Moving

last reply
44 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Seeker
0 likes
I am so annoyed cause I am moving. I am packing right now...Well, had to take a break because I despise moving. I am going to be offline until the cable/phone company brings my new house (aka..fred flinstones old house) up to date. It has never had cable or internet in it. May take a while...
God, do I hate moving...Everything is a mess and I am about half out of my mind right now!!! Sorry for the useless post everyone....
Matriarch
0 likes
Best of luck with the move Lil_Birdie. Moving does indeed suck royally.

Catch you on the other side
Lush Legend
0 likes
Good luck birdie......I went through the same ordeal about a month ago and it SUCKED so I feel for ya.....

We'll miss ya lil' birdie.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Seeker
0 likes
Just an update on my moving situation...I am doing this from work right now...
Got it all moved in one day. That has never happened before. Plus, the weather was beautiful, something that has also never happened before. I figure it is a bad omen...I am just waiting for the lightning now. LOL
Our first night there the shower quit working...took us all day Sunday to fix it.
The next day the dryer tried to set my curtains on fire and they are now a big ball of melted fabric. Plus, I burned my arm trying to rescue them from the posessed dryer...OUCH!

Still no word from the cable/phone company so until then just keep an eye out for the carrier pigeons that I have sent out to each of you...
Lush Legend
0 likes
OMG birdie I am so sorry you have had a terrible time lately. I hope the possessed dryer is out of commission and you were not hurt too bad.

Thanks for the carrier pigeon she was wearing a cute hat and scarf LOL!

Hope things get better birdie.....
Lurker
0 likes
I have moved, oh, least 20 times....it doesn't get any more fun the more times you do it!

I have an extra bunk here....did not know you were moving, Zafia.

'Course, it would be a long way to get to work, and you might not like the fact that the communal latrines and toilets are about a 60 yard trek over rocks....

I'm just sayin'.....
Lurker
0 likes
I was just thinking how we haven't heard from you, Birdie. Hurry back and we'll still be here waiting for ya.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by Chase
I have moved, oh, least 20 times....it doesn't get any more fun the more times you do it!
'Course, it would be a long way to get to work, and you might not like the fact that the communal latrines and toilets are about a 60 yard trek over rocks....
I'm just sayin'.....

Birdie is the one that is moving chase dear.....but thanks for the offer......
Seeker
0 likes
Hey Everyone!! Still waiting....The plus side to my new house is that the last people left somewhere in the area of 75 bottles of wine because his new house wouldn't hold his entire collection.... LOL
Hoping for sometime by Wednesday. Turns out, if you call the cable company a couple of times a day, they eventually promise to send someone out ASAP!!! Nag them into submission...Gotta be good at something, right?
Matriarch
0 likes
What a fantastic windfall Lil_Birdie, congrats!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
PARTY AT LIL BIRDIES!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Woo hoo, good going, Birdie. Tech and I love wine and will be right over for a private...rendezvous.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Hey birdie glad to see things are moving along......I have my wine glass ready when you are...LOL!
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Chase

I'm just sayin'.....

Ummm...not exactly four star accommodations there...lol...

~~Tech

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

And the latest micros:

Sheer Perfection & Still Fuckin’ Hot

Fireworks & Bliss

Lush Legend
0 likes
Seeker
0 likes
Hey, come on over with your wine glasses...everyone is invited! I have been awful lonely and could use some good company. Someone needs to bring a cork screw...The man left all that wine and not one cork screw...that is cruel and unusual punishment!!

As for an update..the cable/internet guy came over this morning and said that there was nothing he could do until someone else shows up and runs the cable from the post across the road and it has to be done with a very large truck because it is a tall post...I offered to give him a boost up the pole but he looked at me like I was crazy. He also turned down a step stool and a ladder....LOL So anyway, looks like it is going to be next week now. Grrr....

Hope Chef is having better luck with her internet than I am....
Lurker
0 likes
Sorry to hear about the technology problems, Birdie. It seems he should call the home office and get someone out there to handle the cable. It's their equipment after all. Somebody put it up there.
We'll pile into the Lush Party Van and definitely uncork that wine.
Seeker
0 likes
I'M BACK!!!
Gotta tell a funny story...the guy came back tonight and said that he made a mistake. He knew, now, where the box was to tie into...so he spent two hours getting the line run from the box to the house and in through the wall. He got the cable set up right away. Then he went to set up the internet and phone and could not get the little box to work. After spending another hour on the phone trying to get that problem solved he gave up and said that the box was faulty. I asked him, "Why don't you try turning the computer on? Maybe it will work." He said "NO! The box is junk! I will be back tomorrow with a new one!" He said that my internet and phone will not work at all tonight. So he leaves and I sat down here at the computer and turned it on, hit a button on the little box, messed with a few settings, and here I am...I feel soooo butch!! LOL (got my phone to work, too, btw.) Wonder if I should call him and let him know that I got it covered...
Matriarch
0 likes
Way to go Lil_Birdie!

I hope he didn't install a load of hidden cameras while he was there too, his excuses sound pretty fishy to me!

Seeker
0 likes
As I check all the closets and corners....
Lurker
0 likes
GG I HATE MOVING!!!!!! WTF?!?! Is it in the water?
Moved to a larger apt here in texas on the 25th. All was well. Ordered cable and internet to be hooked up on monday the 29th. I wake up bright and early monday, call to see if there was an ETA and the guy said hubs called and canceled. I said oh hell no he didn't. He bitched at me cause I didn't have it hooked up the 25th. Guy says soonest they can get out is 10-09. I was livid. Needless to say I have felt so cut off from the world. and the asshole has the nerve to charge me 50.00 to hook up internet. So my first cable/internet bill will be in the ballpark of 150.00(bastards)
They said they could network our computers and also have it so we could both use the all-in -one from both computers. They spent 3 1/2 hours and couldnt do it. But we can use a share drive for folders etc.
Also on a side note. We used my cherokee and hubs company truck for boxes and a U-haul for the bigger stuff. (Our major stuff is still in sotrage in Dallas.) In running in and out loading up jeep and truck, someone stole a box or 2 of our DVDs. (I'm crying here) That really is a low blow to me.
Lurker
0 likes
will be pouring in a short time. Have to dry my hair and feed the cats now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That really sucks Chef. I'd be lost without my cd's, I have over 500 of them. Insurance?
Lurker
0 likes
dvds insom. but just the same. I know what you mean.
I'm a movie person and I take offense to anyone that doesn't earn something on their own and just takes it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh, misread your post Chef. Sucks either way.

Forgot to welcome you back too Lil Birdie
Lurker
0 likes
LB It's a shame we're not in the same state. We could get together and compare moving notes.

Hubs was in Marines and made up his mind that I was not going to be going from house to house to house. He wanted me safe, secure, and he wanted a home to come home to. So whenever he had leave or anytime that he could spend a few days in one spot, I flew to where ever he was and stayed with him. Sometimes we'd have to meet "in the middle" but that was fine too. On the bright side, it was a great way to see the world.
Lurker
0 likes
They stole your DVDs that quickly? Sounds like you moved to Ft. Worth or something. I'm sorry to hear about that, but now you're all moved in and safe and sound. For your computers, you should just get a wireless router system.