Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

You might be a terrorist, if... Options · View
Buz
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 5:51:40 AM

Before the thread was jacked we almost had a good discussion about overly oppressive government using "anti-terrorism" as an excuse for destroying the constitution in order to give themselves dictatorial power over our lives.

"Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine."
- A Law Decree, Nazi Germany (Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons), 1938

What came next? GENOCIDE

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President of the United States

Pretzel
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 6:50:57 AM

Archadia wrote:
I would like somebody to explain to me just one benefit, from owning or having or using a gun. But dont just state the benefit, as thats selfish, instead, try to justify the use of one. If somebody burgled my house, i would want to hurt them, alot, but not kill them, thats completely insane, so why the fuck would I shoot them? And that goes for most crimes. In fact, i dont agree with killing anybody, anywhere, for anything. There are far more effective ways of gaining retribution and justice (although they are not exactly exercized in most countries). And thats what the police are there for. When it comes to guns, the cons always outweigh the pros.

Oh and also:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

I am a proud gun owner. I own several in fact including a few handguns. I live in a quiet and decent neighborhood. I also have a small child. If someone were to break in to my house i'm going to do whatever I have to, to protect my child.

People that break in to your house while you are home are desperate, probably drug related and not in their right mind. Killing you and your family to ensure that they don't get caught would make perfect sense in that frame of mind. Even if that wasn't the case, how am I to know that? Why should I assume otherwise and risk the life of my family? Sure I would try to call the police but NOT until I was certain my family was safe first.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't think it would take more than the sound of my 12 gauge shotgun chambering a round to get the intruder out of my house.

Also there are a lot of bears in this area that have broken into peoples houses so having a shotgun makes sense.

The bottom line is that a responsible gun owner is not a threat to you.

If you really believe that it's better to have yourself and your family killed by an intruder than it is to kill them first then I will respect your beliefs but I just will never understand that.

keoloke
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:24:42 AM

Archadia wrote:
I would like somebody to explain to me just one benefit, from owning or having or using a gun. But dont just state the benefit, as thats selfish, instead, try to justify the use of one. If somebody burgled my house, i would want to hurt them, alot, but not kill them, thats completely insane, so why the fuck would I shoot them? And that goes for most crimes. In fact, i dont agree with killing anybody, anywhere, for anything. There are far more effective ways of gaining retribution and justice (although they are not exactly exercized in most countries). And thats what the police are there for. When it comes to guns, the cons always outweigh the pros.

Oh and also:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Always agreed with that! Thanks.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.