Your Favorite Quotes

last reply
150 replies
14.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

"When it's to hard for you, it's just right for me."- My Grandfather Papa

"A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman." -Wallace Stevens

"This suspense is terrible.I hope it will last."-Oscar Wilde

"The best thing is to shut the door on what you don't need...but you don't have to shut out the good parts at the same time."-Anonymous

"I want to do to you what spring does to the cherry trees." -Pablo Neruda

"All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."-Ellen Glasgow

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song".-Lou Holtz

"Freedom is not a place up in the mountains, nor is it through music or religion, Freedom is finding peace with ones self and achieving good balance no matter what comes at you".-Me

"Defeat your enemies with success".-Busta Rhymes
Lurker
0 likes
"I'm not mean. I'm sincere." (my sister)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
“The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him.”

"Live, laugh, love"

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip. ~Jonathan Carroll

“Love is when two people know everything about eachother and are still friends.”

"The road to success is always under construction"

"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."
i love dirty nasty filthy steamy hot sex!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fairytales don't teach children that monsters exist, they already know that monsters exist. Fairytales teach children that monsters can be killed.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
People are like slinkies, basically useless but you can't help but laugh when one falls down the stairs"
Lurker
0 likes
Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable we have to change it every six months.

F in English? You speak English!

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.

Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.

The healthy man does not torture others. Generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
we are all worms... but i do believe i am a glowworm. -winston churchhill

"Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found." -James Russell Lowell

"Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything." Henry Miller

there are some i love that it just depends on the day....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” -General George S. Patton
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
there are soooo many to choose from!!

may the fleas of a thousand camels land in your enemy's crotch and their arms too short to scratch....arbic proverb

“People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they have not communicated with each other.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. Maya Angelou
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Lurker
0 likes
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."- dr.seuss
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
Richard Dawkins

Technology is getting so stupidly powerful. For example, my iPod holds 3,000 albums. I own, like, 90 albums. My iPod sits at home, sullen and frustrated and underused, like a wife who gave up her career and the kids turned out to be shite.
Dara O'Briain

If we were truly created by God, why do we occasionally bite the insides of our mouths?
Dara O'Briain

Michael Collins
Once I start, they'll be no stopping me.

Michael Collins
We have a weapon more powerful... than any in the whole arsenal of the British Empire! That weapon... is our refusal!
Lurker
0 likes
"its not about the destination, its about the journey" James Cook (Skins)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein.
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by jess191
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
Richard Dawkins

Technology is getting so stupidly powerful. For example, my iPod holds 3,000 albums. I own, like, 90 albums. My iPod sits at home, sullen and frustrated and underused, like a wife who gave up her career and the kids turned out to be shite.
Dara O'Briain

If we were truly created by God, why do we occasionally bite the insides of our mouths?
Dara O'Briain

Michael Collins
Once I start, they'll be no stopping me.

Michael Collins
We have a weapon more powerful... than any in the whole arsenal of the British Empire! That weapon... is our refusal!

Loving the O'Briain Quotes Jess. smile
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." Zora Neale Hurston
Lurker
0 likes
"Fine: Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional"-The Italian Job
Lurker
0 likes
ain oyg lached ain oyg vaint. (german/yiddish for one eye laughs while the other eye cries)

too many cook spoil the broth/many hands make light work. (ok these two are exact opposits always found it funny.)

Absence make the heart grow fonder/out of sight out of mind (also two opposits i found funny.)
Clumeleon
0 likes
From Spongebob Squarepants:

Squidward: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?
Mr Krabs: What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
Lurker
0 likes
"Nobody Knows Anything." (Screenwriter William Goldman on Hollywood.)

"Some of us are lying in the gutter but we are staring at the stars. Some of us are just lying in the gutter throwing up..." (Stephanie Stone on Reality....)

xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"It is almost always a mistake to learn from experience" - Edward Bond silly
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"You can never have too many friends"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"You can kick a dead horse all you want, but it doen't me he's going to drink the water"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lady Astor "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea,"

Winston Churchill "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"
Clever Gem
0 likes
"Just help yourself to the cuffs in the bedside cabinet and make sure that you are firmly attached to the bed..."
(a friend)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person. Margaret Anderson
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Alphamagus
Lady Astor "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea,"

Winston Churchill "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Also:

Lady Astor "Mr. Churchill, you are drunk, very drunk."

Winston Churchill "Madam, you are ugly, very ugly. Tomorrow I shall be sober!"
News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) via charmbrights@yahoo.co.uk
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)
News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) via charmbrights@yahoo.co.uk
Lurker
0 likes
Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty- five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.

Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
today this one....

“may your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. i hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. and i hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” ― neil gaiman