct, Missy!!
LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:04:01 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Sweetness

Joined: 9/10/2011
Posts: 2,345
Location: the sweet, sunny south, United States
lol... so does that mean it really gets results for these guys or do they just think it will????

Sirene_Jaune
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:31:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/6/2011
Posts: 771
Location: In my mind, Australia
You reminded me of a newbie female author who subheaded "I'm writing this story as I see there isn't many stories aimed for women."

I laughed out loud physically when I read that. Because yeah isn't there more female authors to male authors in ratio on lush? So of course there is many stories stories aimed for women.

As for the "Please no men" I find that laughable too. I can understand if it's a lesbian but I guess some guys are not in favour of talking to guys.

Axl - Take a look at our piercing menu.

Daria - I don't think that's how you spell "uvula."

Axl - That's not "uvula."

From: "Daria" episode "Pierce Me"
DLizze
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:17:32 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,552
I simply see it as a clear notice that whoever writes it is here only for the 'hookup' posibilities, and not worth my time.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:57:44 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
MissyLuvsYa wrote:
PLEASE NO MEN!
So is this the new 'code' word for someone who is really a man pretending to be a lesbian or bisexual female?

That is the first thing I suspect when I see it in a profile.


I believe you are correct. That's exactly how I see it! evil4
Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:03:46 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
That is how I see it too...

It's kind of rude, I mean, you don't have to accept anyone as a friend...
VickieLynn1
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 2:28:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/26/2011
Posts: 5,829
Location: So Cal, United States
actually no its not i have no men in my profile because i want only to talk with other cross dressers or women who want to talk to me its now about trying to score. oh wait a minute i keep forgetting that im lot older then and forget about the pettiness of some of the young in game playing im her fro reading and if something else comes by im not going to refuse it

nothing beats a luscious kiss from well painted lips ;) mmmmmmmmm...........
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 2:44:49 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
agreed. They're all 14 (mentally and emotionally) if not physically. Or, they're men. Or both.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 2:51:03 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,537
Location: My Tower, United States
ok, the other possibility (and i'm not discounting the OPs first assumption, i think there's truth in it) is that the whole 'no men' thing is a knee jerk reaction after getting bombarded with horny, bored, pushy, rude guys. while i am not at all about the whole 'no men' thing, i did recently change my sexual preference from bi to lesbian, so that the guys who don't know me, those few who take the time to read bios, won't hit on me. it gets OLD after a while being in chat rooms and just getting random 'want to cyber?' from guys based in nothing more then my gender.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:12:14 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
sprite wrote:
ok, the other possibility (and i'm not discounting the OPs first assumption, i think there's truth in it) is that the whole 'no men' thing is a knee jerk reaction after getting bombarded with horny, bored, pushy, rude guys. while i am not at all about the whole 'no men' thing, i did recently change my sexual preference from bi to lesbian, so that the guys who don't know me, those few who take the time to read bios, won't hit on me. it gets OLD after a while being in chat rooms and just getting random 'want to cyber?' from guys based in nothing more then my gender.


People read bios?? That's gotta be a first...

I seem to remember someone (sorry, I can't remember who) suggesting that you should only be able to make a friend request from profile pages, rather than from anywhere else...

I thought that was probably a good idea until I was downloading new software for my laptop tonight and I clicked the 'I accept the terms and conditions' box and I thought to myself, 'I never read those either'...

How about that Gav, a T&C box that you have to click to say that you've read and accepted the users profile conditions!! Hahahahahahah

d'oh!
poizenivy
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:41:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/5/2011
Posts: 9,099
Location: In a suspended state of permanent horniness, Unite
It could be a man posing as a female, which is truly sad, or it could be a woman that is fed up with men hitting her up for cyber, or could be a way to limit or screen potential friends. Either way if you don't want to be someones friend then don't accept. I get so many that sometimes I miss the ones I would like to add; more often then not, though, I just shake my head and hit delete.

I don't think its fair to assume that any female with that message is a male trolling.

Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Archadia
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:06:54 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 425
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Mazza wrote:
People read bios?? That's gotta be a first...


i read bois, i like to know a about people.

Yeah i get quite pissed off when i read a profile saying "NO MEN!", ok so you're a lesbian? Well what do you want a fucking trophy?

I can understand ladies not wanting to be bombarded with friend requests off tons of unwanted guys, particularly guys who are forward and have no tact (like sending messages saying "Hi baby im horny wanna fuck?") guys that do that are out of order, and probably deserve a slap, but if a girl put bisexual as her sexual preference, then surely guys are entitled to send a request. If they put lesbian, then any guy with half an ounce of common sense will not send a request, and the ones that still do can just be ignored. And yeah to be honest it would be an easy loophole for a guy to upload a few pics of a girl and pretend he is her, a little pathetic, but he would get what he wanted and all the girls who accepted him would not know any different. So at the end of the day, whats the point in writing it?
playsit
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 4:06:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/26/2011
Posts: 289
Location: Northeastern Untied Sates, United States
MissyLuvsYa wrote:
PLEASE NO MEN!
So is this the new 'code' word for someone who is really a man pretending to be a lesbian or bisexual female?

That is the first thing I suspect when I see it in a profile.


I just recently found out from a friend that one male had 3 Lush acounts posing as a woman, but he seemed to be after other men. I'm not sure what the homosexual male population is here, but I'm sure there are sites where he could be himself.

I agree with Sprite here: I can see a lady saying 'please no men'. There are so many juvenile and disrespectful males here that I'm sickened by them, and I don't have to fend them off with a stick. I love reading the 'Ask the Gals' forum for entertainment... I'm always amazed by their questions. Really, how many of you ladies take them serious?

Oh, and Mazza... There are those of us who read bios. This is a little off subject, so please forgive the side trail. I usually reach out for a new friend after seeing them in the forums for a while. That's where I learn a little about their personality. If a person catches my attention, then I open their profile and check a little further: bio, other forum posts, interests, number of friends. If things match up and it looks like we have more than sex in common (everyone here is connected by our love of sex), I'll send off a friend request.
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:30:04 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,905
Location: California
sprite wrote:
ok, the other possibility (and i'm not discounting the OPs first assumption, i think there's truth in it) is that the whole 'no men' thing is a knee jerk reaction after getting bombarded with horny, bored, pushy, rude guys. while i am not at all about the whole 'no men' thing, i did recently change my sexual preference from bi to lesbian, so that the guys who don't know me, those few who take the time to read bios, won't hit on me. it gets OLD after a while being in chat rooms and just getting random 'want to cyber?' from guys based in nothing more then my gender.


So are we going to cyber already or what? I've been putting in all this getting to know you bullshit for months now! Boner in hand baby, let's go.



Coco
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:55:42 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,446
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


So are we going to cyber already or what? I've been putting in all this getting to know you bullshit for months now! Boner in hand baby, let's go.


Felix I love your humor! And that is why I "friended" you oh and your stories are so hot!!

Sprite is on the money. I didn't add the "NO MEN PLEASE" because, hell I'm a big girl. I can say no...I don't say it often but it does happen.

essence45
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 9:22:09 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 9/9/2011
Posts: 11
It could be a guy trying to be liked and win friends or it may be genuine distaste for my gender, either way.... good luck to you

To quote Marx, Groucho, not Karl, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member. That said, I wouldn't kick down the door of a club that didn't want me either. Although i cant for the life of me fathom why anyone would blanket accept or restrict anyone without a moments consideration, i have to concede it is their choice. I feel that what is of relevance here is that someone would reject me because of my gender, irrelevant of what i have to say or how I behave or my inspiration for contacting them and not whether they or I am a girl, boy, man, woman, goat or hat rack.

It smacks of insecurity, immaturity or some degree of social ineptitude. But hey! Im just a "man" who likes to talk to people because they interest me and i hope a few friendships of varying intensities, shades and flirtatiousness from red hot to comfortably cool will develop over time.

Please feel free to disregard anything i say I was only typing out loud :)
sprite
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 9:57:17 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,537
Location: My Tower, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


So are we going to cyber already or what? I've been putting in all this getting to know you bullshit for months now! Boner in hand baby, let's go.


What, it's not enough we do it IRL, you want to cyber too?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Michael
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:02:44 AM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Expat in, Russia
I do sympathize with with any lady that feel so bombarded with requests that she feels the need to post "PLEASE NO MEN"; but is is rather offensive to us that are here as writers. I have friends that are gay, lesbian and straight, each is unique and I would hate to discriminate against any of them.
Here I have friends that are writers, who actually care about the stories they pen and the characters within.

Unfortunately, all to many men do come here looking for cheap thrills, nude photos and blind hookups. And they often find gals offering to tease the men along.

I had posted a comment on "Which improvement...", that I do wish that requesting someone to be a friend would open a message box to allow you to introduce yourself and explain why you are making the request.
Blind request for friends does not invite one to "Accept".

Perhaps that might solve the problem for all...coffee




overmykneenow
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:05:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,020
Location: United Kingdom
See also "I'm in a straight relationship at the moment, but have very naughty thoughts about girls" or "girls, my house-mate is also on lush check out his profile..."

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:06:16 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
FtLMale wrote:

I had posted a comment on "Which improvement...", that I do wish that requesting someone to be a friend would open a message box to allow you to introduce yourself and explain why you are making the request.
Blind request for friends does not invite one to "Accept".

Perhaps that might solve the problem for all...coffee


That is a lot of work for Gav, wouldn't you think?? I think MOST of us here are adults ... accept whomever you want or just delete them when you get friend requests. In the scheme of things, it really isn't that BIG of a deal to ignore pests.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:38:46 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,271
Location: West Coast
Faux Lesbian Guide:

1. Banner in-all-caps "NO MEN".
2. A full gallery of nude and semi-nude photos claiming to be them. Usually they are all headless with varying breast/nipple sizes, a self-pic in the mirror collection where you see 'she' is often using a number of different kinds of camera-phones in many of the pics OR it's a gallery-set of 12 pics of the same girl which all appear to be taken at the same time in a slow-undress in amazingly professional lighting.
3. This person doesn't write stories, nor do they vote/comment on any stories on the site. In fact the 'stories' bit in the url domain name goes mostly unacknowledged.
4. Their status updates declare that they are constantly wet and horny for other girls and tease with extravagant stories of how they just had an all-female orgy the night before or they sat masturbating on their female boss's desk that day wearing a see-through shirt and no panties.
5. They spend a lot of time commenting on other girl's photos on the site in an overly "I want to suck your dripping pussy" kind of way when they don't even know them.

I think those are the beginner's basics.

I am not looking for hook-ups, but I'm here to write, so I don't have any "no men, no lesbians, no transsexuals" rules governing my profile. I just judge on a person-by-person basis. It works pretty smoothly 95% of the time. People should be more concerned with the quality of the person than by their gender or sexual identification when it comes to building a friend list, in my opinion.


overmykneenow
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:45:10 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,020
Location: United Kingdom
Yahtzee wrote:


That is a lot of work for Gav, wouldn't you think?? I think MOST of us here are adults ... accept whomever you want or just delete them when you get friend requests. In the scheme of things, it really isn't that BIG of a deal to ignore pests.


Maybe we can ask for a new gender category "Not creepy Male"

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:49:12 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,905
Location: California
sprite wrote:


What, it's not enough we do it IRL, you want to cyber too?


Well... The IRL stuff is great, don't get me wrong... But you've recently admitted how your mind tends to wonder while I'm on top of you and you fixate on my nose hairs! When I create the theater of the mind my nose hairs are always trimmed/tucked properly.


Dancing Doll's guide is pretty spot on I think... You might add a penchant for declaring "nothing, he's a guy, with a penis" in the "what would you do to the person above you" threads.



TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:17:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,300
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
MissyLuvsYa wrote:
PLEASE NO MEN!
So is this the new 'code' word for someone who is really a man pretending to be a lesbian or bisexual female?

That is the first thing I suspect when I see it in a profile.


Its like a few things in my life... I invest about thirty seconds of thought into it and then move on.
IF they want to make an ass of themselves with me... then I'll invest another minute or so to tell them off - IF I believe they are worth even that much time.
But that applies to anyone, not just horny, creepy bastids pretending to be lesbians or bisexual females.

Guest
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:26:06 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
playsit wrote:
Oh, and Mazza... There are those of us who read bios. This is a little off subject, so please forgive the side trail. I usually reach out for a new friend after seeing them in the forums for a while. That's where I learn a little about their personality. If a person catches my attention, then I open their profile and check a little further: bio, other forum posts, interests, number of friends. If things match up and it looks like we have more than sex in common (everyone here is connected by our love of sex), I'll send off a friend request.


Yes, it was a sweeping generalisation, for comedic effect, but I have lost count of the number of requests I get from people who obviously haven't read my profile - it's not big deal - I am happy to eitehr accept or not.

I must say that I do like it when I get a nice PM from someone before they send a FR.

Also I love it when a FR comes in from someone you've been interacting with in the forums...
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:46:54 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
essence45 wrote:
It could be a guy trying to be liked and win friends or it may be genuine distaste for my gender, either way.... good luck to you

To quote Marx, Groucho, not Karl, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member. That said, I wouldn't kick down the door of a club that didn't want me either. Although i cant for the life of me fathom why anyone would blanket accept or restrict anyone without a moments consideration, i have to concede it is their choice. I feel that what is of relevance here is that someone would reject me because of my gender, irrelevant of what i have to say or how I behave or my inspiration for contacting them and not whether they or I am a girl, boy, man, woman, goat or hat rack.

It smacks of insecurity, immaturity or some degree of social ineptitude. But hey! Im just a "man" who likes to talk to people because they interest me and i hope a few friendships of varying intensities, shades and flirtatiousness from red hot to comfortably cool will develop over time.

Please feel free to disregard anything i say I was only typing out loud :)


This was very well said.
sprite
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:51:12 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,537
Location: My Tower, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


Well... The IRL stuff is great, don't get me wrong... But you've recently admitted how your mind tends to wonder while I'm on top of you and you fixate on my nose hairs! When I create the theater of the mind my nose hairs are always trimmed/tucked properly.


Dancing Doll's guide is pretty spot on I think... You might add a penchant for declaring "nothing, he's a guy, with a penis" in the "what would you do to the person above you" threads.


Oh, Felix, I wasn't talking about YOUR nose hairs. Your's are always quite well groomed. in fact, my mind rarely wonders when we're together, and really, that thing you do doesn't bother me too much, when you sing the 7 dwarves "Hi Ho" song during anal, although it is a little weird...

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
redhotfun4u
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:08:13 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/7/2009
Posts: 29
Location: New England
Believe it or not, prior to chatting with someone I always go to the profile page. I won't chat with someone who doesn't put any info up. Not to mention I always like the ones that initiate a chat and when I ask how they are doing, the response is that they are bored and horny and really wet from reading stories. It would be like standing in a bar and having someone walk up to you and say hey do you want to fuck?

I always try to be respectful to whomever I am chatting with.
Buz
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:09:23 PM

Rank: The Linebacker

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 5,789
Location: Atlanta, United States
This thread is quite entertaining! Missy had already relayed her suspicions about the NO MEN! thing awhile back and Dancing_Doll made some great observations. The fun banter between Sprite and Magical-Felix was highly entertaining as always.

I have noticed that any real lesbians in real life that I have known had guy friends for friends and gay guys have women for friends too. Certainly there are lots of people that are friends and sex has nothing to do with it.

As a straight male I do not want to jump every females bones (okay maybe when I was 19, I mean those hormones were out of control. non-stop erection and all, brain did not function properly...you know!!!) But now I just like to be friends. Besides I am with the woman that really raises the flag up my pole anyhow.

And believe me if their bio says NO MEN! I am thinking either it is a man or someone with a very small mind. Actually a man with a small mind and probably a small member, too. haha

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.