Fifty Shades Of Grey

last reply
24 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Has anyone read the hot book by E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey. It is a triology of some very hot sex stories. If you have read any thoughts about it?
Lurker
0 likes
I just finished the books, though more out of curiosity. There is better erotica out there and they were hardly riveting. I did generally enjoy the character development of Christian and why he was who he was, but it was nothing amazing. They were kind of simple reads and the sex got kind of redundant.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by SITTING

I was going to do that!

I beat you to it, na na na na naaaa!

(You can do the next four. )
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
did you see it spoofed saturday?/must be good to make it o tv...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i read the trilogy. i enjoyed the character of Christian Grey, there was obviously a great deal of consideration given to developing the character which draws the reader in. Anastasia seriously got on my nerves. she was just too freakin' whiny & pouty. if it weren't for the constant sex at the turn of a page, (was able to pick up a few ideas to try later) the books would not be popular at all.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm onto Chapter ten of the first book and goodness me Mr Grey! silly
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As I mentioned in another post. I do have a dislike for it.

I didn't buy it as I read a few pages of it in the store. I rolled my eyes at the whole "Inner Goddess" and how gorgeous Christian's eyes looked.

For me I know I have never refered to my sexual ego as "Inner Goddess".
I did end up reading the original "50 shades" as it's former Twilight Fanfiction "Masters of the Universe."

The writing is rather full of drivel. The sex is vanilla and it is obvious she and her husband did internet research of "fisting" "anal" etc etc. I know a lot of people that are into the BDSM lifestyle hate it pretty much for EL James way of writing the lifestyle.

Honestly her writing is like that of a teenager trying to write sex and the dialouge Mills and Boons worthy. There is far more better written erotica on Lush that can turn me on so much.

So it is isn't worth the hype that it's getting. I ended up laughing to much to get turned on. If anyone has read "My Immortal" by xxxbloodywrists666xxx I'm sure you would agree that particular story is far better then 50 shades.

Gilbert Gottfrie makes a great Christian.

http://www.jest.com/video/174214/gilbert-gottfried-reads-fifty-shades-of-grey
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ill have to get back to you on this one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can I please just point out how childish the "author" is when she talks about it . She laughs and giggles at the nature of the subject (ever heard of copy, paste, and edit, take the credit?). My view, and from what I've seen on other threads and the reviews of it I don't want to read it, especially if it's as bad as the books it was based off of.
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Lurker
0 likes
This is everywhere at the moment! Everyone on my facebook page is raving about it and how 'naughty' it is the even consider reading it...... oh if only they knew what site im on now!
Lurker
0 likes
I've read them all, couldn't stop reading them lets just hope theres a film next.... I think we secretly all want a Mr Grey lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity
Can I please just point out how childish the "author" is when she talks about it . She laughs and giggles at the nature of the subject (ever heard of copy, paste, and edit, take the credit?). My view, and from what I've seen on other threads and the reviews of it I don't want to read it, especially if it's as bad as the books it was based off of.

I too have seen her interviews and she giggles, blushes and can't answer in a serious manner when discussing erotica. It's rather embarrassing to the authors who do write erotica and take it seriously.

Quote by Clarkie1990
I've read them all, couldn't stop reading them lets just hope theres a film next.... I think we secretly all want a Mr Grey lol

Uh wasn't it a few years ago that we all "secretly" wanted Edward Cullen/Jacob Black.
Also no I don't want Christian Grey, the fact he has so much money to splash and an abused childhood makes me think he is damanged in his own psyche so he goes out flashes the cash to get what he wants. Oh and lets not forget the looks...he is so "handsome".

So cliche.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I read them all this week, they're so hot! I wish there were more books!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
HOT? More like crap.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

I didn't buy it as I read a few pages of it in the store. I rolled my eyes at the whole "Inner Goddess" and how gorgeous Christian's eyes looked.

I did end up reading the original "50 shades" as it's former Twilight Fanfiction "Masters of the Universe."

The writing is rather full of drivel. The sex is vanilla and it is obvious she and her husband did internet research of "fisting" "anal" etc etc. I know a lot of people that are into the BDSM lifestyle hate it pretty much for EL James way of writing the lifestyle.

Honestly her writing is like that of a teenager trying to write sex and the dialouge Mills and Boons worthy. There is far more better written erotica on Lush that can turn me on so much.

So it is isn't worth the hype that it's getting. I ended up laughing to much to get turned on. If anyone has read "My Immortal" by xxxbloodywrists666xxx I'm sure you would agree that particular story is far better then 50 shades.

I have to agree with you on this. It took all i had to finish the books. I thought at first i would like them but to me it wasn't real enough and good lawd that girl needed to either accept it or get out. Too many times i wanted to jack slap her. Learning is one thing but running and hiding is another issue. I know i've read naughtier vanilla books then this one.
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I have to admit to loving all three. Don't care if it's drivel.
" I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"
Woody Allen
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by clarkie1990
I think we secretly all want a Mr Grey lol

Quote by kaikai012
Fifty Shades Darker. *heavy sighs* Christian Grey!

Who is this you maybe wondering? This is who Christian Grey really is...Niall Leonard. E.L.James's real husband.

I bet that burst ya bubble didn't it?

Lurker
0 likes
Am I the only one who has no intention of reading this book?.If I want to know about it I just read friends comments on another site I'm on lol.
Lurker
0 likes
i started reading the books. i'm going to have to finish them because i started them, a decision much like twilight, I deeply fucking regret on so many fucking levels it makes me think i have forgotten what my standards are. These books are not anything i would consider to be risque in any fashion, and not just because of my time here on lush. just another version of twilight, but instead of "sparkly douchebags and main character with the consistency of pants, we get this.....drivel...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Laughed my head off at this video clip very funny ha ha