Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How slutty are you? http://www.okcupid.com/the-slut-test Options · View
AvaMarie
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:34:27 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/19/2013
Posts: 43
Location: London, United Kingdom
I got...
46% Slut

Your above score was normalized against the average, so don’t even TRY to disagree with us. Science is certain, and so are we: you are absolutely 46% slutty.

I'm happy with that aha, although a bit higher would show how naughty I am ;)
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:06:30 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
AvaMarieex wrote:
I got...
46% Slut

Your above score was normalized against the average, so don’t even TRY to disagree with us. Science is certain, and so are we: you are absolutely 46% slutty.

I'm happy with that aha, although a bit higher would show how naughty I am ;)


Naughty and slutty are very different things. One is positive, the other to me is negative. I'd be happy with that score, but that would mean actually doing a silly test about Sluttiness. I am not slutty. I am very naughty and highly particular. Why be proud of a high slut score? That does not compute with me at all.

AvaMarie
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:24:57 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/19/2013
Posts: 43
Location: London, United Kingdom
crazydiamond wrote:


Naughty and slutty are very different things. One is positive, the other to me is negative. I'd be happy with that score, but that would mean actually doing a silly test about Sluttiness. I am not slutty. I am very naughty and highly particular. Why be proud of a high slut score? That does not compute with me at all.


I know that... And I did actually say I'm happy with my score... But everyone has their own opinions. In my own opinion, a slutty person is obviously extremely naughty. Now, I'm not saying I want to be a slut because I actually have better aspirations in life. All I meant was I'd like to be a bit more naughtier because I'm sometimes far too bored with myself. Ok thanks...
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:16:45 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
I got 83% Slut.

I am very pro women exploring and celebrating their sexuality in any way they desire, so I have zero issue with the word 'slut'. It should be a fun, positive, playful word when used correctly.

I also don't believe there should be any negative labels on either gender when it comes to their own personal sexual choices of how they want to live their lives provided they do it safely and in a positive way.

There's insecurity and fear at the root of all judgement.

Besides, negative labels are subjective. When someone is on their death bed or languishing in an old age home, are they really going to reflect on their sexual histories and regret all the kinky wild stuff they did on the basis that some random stranger might want to label it as 'slutty'? Doubt it.

Live life as you want it. Support your fellow women with their own personal choices. That's the healthiest attitude to have, in my opinion. There's been too many decades of women repressing their sexuality or tearing each other down for fear of judgement.


LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:39:50 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
crazydiamond wrote:


Naughty and slutty are very different things. One is positive, the other to me is negative. I'd be happy with that score, but that would mean actually doing a silly test about Sluttiness. I am not slutty. I am very naughty and highly particular. Why be proud of a high slut score? That does not compute with me at all.


To be fair though, your reaction seems to be all about the word 'slut' and not about one's choice to seek or accept multiple partners (or at least I hope so). There's no doubt that 'slut' has traditionally had a bad connotation, but that's something that finger-wagging prudes and sexist men have foisted on us; that doesn't mean we have to play by those rules.

All the same, ok-cupid tests are kind of stupid, and to each his or her own, but surely none of us would say that simply being adventurous and possibly aggressive sexually (which is what will yield a high score) is something to be ashamed of. If I'm called slutty in a bad context, yes, those are fighting words. But frankly, if a strange guy calls me naughty, I'm very creeped out LOL.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:43:37 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,419
Location: My Tower, United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I got 83% Slut.

I am very pro women exploring and celebrating their sexuality in any way they desire, so I have zero issue with the word 'slut'. It should be a fun, positive, playful word when used correctly.

I also don't believe there should be any negative labels on either gender when it comes to their own personal sexual choices of how they want to live their lives provided they do it safely and in a positive way.

There's insecurity and fear at the root of all judgement.

Besides, negative labels are subjective. When someone is on their death bed or languishing in an old age home, are they really going to reflect on their sexual histories and regret all the kinky wild stuff they did on the basis that some random stranger might want to label it as 'slutty'? Doubt it.

Live life as you want it. Support your fellow women with their own personal choices. That's the healthiest attitude to have, in my opinion. There's been too many decades of women repressing their sexuality or tearing each other down for fear of judgement.


post of the week - couldn't have said it any better myself - for the record, i am a slut. just ask my wife, or my Mistress, or my girlfriend. i don't say that with embarrassment - it doesn't mean i go have sex with anyone or anywhere - i am particular. it does mean i am un-inhibited and feel free to explore my sexuality however and with whomever i want - it doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't hurt me, in fact, it elevates me - i'm at my happiest and best when i am feeling like a sexual being and being a slut is part of that. oh, and yes, i do consider myself a femenist - i believe that woman should have the freedom to act how they wish without being in danger of being judged - strangely, i think we tend to judge our own gender more then guys do - i think (hope) that with each generation, that lessens, tho, and that it becomes less about the traditional date, marry, have babies roles and women feel comfortable living the life they choose, not the one they feel pressured into. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:54:09 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
LadyX wrote:


To be fair though, your reaction seems to be all about the word 'slut' and not about one's choice to seek or accept multiple partners (or at least I hope so). There's no doubt that 'slut' has traditionally had a bad connotation, but that's something that finger-wagging prudes and sexist men have foisted on us; that doesn't mean we have to play by those rules.

All the same, ok-cupid tests are kind of stupid, and to each his or her own, but surely none of us would say that simply being adventurous and possibly aggressive sexually (which is what will yield a high score) is something to be ashamed of. If I'm called slutty in a bad context, yes, those are fighting words. But frankly, if a strange guy calls me naughty, I'm very creeped out LOL.


hahaha! I'd be creeped out by that too!
I'm totally being misunderstood here. I am all for being sexually adventurous and/or agessive, explore whatever you feel you want to. I don't like the word, that's all, and i thought it was a shitty thing to have to wish you scored higher on a "slut test" to show you were those things. You don't.
I don't like the word, "but that's something that finger-wagging prudes and sexist men have foisted on us" and that is why there are far better words that could be used to compliment woman who enjoy a healthy dose of the old in and out, I was merely stating my opinion on it.

overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:03:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,017
Location: United Kingdom
Filthy girls! The lot of you!

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
sprite
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:24:21 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,419
Location: My Tower, United States
crazydiamond wrote:


hahaha! I'd be creeped out by that too!
I'm totally being misunderstood here. I am all for being sexually adventurous and/or agessive, explore whatever you feel you want to. I don't like the word, that's all, and i thought it was a shitty thing to have to wish you scored higher on a "slut test" to show you were those things. You don't.
I don't like the word, "but that's something that finger-wagging prudes and sexist men have foisted on us" and that is why there are far better words that could be used to compliment woman who enjoy a healthy dose of the old in and out, I was merely stating my opinion on it.


i get this, CD. that said, it's like the N word. i OWN the word 'slut', just like i own 'bitch' and 'cunt' and yes, even 'whore'. they can't hurt me, cause i don't let them. oh, and i've become rather fond of 'fuck toy' lately, too :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:29:46 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 531,823
crazydiamond wrote:


hahaha! I'd be creeped out by that too!
I'm totally being misunderstood here. I am all for being sexually adventurous and/or agessive, explore whatever you feel you want to. I don't like the word, that's all, and i thought it was a shitty thing to have to wish you scored higher on a "slut test" to show you were those things. You don't.
I don't like the word, "but that's something that finger-wagging prudes and sexist men have foisted on us" and that is why there are far better words that could be used to compliment woman who enjoy a healthy dose of the old in and out, I was merely stating my opinion on it.


I agree with you. Sure, one can take a word to be positive or negative...but the word 'slut' is deemed, by society, to be a negative thing. It's a bit like I don't mind calling myself stupid, that's fine...but if you call me stupid we're going to have issues.

Slut is deemed to be a negative word. Therefore I don't like it being aimed at me just because I enjoy sex and often have sex outside of being in a relationship (oo-err, nawty! eye roll), or have different sexual partners within x period of time.

I can call myself a slut. Hell, a guy can call me his little slut whilst he's fucking me if he's in to that kind of thing....but I'm not having people aiming the word slut at me in any other sense.

Some of my more conservative friends have always been surprised at my sex life over the years, jokingly saying 'you're such a slut!'. No. I enjoy sex. Find a better term to describe that...or I'll have to start calling you a bitch ;)
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:31:22 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
overmykneenow wrote:
Filthy girls! The lot of you!


oh yes ...far better!

What I find amusing though, is I directed another male friend to this thread and he immediatly said "You're no Slut!!"
He knows exactly what I get up to, and still sees a difference between a sexually adventurous woman and the word slut.

Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:52:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,624
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
It says Im 78% slutty!!

Guess you can be slutty without being a total slut!!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:52:51 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
crazydiamond wrote:


oh yes ...far better!

What I find amusing though, is I directed another male friend to this thread and he immediatly said "You're no Slut!!"
He knows exactly what I get up to, and still sees a difference between a sexually adventurous woman and the word slut.


This is exactly what I mean though. What IS a 'slut'? Like obviously there is a meaning that people are attaching to this word. What is the definition? A promiscuous sexually assertive woman who enjoys sex? Something worse? Why is this type of woman so bad, regardless of what you want to call her.

I get the argument about semantics or not liking a specific word. But in order to attach a negative meaning to a word, those negativities have to exist in the first place, or we recognize them to exist as a way to describe someone. It's not just the word - it's what they represent. And what they represent is judgment or negative interpretation of sexuality.

Like saying "I'm not a slut - I'm very particular"... you can take the word itself out of the equation and just say - "I am not promiscuous - because that's a bad thing". It basically means the same thing because there's that underlying fear of being labeled as such or a kind of division that we recognize between 'types' of women and what we don't want to be seen as.

It's this age old terror of 'sexual numbers', and promiscuity, and sexual preferences, assertiveness and unusual kinks. Why do we feel the need to make these divisions at all or see negativity in them that we care so much about telling people what we are not with the underlying insinuation that one is bad and the other is good.

That's what I meant. It's not the word - it's the energy behind the word that still unfortunately exists and is perpetuated.


lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:01:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,372
Location: Alabama, United States
I understand what CD is saying. As well as what DD is saying.

For some, the term slut is a bad word. They see "slut" as someone who uses sex like a drug. They don't really like sex but don't really have anything else to do. They may not even be attracted to the guy they're fucking, but just seeking out that temporary acceptance and good feeling. As soon as the fucking is done, her own demons come right back and she looks for another cock to fill her.

For the record, there are just as many guys that fill that definition as there are women.

I don't care if a woman sleeps with one guy or one million. The number or partners or the "kinks" she enjoys don't necessarily make her a "slut".





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:09:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,624
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Slut? Promiscuous? These are very subjective words. If you go by the true meaning, slut generally implies a prostitute. But everyone has their own definition. I know a woman who says her daughter, her 27yo daughter is a slut because she has sex with her BF. That any woman who has sex before marriage is a slut. And promiscuity? What does that really mean? Sex with 2 people? With 5? 10? Anyone with a pulse?

It all depends on the context in which the word is used. But either way they are just words. I dont care waht people label me as long as I know what I truly am. I always use the phrase sexually adventurous to describe myself. If some people take that to mean Im a slut,so be it. Im a Slut, well 78% of one anyhow!

BTW, I say Im a slut on my profile only because I dont like the other choices, LOL!!
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:10:01 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
I'm gonna have to agree to disagree, I don't like the word.


SLUT:
there can be 2 definitions: one negative, the other positive...

1. a girl who has sex but does not enjoy it, who is used by guys and lets them do it. She does not have the self respect to make them stop.

2. a girl who likes sex, so she does it. She probably is not in a relationship, and she equalizes herself to guys by treating sex the same way they do.

The difference between the two examples of what society labels as "sluts" is that one has self respect, the other does not. No one should be called a slut anyway, especially when the name "slut" is a purely judgemental and stereotypical one, and no one really knows the real story behind it all, which is pretty much always the case.
"She has sex...therefore she must be a slut."

I completely disagree with that, but thats how society sees it.

The other ..Older definition is basically a dirty prostitute. Sorry I son't think anyone should be called that.

The word is just tacky and cheap. You are right I don't want to be seen as that, because I am not.

Promiscuity may or may not be a bad thing, it's usually a cure for something else.

Sexual preferences, assertiveness and unusual kinks, has nothing to do with the word "slut".

As Sprite said, the particulars are what's the difference.

But back to the reason I originally posted, I still don't think it very clever that someone wished they scored higher on a "slut test" to show they were into a bit of naughty.

I think the funniest part of this could be I scored around 86, But I'll still never accept the word slut! bunny

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:13:32 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
lafayettemister wrote:
I understand what CD is saying. As well as what DD is saying.

For some, the term slut is a bad word. They see "slut" as someone who uses sex like a drug. They don't really like sex but don't really have anything else to do. They may not even be attracted to the guy they're fucking, but just seeking out that temporary acceptance and good feeling. As soon as the fucking is done, her own demons come right back and she looks for another cock to fill her.

For the record, there are just as many guys that fill that definition as there are women.

I don't care if a woman sleeps with one guy or one million. The number or partners or the "kinks" she enjoys don't necessarily make her a "slut".


I think it's more that we are judging strangers (men and woman) for their sexual habits at all. Like why should we care? Why are we doing this? But we create these negative labels and then men and woman get nervous about being labeled as such and some (under that pressure) end up changing their behaviour or repressing their desires to conform to this ridiculous notion that puritanical society has placed upon us... when really - sex is nobody's business if that person is happy and sexually fulfilled.

Like sometimes I get mail from women who say my stories are like their "dirty little secret" and they're embarrassed to even admit to themselves that they like sex like that and that it turns them on. It's kind of become my soapbox cause in a way. lol Because it's all based on labels and fear of judgment. Some of us feel like we have to limit and repress what we really want to do and explore because of that notion of how we might look to others (to our partners, friends, society or whatever). I was this way too at one point to be honest - and it's so much more liberating (and sexually enjoyable) to *not* be this way.


crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:26:21 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I think it's more that we are judging strangers (men and woman) for their sexual habits at all. Like why should we care? Why are we doing this? But we create these negative labels and then men and woman get nervous about being labeled as such and some (under that pressure) end up changing their behaviour or repressing their desires to conform to this ridiculous notion that puritanical society has placed upon us... when really - sex is nobody's business if that person is happy and sexually fulfilled.

Like sometimes I get mail from women who say my stories are like their "dirty little secret" and they're embarrassed to even admit to themselves that they like sex like that and that it turns them on. It's kind of become my soapbox cause in a way. lol Because it's all based on labels and fear of judgment. Some of us feel like we have to limit and repress what we really want to do and explore because of that notion of how we might look to others (to our partners, friends, society or whatever). I was this way too at one point to be honest - and it's so much more liberating (and sexually enjoyable) to *not* be this way.


First bold- I'm not judging, for I could be judged, I just hate the word.

Second bold- Sex is not dirty in any way, it's human, I just hate the connotation and disrespectful tone of the word slut. Simple. And with that I really should go fold some sexy fucking slutty towels. JOY!

Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:29:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,624
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
crazydiamond wrote:


First bold- I'm not judging, for I could be judged, I just hate the word.

Second bold- Sex is not dirty in any way, it's human, I just hate the connotation and disrespectful tone of the word slut. Simple. And with that I really should go fold some sexy fucking slutty towels. JOY!


How dare you call your towels slutty!! Have they been fucking the pillow cases again?
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:31:08 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Nikki703 wrote:


How dare you call your towels slutty!! Have they been fucking the pillow cases again?


It's the static cling! They are fucking anything that tumble dries!

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:33:43 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
crazydiamond wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree to disagree, I don't like the word.


SLUT:
there can be 2 definitions: one negative, the other positive...

1. a girl who has sex but does not enjoy it, who is used by guys and lets them do it. She does not have the self respect to make them stop.

2. a girl who likes sex, so she does it. She probably is not in a relationship, and she equalizes herself to guys by treating sex the same way they do.


Promiscuity may or may not be a bad thing, it's usually a cure for something else.


I get that some people don't like the word 'slut'.

But again - I don't care about the 'word' - more that the intention behind the word exists at all in today's world.

And the assumption that a promiscuous woman isn't enjoying herself or possibly has some mental issue that she's trying to escape from by having sex with lots of men. The notion that she's being "used by them". Who makes this assertion or assumption? Society. Because we (as a whole) still say promiscuity is bad.

The act itself is "woman having sex with multiple partners". That's all we know about her. Who are we to say this is unnatural or negative or a symptom of an underlying psychological problem. Everything else we put on that is judgement. Why are we judging?

That's what I'd love for society to get beyond. That any person might want to do something boldly sexual or controversial (whatever it is) but thinks twice, hesitates or fears being labeled as something negative/shameful or seen in a certain light by people who have no business pointing fingers at all. Cause really it's just sex. It's a physical expression. We shouldn't impose limitations on ourselves based on social labels.

Hope I'm making sense. The word itself is irrelevant to me.


lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:36:07 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,372
Location: Alabama, United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I think it's more that we are judging strangers (men and woman) for their sexual habits at all. Like why should we care? Why are we doing this? But we create these negative labels and then men and woman get nervous about being labeled as such and some (under that pressure) end up changing their behaviour or repressing their desires to conform to this ridiculous notion that puritanical society has placed upon us... when really - sex is nobody's business if that person is happy and sexually fulfilled.

Like sometimes I get mail from women who say my stories are like their "dirty little secret" and they're embarrassed to even admit to themselves that they like sex like that and that it turns them on. It's kind of become my soapbox cause in a way. lol Because it's all based on labels and fear of judgment. Some of us feel like we have to limit and repress what we really want to do and explore because of that notion of how we might look to others (to our partners, friends, society or whatever). I was this way too at one point to be honest - and it's so much more liberating (and sexually enjoyable) to *not* be this way.


I'm not judging anyone, never said that these people are bad people or criminal. And the negative labels were around long before even I was around. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sex and whatever behavior that turns you on. None whatsoever. But there are people who have sex and don't really WANT to have sex. They feel they MUST have sex, have nothing else to offer. It has nothing to do with sex or being happy and sexually fulfilled, I have no problem with that. But sex is the means by which they gain acceptance.

Your second paragraph is very true, but nothing to do with the first. Two totally separate issues.

Number of partners is irrelevant to me. A woman can fuck 100 men one time each, and another woman can fuck the same man 1000 times. Which one is more "used up" or "slutty"? Neither really, but society would say the first. But the second has more mileage on her. Not that it matters, just shows the inaccuracy of the term.

Btw, I'm a total slut. Even though I enjoy sex, I still fall closer to the definition in my first paragraph.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:42:30 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I get that some people don't like the word 'slut'.

But again - I don't care about the 'word' - more that the intention behind the word exists at all in today's world.

And the assumption that a promiscuous woman isn't enjoying herself or possibly has some mental issue that she's trying to escape from by having sex with lots of men. The notion that she's being "used by them". Who makes this assertion or assumption? Society. Because we (as a whole) still say promiscuity is bad.

The act itself is "woman having sex with multiple partners". That's all we know about her. Who are we to say this is unnatural or negative or a symptom of an underlying psychological problem. Everything else we put on that is judgement. Why are we judging?

That's what I'd love for society to get beyond. That any person might want to do something boldly sexual or controversial (whatever it is) but thinks twice, hesitates or fears being labeled as something negative/shameful or seen in a certain light by people who have no business pointing fingers at all. Cause really it's just sex. It's a physical expression. We shouldn't impose limitations on ourselves based on social labels.




Hope I'm making sense. The word itself is irrelevant to me.


It's the WORD. I give up.....

The rest is irellavent to me.
Do what you like, I've maybe done it ... It's all good, but that word is shitty. That's it . No pshycological grand reasearch debate about slut and society and womens rights and effing sisterhood , oh my god.
Labels and shame and all that shite thats NOT WHAT I'M ON ABOUT, the word just bugs me. It's shitty. Christ this was way more effing think tank then i was prepared for tonight... I got a database to design. I still hate the word SLUT.




Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:44:04 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,624
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I get that some people don't like the word 'slut'.

But again - I don't care about the 'word' - more that the intention behind the word exists at all in today's world.

And the assumption that a promiscuous woman isn't enjoying herself or possibly has some mental issue that she's trying to escape from by having sex with lots of men. The notion that she's being "used by them". Who makes this assertion or assumption? Society. Because we (as a whole) still say promiscuity is bad.

The act itself is "woman having sex with multiple partners". That's all we know about her. Who are we to say this is unnatural or negative or a symptom of an underlying psychological problem. Everything else we put on that is judgement. Why are we judging?

That's what I'd love for society to get beyond. That any person might want to do something boldly sexual or controversial (whatever it is) but thinks twice, hesitates or fears being labeled as something negative/shameful or seen in a certain light by people who have no business pointing fingers at all. Cause really it's just sex. It's a physical expression. We shouldn't impose limitations on ourselves based on social labels.

Hope I'm making sense. The word itself is irrelevant to me.


Words we should all live by. Sex is just that, sex!! Its not love. Most people just cant make this distinction. If you believe, you should only have sex with someone you are in love with, I can respect that even if I disagree with it. But to say it is OK to have sex with one or two people you dont love but if you have sex with 10 people you dont love you are a slut, tramp (insert word of choice here), well that doesnt make any sense to me.

Why should we deprive ourselves of pleasure if we want to enjoy multiple partners? I know this whole discussion is more about the word then the meaning, but we as a society are just too hung up on labels and sex in general!!

Sorry for the rant!!
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:45:16 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
lafayettemister wrote:


I'm not judging anyone, never said that these people are bad people or criminal. And the negative labels were around long before even I was around. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sex and whatever behavior that turns you on. None whatsoever. But there are people who have sex and don't really WANT to have sex. They feel they MUST have sex, have nothing else to offer. It has nothing to do with sex or being happy and sexually fulfilled, I have no problem with that. But sex is the means by which they gain acceptance.

Your second paragraph is very true, but nothing to do with the first. Two totally separate issues.

Number of partners is irrelevant to me. A woman can fuck 100 men one time each, and another woman can fuck the same man 1000 times. Which one is more "used up" or "slutty"? Neither really, but society would say the first. But the second has more mileage on her. Not that it matters, just shows the inaccuracy of the term.

Btw, I'm a total slut. Even though I enjoy sex, I still fall closer to the definition in my first paragraph.


You dirty slut. If you ever dare return that compliment, I'll have you by the balls ;) xx
(just how you like it )


Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:51:37 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
crazydiamond wrote:


It's the WORD. I give up.....

The rest is irellavent to me.
Do what you like, I've maybe done it ... It's all good, but that word is shitty. That's it . No pshycological grand reasearch debate about slut and society and womens rights and effing sisterhood , oh my god.
Labels and shame and all that shite thats NOT WHAT I'M ON ABOUT, the word just bugs me. It's shitty. Christ this was way more effing think tank then i was prepared for tonight... I got a database to design. I still hate the word SLUT.




You do realize that forum replies aren't mandatory, right?

Good luck with your database. :)


Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:53:28 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,234
Location: West Coast
Nikki703 wrote:


Words we should all live by. Sex is just that, sex!! Its not love. Most people just cant make this distinction. If you believe, you should only have sex with someone you are in love with, I can respect that even if I disagree with it. But to say it is OK to have sex with one or two people you dont love but if you have sex with 10 people you dont love you are a slut, tramp (insert word of choice here), well that doesnt make any sense to me.

Why should we deprive ourselves of pleasure if we want to enjoy multiple partners? I know this whole discussion is more about the word then the meaning, but we as a society are just too hung up on labels and sex in general!!

Sorry for the rant!!


Absolutely! You got it perfect. :)


crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:53:40 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Dancing_Doll wrote:


You do realize that forum replies aren't mandatory, right?

Good luck with your database. :)


meow

Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:25:02 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/29/2012
Posts: 594
Location: Netherlands
The Results ARE IN! You are

68% Slut

Your above score was normalized against the average, so don’t even TRY to disagree with us. Science is certain, and so are we: you are absolutely 68% slutty.


My newest story: Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected orgy

Lessons from a Naugthy Nurse: Scott learns all about oral sex from his nurse
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:02:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 531,823
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I get that some people don't like the word 'slut'.

But again - I don't care about the 'word' - more that the intention behind the word exists at all in today's world.

And the assumption that a promiscuous woman isn't enjoying herself or possibly has some mental issue that she's trying to escape from by having sex with lots of men. The notion that she's being "used by them". Who makes this assertion or assumption? Society. Because we (as a whole) still say promiscuity is bad.

The act itself is "woman having sex with multiple partners". That's all we know about her. Who are we to say this is unnatural or negative or a symptom of an underlying psychological problem. Everything else we put on that is judgement. Why are we judging?

That's what I'd love for society to get beyond. That any person might want to do something boldly sexual or controversial (whatever it is) but thinks twice, hesitates or fears being labeled as something negative/shameful or seen in a certain light by people who have no business pointing fingers at all. Cause really it's just sex. It's a physical expression. We shouldn't impose limitations on ourselves based on social labels.

Hope I'm making sense. The word itself is irrelevant to me.


I think we all hope for society to get beyond the stage it's at; particularly with the attitude people (namely men) have towards women that enjoy sex. I certainly think that everyone posting here hopes so!

I don't know if it's even so much about 'not liking the word slut'. I mean, I LOVE the word cunt. Truly. I love using it to describe people I hate, in a jokey fashion with friends etc and, sometimes, in the bedroom. But I wouldn't like someone to call me a cunt.

I don't mind the WORD slut. It's a word...sometimes it reminds me of the word slug, but I ignore my fucktarded brain and get over that. What I don't like is the INTENT behind the word. That's what makes the word so ugly.

Yes, we can take a word to mean whatever we want...but I'm sure most females here, and in the big wide world, have had the word 'slut' used towards them in a hurtful manner. And that they've been hurt by it. I'm not the 'victim' type, nobody bothers to pick on me, but I've definitely had my heart, emotions and head hurt by being called a slut by someone who put a horrible intent behind it.

EDIT: DD, this isn't really particularly aimed at you. Your post just initiated this rambling waffle of mine.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.