Linking Youtube videos in your profile

last reply
11 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
So, can someone tell me why some YouTube videos will work and others dont even though the same process of copying and pasting the URL is done for all videos?? This is in relation to the videos on your profile page (Video Gallery). I know this isnt a site issue, but cant seem to figure out why one link would work fine an another not..

Cheers
D
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Go to the account tab at the top of the page then go to settings and video gallery, copy the url from youtube and paste it into the section on the gallery screen the forum software pretty much does the rest. It's pretty easy when you see the screen for the gallery
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
This is what I'm doing. For some videos it works just fine, but other generate an error. I guess I'm trying to find out if YouTube block certain URLs from being copied in this manor. It's not a site issue here,it's the URL itself that is not working even though its a direct copy and paste from the address bar from the browser. Just unusual.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Yes this has happened to me on occasion. Why? I don't know. I chalk it down to Google/Youtube being difficult. It is but a minor irritation to me.

You're not the only person experiencing this partially annoying situation.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Matriarch
0 likes
Some videos have embedding disabled, as presumably the owner wants them to be seen on Youtube only (I don't know if the view count goes up if they are embedded into other sites, maybe that's the reason ).

If that's the case, pasting the video page URL will not work.
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Syd, also an Aussie, I too had trouble posting vids, I found success with ....cllick on share, then options, check the box that says long link, copy and paste, this has been successful ... so far
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Wildcat
Hi Syd, also an Aussie, I too had trouble posting vids, I found success with ....cllick on share, then options, check the box that says long link, copy and paste, this has been successful ... so far

I may have tried that. I'll look a that option again when I get a chance. Thanks.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Using the long link, is what's required in the chatrooms for it to work.

At times the URL in the browser's url-field is the shortened version of the link(most likely designed for twitters) and will not work.
If the box "Start at [time]" is checked, uncheck it. (Most of the time it won't work.)
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I had some success with the long links, but not all. Must be something Youtube has done to the linking.