3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

LOL so true an confusing when English is not your first language hahaha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know you're English when you just want to explain those differences properly, lol
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
oohhhh yeah!
its soooooooo true
(cool)

___
(o.O)
/[_]\
_/ \_
Lurker
0 likes
THOUGH MY HOMELAND'S ALREADY USING ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE CENTER OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCIALIZATION, I'M STILL EXPERIENCING THE "TIP-OF-THE-TONGUE" PHENOMENON THAT I CAN'T FIND THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SUIT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY. HELP ME GRAMMAR 101! RIGHT NOW, I RE-READ THIS FOR SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE HITTING THE POST BUTTON. (just-a-dull-in-english)
Site administrator
0 likes
haha ... yes OK I am from the UK ... its not crazy whatsoever !!! just a lil quirky !!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crypticneophyte
THOUGH MY HOMELAND'S ALREADY USING ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE CENTER OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCIALIZATION, I'M STILL EXPERIENCING THE "TIP-OF-THE-TONGUE" PHENOMENON THAT I CAN'T FIND THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SUIT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY. HELP ME GRAMMAR 101! RIGHT NOW, I RE-READ THIS FOR SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE HITTING THE POST BUTTON. (just-a-dull-in-english)

Wow, someone from my country. Since my first language is English and i am quite eloquent and good in grammar, maybe i could help you and in return you help me learn our own language? I have been through hell and back just trying to learn it and no luck.

And English is a great language, its easy and very useful since everyone kinda understands the whole concept of it
The Linebacker
0 likes
Then there is American English which often spells and pronunciates words differently than the English speaking English.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

i thought is was... was i wrong?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I do not really speak English... I speak American! Semper Fi! Hooah! God bless my troops! God bless the USA!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by katiekate

Wow, someone from my country. Since my first language is English and i am quite eloquent and good in grammar, maybe i could help you and in return you help me learn our own language? I have been through hell and back just trying to learn it and no luck.

And English is a great language, its easy and very useful since everyone kinda understands the whole concept of it

YES...I WOULD LOVE THAT "KATIEKATE" ;)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Why isn't through spelled thru and two spelled tu. what's with threw, through, to, two, and too?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Abbey
Why isn't through spelled thru and two spelled tu. what's with threw, through, to, two, and too?

It IS spelled tu, twice.

But only in tutu.
Always drink upstream from the herd and never miss a good chance to shut up..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
English is simple...ok, not really...you'll have to excuse my excuses. Glad I had to learn it as a first language, heh.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For years I taught English as a Second Language, and that really makes you aware of how screwy our language is. But that screwiness also makes it interesting. As for spelling, think about through, thorough, trough, tough, though, thought. Crazy enough?
Detention Seeker
0 likes
We love our Englishisms, Americanisms are fun to
Lurker
0 likes
We'll begin with box; the plural is boxes,
But the plural of ox is oxen, not oxes.
One fowl is a goose, and two are called geese,
Yet the plural of moose is never called meese
You may find a lone mouse or a house full of mice;
But the plural of house is houses, not hice.
The plural of man is always men,
But the plural of pan is never pen.
I speak of a foot, and you show me two feet,
And I give you a book, would a pair be a beek?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
Why shouldn't two booths be called beeth?
If the singular's this and the plural is these,
Should the plural of kiss be ever called keese?
We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
And though we say mother, we never say methren.
Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him;
But imagine the feminine . . . she, shis, and shim!

[Learnt at school.. don't know who wrote it].
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i