WTF happened to men being men?

last reply
32 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've been raised around marines and they are pretty badass, so whats with all the guys wearing girls underwear and wanting their ass played with?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whats with all the assumptions? not all men like their ass being played with...and not all marines asses are free from invasion biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage
I've been raised around marines and they are pretty badass, so whats with all the guys wearing girls underwear and wanting their ass played with?

The short answer is this.. you're still young yet.. at some point you will recognize that real men are the ones who keep in touch with their feminine side.. and that doesn't necessarily mean wearing women's panties and having their ass played with.. nor does it mean mowing the yard on weekends wearing camo's and arm wrestling at the bar..
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Warlock

The short answer is this.. you're still young yet.. at some point you will recognize that real men are the ones who keep in touch with their feminine side.. and that doesn't necessarily mean wearing women's panties and having their ass played with.. nor does it mean mowing the yard on weekends wearing camo's and arm wrestling at the bar..

I like your answer, Warlock.

In my opinion, the ideal of "what a man is" .... is all about upbringing, experiences and it evolves with time.

Personally, and you'll find it everywhere .... some women have more balls than men. Is the test of what makes a man: who has balls?, who can chop down a tree?, who can go to war for peace, freedom and liberty?

I would love to know what JennySavage means in her comment

What is badass?? (obviously, badass DOES NOT mean wearing fem undies and using buttplugs)
Lurker
0 likes
Everyone has there thing that turns them on. But being a man isn't determined by whether he likes is ass played with or not. How he treats his woman otherwise and takes care of his family are better indicators of ones manliness....at least in my book.
Lurker
0 likes
Yup! No Such Thing As A Gay Marine.........

(????????????????????????????????????)

xx Steph

(There ARE gay marines. They fight, bleed and occasionally die EXACTLY as do their straight brothers. And I very much doubt a lot of them wear panties. )
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage

As others have suggested, there is an awful lot you seem to not know about lads. I have learned a lot about them from reading things on Lush, both through questions I have asked, and questions others have asked. I spend nearly the entire time with my eyebrows raised as I learn more about men and women on here.

And the most important thing that I have learned, is that every idea and way of thinking I have had about people is simply that - my own view and perceptions. Not everything is always as it appears, and certain likes and dislikes cannot be cornered into one box we may choose to put a gender into. Hell, I don't even think there is a box (not a euphemism).

I would recommend you spend some time reading the forums, maybe chatting with a few people, and just do a bit more observation of the world in general.

I know quite a few military people and interact with them regularly both in public and in private, and they are only human. Often the faces some people in certain groups and in certain places show us, are not the central, individual soul of the person, but rather, the group mentality - which makes it easier for us to slap on what we think they should be and how they should behave. If you get to know people (not just Marines) on different levels and in different situations, you may find yourself surprised.

I know this is Ask the guys (sorry, lads!), but as a lass learning a lot about them, I would suggest listen more and label less. Good luck!
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm still trying to figure out if this is a legitimate question or not...

On that note... did I ever mention I love trolls?
They make me feel good on bad hair days

Lurker
0 likes
What kind of stereotype men are you considering? Cave men, thugs, gentlemen, douchebags, effeminate, confused, downtrodden, assholes? All the kinds of "men" are still out there in circulation. What perhaps you mean are decisive and active men and, yes, there seems to a a high degree of "whatever, dude" slackers with little ambition, drive, opinion, or thoughtfulness. If guys answer almost every question or responsibility with a shrug and "I dunno" or "I guess" -- then, I agree, they are not men being men.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ballgirl
Everyone has there thiing that turns them on. But being a man isn't determined by whether he likes is as played with or not. How he treats his woman otherwise and takes care of his family are better indicators of ones manliness....at least in my book.

I love this answer, and I couldn't better it, although I would add this: in my experience it's a tougher man who sticks it out and looks after his wife and family during the bad times than one who parades around like a real badass, only to quit them because he can't pay the rent or real with a grown-up relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage

i prefer manly men too. Marines...Rangers...Deltas...all get me seriously worked up. i really dont think i could have sex with a man again if i caught him in my panties and im very selfish in my ass play too, wanting it all to myself ;)
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage

I don't really know how you want people to respond to this. It sounds to me like you're just being small-minded and unnecessarily offensive to many great contributors on this site.

You are absolutely entitled to express preferences but I don't think it has to be done quite so rudely. Learn some manners, young lady (purposefully condescending). People do not come on this site for their lifestyle to be judged.

And I hate to burst your bubble (nah, I don't really) but there's probably a lot about those marines you grew up with that you don't know.

Before you go flapping your gums, have a think about whose feelings you might be hurting and try to show some respect.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum

I don't really know how you want people to respond to this. It sounds to me like you're just being small-minded and unnecessarily offensive to many great contributors on this site.

You are absolutely entitled to express preferences but I don't think it has to be done quite so rudely. Learn some manners, young lady (purposefully condescending). People do not come on this site for their lifestyle to be judged.

And I hate to burst your bubble (nah, I don't really) but there's probably a lot about those marines you grew up with that you don't know.

Before you go flapping your gums, have a think about whose feelings you might be hurting and try to show some respect.

thank you for this. one of the things i am always careful of, especially here, is judging someone by what turns them on. unless we're talking illegal acts, there is nothing wrong with being into something a little outside of the box and this should be a place where people are accepting of others kinks rather then condemning of them.

and yeah, there ARE gay marines and they are probably as bad ass, if not more so, than straight ones even IF they wear panties and like having their asses played with.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
What kind of panties? Thong, lacey, french cut, bikini, or granny panties? Or maybe boy shorts.

I think the specific panty makes a big difference. I believe that lacey thongs would be very un-Marine. Maybe okay for the Air Force though, or the Coast Guard.

Can you imagine being a prisoner-of-war and having to be interrogated by soldiers in panties? That would be extra intimidating don't you think. Even worse waterboarded by Marines in thongs.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage

I would suggest you ask some of them if they're brave enough to let you into their closets. Believe me they have them.
I have worked with some of the afore mentioned and they are not all vanilla cave men.

Fact: Male g-spot, it is your prostate gland guys. Look it up on the net.

Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.
Confucius (BC 551-BC 479) Chinese philosopher.

Warlock, so true. Shylass your welcome. Buz . clum & sprite
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
What men wear or don't wear has little to do with their "manliness". That said, it's not a quality just limited to men. It's not bravery in the face of an enemy necessarily, but I admire the quiet often unspoken bravery of facing every day with determination and being "bigger than life" instead of the other way around. We place such emphasis on being a badass but the badassness is usually shallow and unrealistic. I mean really...Chuck Norris and Stallone and Danial Craig are badasses? Bitch, please. Badass is the poor old bastard who every day for the rest of his life deals with a colostomy bag without complaint. Badass is the single mother who works, goes to school, and takes care of her child(ren) every damn day and night. Badass is not based on how many video zombies you blow away or how many cars you steal. Badass is dealing with all of life's challenges and not being a bitter asshole and miserable about it.

Men being men and women being women with quiet dignity and good humor, facing the responsibilities without whining, being independent and classy. That's what I'm talking about. I'd love to see more of it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JennySavage

I hear ya. The ass is an exit, not an entrance. As far as guys wearing girls panties, well they have issues then. Personally, I do not own a single pair of mens underwear or anything else. Commando all the way!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by T101

I hear ya. The ass is an exit, not an entrance. As far as guys wearing girls panties, well they have issues then. Personally, I do not own a single pair of mens underwear or anything else. Commando all the way!

Some Commandos are gay. Fact.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you think that macho jar head shit is what makes a real man I feel sorry for you hon. Some of the sexiest men I know are bi sexual or gay. Some men I know who like to have their asses fucked the most are straight! Some gay and bi men wanna wear my panties, some straight men wanna see me in them or cum in them either way you go all men love panties! Take each person individually on their own merits and forget the stereotypes!!!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What makes you think marines don't like their ass played with or maybe they are wearing lacy underwear under their uniforms?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honestly i think you should just laugh that one off and move on the to next guy.
I respect the guy though for not holding back with what he wanted.

Unless that's happened to you on several occasions with different men, then you might want to think about relocating.
Lurker
0 likes
Isn't the definition of what makes a man a man quite individual? If you haven't noticed, we live in a different society than we did 50 years ago. Added to the feminism and women getting out of the kitchen and having careers other than nurse or secretary then you suddenly have a man that needs to do other things, like cooking and taking care of the kids. If you want a relationship like the ones they had in the 50's then go for it. Probably plenty of wifebeaters out there that would love a woman that stays at home.

And the ass playing; I'd guess that's just another step in the sexual liberation that has followed the whole that you're a kinky pervert if you do anything other than missionary and a realisation that yes, there is such a thing as a female orgasm.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Meet Daniel. A real lady's man.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Actually I guess I am going to be the one to go against politically correctness.

There seems to be an emasculation going on especially on television.

When I was little, I snuck down to watch television after mom and dad went to sleep and what was on was black and white shows about the man being in charge of the house, providing for the family, smart to solve difficult situations, etc etc.

Today we seem to be doing all we can to emasculate men. Probably the only one show that has a brilliant man portrays him as a weak addict and subservient to a woman (House) or at least it was, someone said this new season may be different. The other shows portray a man as a bumbling fool.

While I think the OP is a bit off in what she thinks "makes a man", I do believe that there does seem to be a definite downward trend to what is seen as is manly.

I happen to like a door opened for me, I like my hand held, I like the other things that seem perhaps what a lot of women determine is piggish tho I think is not only romantic but chivalrous.

I don't think a man needs to "embrace some feminine side" to be a man... I think he can be all man to be a man. What I do think determines whether a man is a man, is if he has the ability to determine what his particular lady needs in a man.

Should it be a metrosexual, crying, hand wringer or whether she wants a man to be in charge and hold the door, lead her into a room, not afraid to belch, orders a beer instead of a half caf extra frothy cinnamon coated whip cream latte, and he gives the woman what she wants and needs, I think that is a man who is "the man".

Anyways, however it's defined, I think the man strong enough to be the man his woman needs, is the most manly man there is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Meet Daniel. A real lady's man.

That line never works for me either...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Man = faster than a speeding bullet.. more powerful than a locomotive.. able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.. look.. up in the sky.. it's a bird.. it's a plane. no.. it's.. some guy wearing tights and a fucking cape.. it used to be that our gender was determined by our body parts.. being a man doesn't mean I have to be able to take a punch.. order a beer instead of a Cosmo.. belch the alphabet.. or live up to anyone else's standards but my own.. I get a mani/pedi every six weeks.. I have my hair done at a parlor rather than a barbershop.. I get a hot oil massage once a month.. I love the color pink.. I write poetry.. and I love the scent and taste and feel of a woman.. oh hell.. I think I'm a lesbian...
Lurker
0 likes
It's funny because some of the ladies have rightly pointed out about men being more feminine nowadays where I see women acting more like ladettes in this day and age, drinking pints, getting tattoos, having a profession ect.
It seems both the sexes seem to merging into one!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a disabled veteran of the US Navy. I seen a lot of shit over the 12 yrs that served. Including guys in the Navy and Marines wearing women's clothing. The ones that I meet were not gay at least that is what they told me! As for the why, they honestly said it felt better then men underwear and it kept there junk in place. Even that was more then I wanted to know, but each to there own. The question could be reversed: Why do women like to wear men boxers?
0 likes
Real men aren't AFRAID to wear women's pantyhose. Fear is for small children.