Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Planned Parenthood supporters are going bonkers vs Komen Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:51:59 PM

NEW YORK – Mayor Michael Bloomberg is pledging up to $250,000 to Planned Parenthood to offset funds that were cut by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer foundation.

The billionaire mayor has promised to match future donations to Planned Parenthood up to $250,000, mayoral spokeswoman Samantha Levine said Thursday. The health services organization uses the money for breast cancer screenings.

Bloomberg, a Democrat turned Republican turned independent, said politics "have no place" in health care.

The Susan G. Komen foundation has received the last charitable contribution from my bank account. They are currently being mismanaged by a backasswards group of control freaks.

Riding a wave of Internet-based appeals, Planned Parenthood received pledges of $400,000 from 6,000 donors as of 2 p.m. yesterday, according to Tait Sye, a spokesman. Also, the Amy and Lee Fikes' Foundation, run by the chief executive officer of closely-held Bonanza Oil Co. in Dallas, has promised a $250,000 gift to provide immediate help, according to a statement on the Planned Parenthood website.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:12:11 PM

Good. Fuck Komen for this. The price of practicing craven politics is public scorn. I hope they get more than they can handle.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:43:08 PM

I have two questions:

1. Why is Planned Parenthood funding mammograms? Not that it's a bad thing, it just seems like it's a service that would be outside it's charter.

2. Why did Komen cut their funding? The article alleges that Komen is "bowing to pressure from anti-abortion activists." Did some huge donor somewhere tell Komen that he's not gonna donate that ten million this year if they keep on passing some of it to PP? Or are the Komen execs just that into taking political stands?

Until I get question number two answered, I won't have an opinion on this issue, keeping in mind that a quarter of a million seems like a lot of money to us, but to Komen and Bloomberg, that's barely a fun weekend at Vegas...

Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:52:01 PM

So when a controversial group like planned parenthood has a small amount of their funding cut by a private donor it's a call to arms, but when the HHS department serves "Manny's Mammography Emporium" with a cease and desist letter nobody bats an eyelash? THAT seems unfair.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:14:20 PM

That's some bullshit, Manny. You let me know where to protest, I'll fight for your right to fondle.
Juicyme
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 11:32:15 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
I have two questions:

1. Why is Planned Parenthood funding mammograms? Not that it's a bad thing, it just seems like it's a service that would be outside it's charter.

2. Why did Komen cut their funding? The article alleges that Komen is "bowing to pressure from anti-abortion activists." Did some huge donor somewhere tell Komen that he's not gonna donate that ten million this year if they keep on passing some of it to PP? Or are the Komen execs just that into taking political stands?

Until I get question number two answered, I won't have an opinion on this issue, keeping in mind that a quarter of a million seems like a lot of money to us, but to Komen and Bloomberg, that's barely a fun weekend at Vegas...

1. PPH is a total healthcare center for lower income people. They do breast/prostate cancer screenings along with diabetes screenings and other health screenings along those lines.

2. the official "Reason" is that SGKomen doesn't donate to any organization that's under congressional review. PPH has been placed under review with the new legislation that cuts off federal funding.

Another reason why people are upset is because SGK has turned breast cancer and pink ribbon into a marketing machine. All the money that they raise doesn't go towards cancer research. Furthermore, SGK has tried to sue other cancer research foundations for using "fight for the cure" or any phrase similar.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 1:01:54 AM

I found this comment in this section. I'm starting to look at The Komen Foundation with different eyes, altogether. Is it possible that Komen has veered away from trying to fund research and assist with prevention therapies...and instead, have decided to become a cash cow for all the executives to milk themselves...while also at the same time - throwing millions of charitable dollars to their favored corporations (like Kaiser Permanente - see last paragraph)? There is much more to this, than meets the eye.

Actually, shutting down Komen might increase funding for breast cancer research AND THE CURE.
You judge. See the following links about Komen. Read the reports of Komen spending its money
on other things, besides cancer research and a cure. Read about Komen spending a million dollars
to attack other anti-cancer groups by suing them, to cut into their fund-raising efforts.

Susan G. Komen fights for trademark

Komen Contradictions: Cure Vs Research Some pretty informative links on this page. Komen's spends a lot of money to protect 'it's trademark 'corporate brand' The Cure phrase. And the NBC news video found on this page (Original air date: January 24, 2011) drives that point home.

Legal Battle over Komen Foundation's For The Cure

What if the IRS was looking into a hospital's tax status? Would Komen have to pull their funding too?

Last April, Komen hired as vice president for public policy Karen Handel, a failed Republican candidate with a long online history of hostility to Planned Parenthood and contraception in general. And then it enacted its new rule.

The skepticism is further fueled by the weirdness of a rule letting any city council member or random state legislator decide to defund a Komen grantee just by starting an "investigation." The Department of HHS rejected Stearns' invitation to look into Planned Parenthood months ago, and, even if he were dead on, Stearns isn't suggesting there's something wrong with Planned Parenthood's cancer screening. What if the IRS was looking into a hospital's tax status? Or almost any member of the Arizona legislature was worrying that an in-state facility with Komen money was harboring illegal immigrants? Would Komen have to pull their funding too?

In a ghastly coincidence, the same day Komen pulled the money from Planned Parenthood because Stearns thought they were spending federal funds on abortions, the Journal of the America Medical Association published a damning study that almost half of women receiving second surgeries after lumpectomies didn't need the procedure. Painful, disfiguring, unnecessary surgery. At least three of the four sites studied in the JAMA report -- the University of Vermont, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, and the Marshfield Clinic -- has a relationship with the Komen Foundation. Kaiser Permanente is a "corporate campaign partner," the University of Vermont received a research grant, the Central Wisconsin Komen affiliate sponsors programs at the Marshfield Clinic. Maybe Komen should concentrate their granting criteria on whether the recipients are actually helping cancer patients.

LadyX
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:49:54 AM

Also, the claim by the Komen Foundation that they pulled their Planned Parenthood funding because PP is under investigation is apparently B.S.

Komen provides a $175M rollover grant to Parkland (a big public hospital where I live), which has not been given any notification that it's funding will be pulled, even though it too is under a federal investigation. Parkland's a mess, frankly, so if they haven't been distanced by their donors, I find it hard to believe that an investigation is a relevant reason for Komen's funding decision on PP.
sprite
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:20:53 AM

ok, i don't really have an opinion on the Susan G Komen orginization at present, HOWEVER... Planned Parenthood rocks. For those who don't know, it's not all about contraception and abortions. they offer a variety of services for women, ranging from flu shots to STD testing, pregnancy counseling (yes, if you decide to keep your baby, they are there to advise you - they are not in the practice of promoting abortion - they promote choice)... in fact...

WOMEN'S SEXUAL HEALTH SERVICES PROVIDED:

Breast Cancer Screenings
Procedures to Prevent Cervical Cancer
Female Infertility
Menopause
Menstruation
Ovarian Cancer
Pap Tests & HPV Tests
Pelvic Exam
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Yeast Infection & Vaginitis

MEN's SEXUAL HEALTH SERVICES PROVIDED:

checkups for reproductive or sexual health problems
colon cancer screening
erectile dysfunction services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
jock itch exam and treatment
male infertility screening and referral
premature ejaculation services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
routine physical exams
testicular cancer screenings
prostate cancer screenings
urinary tract infections testing and treatment
vasectomy

GENERAL HEALTH CARE:

anemia testing
cholesterol screening
diabetes screening
physical exams, including for employment and sports
flu vaccines
help with quitting smoking
high blood pressure screening
tetanus vaccines
thyroid screening

EDUCATION AND COUNSELING:

sex and sexuality
relationships
sexual orientation and gender
Body image
teen & adult pregnancy

For the record, i have used their services in the past - i never felt pushed to drink any kool-aid or make a decision based upon 'their agenda'. i was treated with care and compassion and i have nothing but good things to say about their people and their organization and i donate regularly because i believe in them. in a time when too many of us don't have money for health care and need to have places like PPH we should be supporting them! our government should be supporting them! it makes me sick that anyone would want to shut them down or protest them.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:33:34 AM

According to reports, after 20+ Senators sent a harshly worded letter to Komen, they have reinstated funding to PPH.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:40:32 AM

I've never understood the conservative obsession with defunding planned parenthood. I'm actually pro-life but I'm also smart enough to know that no planned parenthood would equal more abortions not less.
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:52:00 AM

This was a huge disaster. Komen should have just kept things as they were. They withdrew funding, the media and social networks blew up. Now they are back to funding PP. 99% of people that donated to Komen didn't know about this anyway. After they pulled funding, people on the Left said they'd stop donating to Komen. Now, that the cat is out of the bag and they've gone back to funding PP it's the opposite. Now all the ultra conservative Right wing nuts are saying they are going to stop donating. Cancer wins again. We can't even stop bickering long enough to fight a huge killer.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 10:00:57 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
I found this comment in this section. I'm starting to look at The Komen Foundation with different eyes, altogether. Is it possible that Komen has veered away from trying to fund research and assist with prevention therapies...and instead, have decided to become a cash cow for all the executives to milk themselves...while also at the same time - throwing millions of charitable dollars to their favored corporations (like Kaiser Permanente - see last paragraph)? There is much more to this, than meets the eye.

Annnnnnnnd..... this is the same game that's played out in "charitable organizations" everywhere.

Red Cross

Unicef

United Way

Hell, even Hershey's Candy has been caught out in a scandal.

It's the way of the world - as soon as people find out there's an easy way to make themselves rich off of other people's work, they'll do it. Why are you surprised that the Susan G Komen people would be any different?

d'oh! <------------------ this is my "not surprised" face.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 10:06:16 AM

gpjunk wrote:
I've never understood the conservative obsession with defunding planned parenthood. I'm actually pro-life but I'm also smart enough to know that no planned parenthood would equal more abortions not less.

People who label themselves as "Conservatives" feel that they have to walk in lockstep (or is it goosestep?) with each other, for strength, for solidarity, and to keep other Conservatives from accusing them of not being conservative enough. Part of that party platform includes being against abortion, regardless of the ramifications. They would prefer women have rapist's babies, deformed babies, and non-viable babies using the excuse "It's God's Will". Of course, when their own daughters are pregnant, they have no trouble having the babies aborted. And they couldn't care less about the children once they're born. If the baby needs constant medical care, or is born into an abusive home... yep. It's God's Will.

Life is easy when you get to blame everything on God.

Buz
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:11:48 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
NEW YORK – Mayor Michael Bloomberg is pledging up to $250,000 to Planned Parenthood to offset funds that were cut by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer foundation.

The billionaire mayor has promised to match future donations to Planned Parenthood up to $250,000, mayoral spokeswoman Samantha Levine said Thursday. The health services organization uses the money for breast cancer screenings.

Bloomberg, a Democrat turned Republican turned independent, said politics "have no place" in health care.

The Susan G. Komen foundation has received the last charitable contribution from my bank account. They are currently being mismanaged by a backasswards group of control freaks.

Riding a wave of Internet-based appeals, Planned Parenthood received pledges of $400,000 from 6,000 donors as of 2 p.m. yesterday, according to Tait Sye, a spokesman. Also, the Amy and Lee Fikes' Foundation, run by the chief executive officer of closely-held Bonanza Oil Co. in Dallas, has promised a $250,000 gift to provide immediate help, according to a statement on the Planned Parenthood website.

A big salute to NY mayor Bloomberg. He puts his money where his mouth is. He has an excellent point about politics having no place in health care. Unfortunately, we are going to see politics rip health care apart over the next few years before it gets better and/or more affordable.

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 12:24:08 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

People who label themselves as "Conservatives" feel that they have to walk in lockstep (or is it goosestep?) with each other, for strength, for solidarity, and to keep other Conservatives from accusing them of not being conservative enough. Part of that party platform includes being against abortion, regardless of the ramifications. They would prefer women have rapist's babies, deformed babies, and non-viable babies using the excuse "It's God's Will". Of course, when their own daughters are pregnant, they have no trouble having the babies aborted. And they couldn't care less about the children once they're born. If the baby needs constant medical care, or is born into an abusive home... yep. It's God's Will.

Amen to that. Irony intended of course
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 12:34:44 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

That's a pretty broad generalization.

People who label themselves as "Liberals" feel they have to walk in lockstep (or is it goosestep?) with each other for strength, for solidarity, and to keep other Liberals from accusing them of being not liberal enough. Part of that party platform includes being for abortion, regardless of the ramifications. They would prefer women abort babies because they were too lazy to use protection, abort prefectly healthy and viable babies using the excuse "it's a woman's choice". Of course, when their own daughters are pregnant, they have no trouble helping their teen become a mom.

Life is easy when you don't have to take any responisbility for your own actions.

Not all Conservatives are puritanical assholes. I've known many republican/conservatives who were Pro-Choice. I've known democrats/liberals who were Pr-Life. Both of the above statements are equally absurd. Whenever one side of the aisle makes a definition of the other side of the aisle, it's usually mostly fiction.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 1:18:06 PM

Public outrage across the free, uncensored internet contributed mightily to SGK reversing its decision overnight. SGK had to shut down their servers yesterday after over 20,000 derogatory postings hit their specific pages.

Twitter and Facebook was ablaze. The internet was on fire across America...for 30 hours.

Imagine what would have happened if SOPA/PIPA had been ratified and enacted prior to this?

I can imagine that it would've been: tough-shit you stupid assholes, We Can't Hear You, so we're going ahead with our plans.

And Nudie- one of the first things which crossed my mind as I began to dig into this debacle yesterday, was the United Way shitstorm in 1992. And I've still never contributed to their fund drives ever since.

You know... Screw me once, shame on me - screw me twice...Go fuck yourself with a Habanero dusted ginger root!

Here in my area of the planet, we've watched and endured putting up with the rabid pro-life movement led by this assclown...

Former Attorney General of the state of Kansas 2003-2007 and then...appointed (by Bible Thumping GOP dominated political committee ...after he was defeated for a 2nd term, to become the Prosecuty Attorney for the county of Johnson in the state of Kansas - replacing the man who vacated that office to run against him in the state race for Atty General!)

Fired by the people who voted him into office in 2002, in 2006...only to be reappointed in 2007... to continue his harassment for the Pro Choice crowd. And this wasn't just a Democrat vs Republican issue. Several Republicans joined forces with the gasp - Libtard Pro-Choice forces to oust him out of office in 2006...by voting for a man who switched political party affiliation from GOP to DEM, just so he could be on the ballot to oppose Kline! Kansas is a red state, after all.

Phill Kline

It was this asshole who buddied up with Bill O'Riley on Fox...to tout themselves as Defenders of the Womb and the Unborn, during the previous decade and stoke up the hatred against Planned Parenthood and a particular abortion providing clinic Dr. George Tiller... calling the doctor - on O'Riley's program (several times) Tiller The Killer.

And guess what that effect eventually had? Yep, George Tiller was murdered by gunfire, inside his place of worship by an anti-abortionist follower of O'Riley's programming. violent3

What is the disgraced Phill Kline doing these days? Ah, he's a visiting Law Prof at Liberty University. The Moral Majority University of Jerry Falwell's tax evasion creation. puke

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 1:48:02 PM

ArtMan
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 1:50:30 PM

Conservatives in lockstep? HA Not hardly. Generalizations are always a crock.

I am quite conservative, very Pro-Choice, and very opposed to SOPA/PIPA.*

I also do not want to see unrealistic political stipulations placed on Planned Parenthood. It is good to see Komen backing off their hard stance.

*SOPA/PIPA proponents are predominantly coming from the software companies and the movie and recording industries. Many of those companies are big Democrat donors. Another reason that generalizations rarely paint a real picture.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 4:35:15 PM

ArtMan wrote:
Conservatives in lockstep? HA Not hardly. Generalizations are always a crock.

I am quite conservative, very Pro-Choice, and very opposed to SOPA/PIPA.*

I also do not want to see unrealistic political stipulations placed on Planned Parenthood. It is good to see Komen backing off their hard stance.

*SOPA/PIPA proponents are predominantly coming from the software companies and the movie and recording industries. Many of those companies are big Democrat donors. Another reason that generalizations rarely paint a real picture.

Actually, I will give credit where due and say that most conservatives were among the early opponets of SOPA/PIPA and yes his statement was a generalization but it does have some truth it. I think the biggest part of his statement was when he said people that identify themselves as conservative. Most folks like you that are conservative but still free thinking don't really identify themselves as such because they don't want to be lumped in with them crazies that have come to dominate the label of conservative. Just as most like me who are liberal but free thinking won't call themselves liberal because we don't want to be associated with the crazies that have come to dominate the label of conservative.
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 5:41:35 PM

Just a reminder: Susan G Komen still has a rabidly right-wing anti-choice politician in the executive suite; the CEO donates large amounts of money to Republican candidates; they pulled over $12 million in funding to institutions that work with embryonic stem cells (even though SGK grants were restricted and couldn't be used to fund that research anyway); they still have strong ties to corporations that produce known carcinogens; and in 2010 the Komen CEO salary was $459,406.

Five ways to support health for all <------- CLICK IT!
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 7:22:38 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

People who label themselves as "Liberals" feel they have to walk in lockstep (or is it goosestep?) with each other for strength, for solidarity, and to keep other Liberals from accusing them of being not liberal enough. Part of that party platform includes being for abortion, regardless of the ramifications. They would prefer women abort babies because they were too lazy to use protection, abort prefectly healthy and viable babies using the excuse "it's a woman's choice". Of course, when their own daughters are pregnant, they have no trouble helping their teen become a mom.

Life is easy when you don't have to take any responisbility for your own actions.

Not all Conservatives are puritanical assholes. I've known many republican/conservatives who were Pro-Choice. I've known democrats/liberals who were Pr-Life. Both of the above statements are equally absurd. Whenever one side of the aisle makes a definition of the other side of the aisle, it's usually mostly fiction.

You're partly right, and partly wrong. There are Liberals that do march in lockstep like that. And sure, not all conservatives are puritanical assholes. Enough of them are, though, to make that stereotype an accurate depiction. Maybe I should have limited my description to those holier-than-thou pukes that are never seen without a Bible in their hand, have made it their life's mission to run everyone else's life for them, and are true hypocrites from the word go. Maybe I should have made a distinction between people who hold conservative values and those who label themselves "Conservative" from every bully pulpit they can reach. I hold many conservative values myself, which is why these "Conservatives" make me want to puke. Maybe I should have made such a distinction more apparent. If I offended in my lack, I apologize.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 7:27:11 PM

ArtMan wrote:

A politician's main goal is not serving his constituents. It's getting re-elected. That goes for all politicians, not just Liberals and Conservatives.

lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:58:25 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:

You're partly right, and partly wrong. There are Liberals that do march in lockstep like that. And sure, not all conservatives are puritanical assholes. Enough of them are, though, to make that stereotype an accurate depiction. Maybe I should have limited my description to those holier-than-thou pukes that are never seen without a Bible in their hand, have made it their life's mission to run everyone else's life for them, and are true hypocrites from the word go. Maybe I should have made a distinction between people who hold conservative values and those who label themselves "Conservative" from every bully pulpit they can reach. I hold many conservative values myself, which is why these "Conservatives" make me want to puke. Maybe I should have made such a distinction more apparent. If I offended in my lack, I apologize.

It is all good my friend. Just debating and creating dialogue. No offense taken. And I agree, and disagree. There are both liberals and conservatives that are extreme in their beleifs. Almost as if they have to be as far right or left as possible in an effort to offset the extremes in the other direction. And you'r right. Many on the far right DO want to run everyone else's life, they can fuck off. Conversely, many on the far left want government to run everyone's life. They can also fuck off.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:09:24 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

It is all good my friend. Just debating and creating dialogue. No offense taken. And I agree, and disagree. There are both liberals and conservatives that are extreme in their beleifs. Almost as if they have to be as far right or left as possible in an effort to offset the extremes in the other direction. And you'r right. Many on the far right DO want to run everyone else's life, they can fuck off. Conversely, many on the far left want government to run everyone's life. They can also fuck off.

Yanno Mister...

Sometimes I see comments / myths and I just need to remind people who make them...

The GOP campaigns and claims they are all for smaller government. Less government. Some of them even claim they want to drown it in the bathtub.

And then they get in power and they haven't done anything but increased spending or created more government.

Reagan increased government...after campaigning that he was all for less government. lol, he was for less regulation (so perhaps that's what he meant).

During Shrub's 1st four years in office, he and his GOP cronies created a government that was humongous. And it remains that way.

During his eight years in office, President Bush oversaw a large increase in government spending. In fact, President Bush increased government spending more than any of the six presidents preceding him, including LBJ. In his last term in office, President Bush increased discretionary outlays by an estimated 48.6 percent.

During his eight years in office, President Bush spent almost twice as much as his predecessor, President Clinton. Adjusted for inflation, in eight years, President Clinton increased the federal budget by 11 percent. In eight years, President Bush increased it by a whopping 104 percent.

One reason offered for these large budget increases is that entitlement programs are growing rapidly. Although Social Security and Medicare spending growth outpaced most other programs in the mid-1990s, spending growth in discretionary programs has accelerated in the last 15 years, especially during Bush’s two terms. Between FY2002 and FY2009, discretionary spending rose 96 percent.

Since Reagan...there has not been any cutting back. The Liberals and (ahem) Conservatives have been spending us into this pit we're in now.

So, please...don't piss down my boot and tell me it's raining.

MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:51:59 PM

I would like to see Planned Parenthood free to do their work without any funding threats by any outside special interest groups. And that could come from sources right or left. I was glad to see the Susan G. Komen Foundation come to their senses and reverse themselves. I've helped raise money for them in the past because if my concern about breast cancer and was quite disappointed in their stance with Planned Parenthood.

WellMadeMale is right about the overspending by both major political parties. It is outrageous and needs to be curbed. Both parties cater to fringe elements rather than the needs of most of the people.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 11:49:00 AM

lafayettemister wrote:

But at this point, I believe it to be broadly true. I know people who hedge their bets and avoid owning up to the 'conservative' label, but of those who call themselves conservative, I don't know any who don't buy into all the straw man and dog whistle politics that they learn from talk radio, blogs, and Fox. Yes of course both "sides" have their faults, but show me a Democrat willing to race-bait like this:

Nice stereotyping. It's always good when you can combine that with jingoistic nationalism, anti-Asian bias, and tax-and-spend claptrap to produce a nice flaming 30-second cocktail.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 11:55:14 AM

LadyX wrote:

But at this point, I believe it to be broadly true. I know people who hedge their bets and avoid owning up to the 'conservative' label, but of those who call themselves conservative, I don't know any who don't buy into all the straw man and dog whistle politics that they learn from talk radio, blogs, and Fox. Yes of course both "sides" have their faults, but show me a Democrat willing to race-bait like this:

..............................................................................................................

Nice stereotyping. It's always good when you can combine that with jingoistic nationalism, anti-Asian bias, and tax-and-spend claptrap to produce a nice flaming 30-second cocktail.

Good goshamighty. Is that an actual political ad? It reminds me of the print ads a South Floridian Republican mailed out that had his Democrat rival's face photoshopped onto the Grim Reaper's body, complete with scythe.

And this is also why I refuse to align myself with either of the "Big Two" parties. When big money is on the line, neither party adheres strictly to what I would consider appropriate behavior, although the Republicans do seem to be somewhat more cutthroat than their opponents.

lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 12:54:38 PM

LadyX wrote:

This one will get me into A LOT of trouble....

[youtube width=420 height=315]http://www.youtube.com/embed/L9AEZab_paE[/youtube]

The link won't work....

[youtube width=420 height=315]http://www.youtube.com/embed/L9AEZab_paE[/youtube]

Trouble, more race baiting?