No bra celebs vs "everyday" women

last reply
17 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Everyday some actress or other starlet celebrity has a picture taken that shows her tits. Down blouse, see through tops, side boob. I'm not even talking about formal dresses where a bra may not be possible. Just the other day there were pics of Miley Cyrus showing off her entire side side boob. And another of her wearing a white tshirt and no bra, nipples clearly visible.

Is this intentional? Trying to get some free press to keep their names in the public mindset?

Do "normal" women go out of the house without a bra on as often as celebrities seem to?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Umm i would always wear a bra unless i was wearing lots of layers where nipples cannot be visible, or if im going out in the evening and the dress looks better without a bra.

Im sure there have been some drunken times where i may have accidentally fallen loose or side boob is visible but its never intentional!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They just do it for attention. I am not a prude by any means, but you would never catch my nipples poking out in public unless I was at the beach and I got cold. But that's an acceptable location for such things, just shopping around boutiques or strolling through town running errands is a whole different thing. But hey! To each his own.
Lurker
0 likes
i also think its just for attention, because the celebritries that do that are normally the ones that are out of the lime light and are trying to get back in.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I think most of it is attention, but sometimes it's just lack of forward thinking. I have a few friends who risk cameras in their faces when they go to the supermarket/out with friends, and sometimes their significant others or friends have to remind them about certain items (i.e the ones that need another layer underneath, or what happened last time the wind blew when they wore a short, full skirt). Sometimes you just don't think about these things. You can't always just put something on, you have to think about what will happen if there's strong lighting, or the sun is behind you, or your strap falls off. And who has that much time?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Myself i would prefer to see a everyday woman.......at least thier boobs would be natural and sexy, instead of fake footballs with a orange tan.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The celebs are looking for attention, at least most of the time. I mean if you see a pic of a woman wearing a T-shirt with no bra as she runs into Starbucks for a coffee it may be that she was just being casual but I think most of the pics are staged. Like when you see someone like Miley with her side boobs exposed as she goes to the gym and her publicist lets the Paparazzi know she will be there at 1PM, HAHA!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
The celebs are looking for attention, at least most of the time. I mean if you see a pic of a woman wearing a T-shirt with no bra as she runs into Starbucks for a coffee it may be that she was just being casual but I think most of the pics are staged. Like when you see someone like Miley with her side boobs exposed as she goes to the gym and her publicist lets the Paparazzi know she will be there at 1PM, HAHA!

Yep, a lot of these things coincide with a new movie coming out or an album dropping the next week or maybe to offset recent attention on a competitive rival. Sometimes it's just designed to get people talking or to get in the headlines.

Other times it's just an 'oops' moment. If we had cameras on us constantly especially drunk at night getting out of limos to get into clubs or walking under intense lighting or a strong flash, things are going to 'slip-&-flash' on occasion. The difference is that the Paps get them on film whereas we just 'tuck and adjust' or beg our friends not to tag us on facebook wearing that dress that was more see-thru than we originally thought.
Lurker
0 likes
Sorry, I am tired so my irony spotter is a bit on the weak side. The logic of this thread so far is what? That nipples are sexy so should not be seen in the outside world, but then legs, bottoms, breasts, bellies, mouths and eyes are also sexy, which tends to suggest that maybe those muslim fundamentalists have got it right in terms of what women should be wearing.

The twisted logic again seems to be that a woman without a bra or wearing a revealing top is a bad person. Why, possibly in Lush language, she may well be a slut. The mentality that I thought we had tried to kill of judges and courts blaming victims for their siren like clothing drawing males into the rocks and having no control over their violent sexual urges. So, great, let's get back to men being the real victims of , as it is shameless women with their revealing clothing, inability to either hold their drink or most criminally at all to not be stronger than men.

This is still Lush aint it? Are we now saying a woman cannot dress sexily or feel sexy in the way she dresses? That, gosh, we are going to criticise some celebrity women for using sex to sell their latest product? This is clearly some rather odd dream that I am having. Maybe it was the cheese.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sheesh this is silly.

My wife rarely wears a bra (sometimes to work, because her female boss complains). Yeah, you can sort of see the nipples and they jiggle a bit more.. so what. Looks good but it's hardly extreme.

The other day she went for a an x-ray, the tech told her to remove her bra to get ready... she saved an extra step, didn't have to.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate wearing a bra. I'm not top-heavy and gravity hasn't taken hold... yet.
If I go out or to work, I wear one. But at home I couldn't be bothered.
My house. My rules. My comfort.

I've run out to the store without one on because I've honestly not thought about it. I just don't care.
I'm not doing it for attention, nor am I trying to slut it up out and about town.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't wear a bra unless the top I am wearing happens to support me well (and so far I only have two that do so!). Or if
I'm wearing an undershirt as well, I don't need one. I don't really like wearing bras, but I feel I have to when I go out
either to the store, friends house or which ever may occur. Also I don't like bringing that much attention to my breasts,
a glance yes, I don't mind. But it starts freaking me out when they stare non stop! Just ask, maybe I'll show you!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ianthomas
Sorry, I am tired so my irony spotter is a bit on the weak side. The logic of this thread so far is what? That nipples are sexy so should not be seen in the outside world, but then legs, bottoms, breasts, bellies, mouths and eyes are also sexy, which tends to suggest that maybe those muslim fundamentalists have got it right in terms of what women should be wearing.

The twisted logic again seems to be that a woman without a bra or wearing a revealing top is a bad person. Why, possibly in Lush language, she may well be a slut. The mentality that I thought we had tried to kill of judges and courts blaming victims for their siren like clothing drawing males into the rocks and having no control over their violent sexual urges. So, great, let's get back to men being the real victims of , as it is shameless women with their revealing clothing, inability to either hold their drink or most criminally at all to not be stronger than men.

This is still Lush aint it? Are we now saying a woman cannot dress sexily or feel sexy in the way she dresses? That, gosh, we are going to criticise some celebrity women for using sex to sell their latest product? This is clearly some rather odd dream that I am having. Maybe it was the cheese.

.....umm, I think the OP just really wanted to know if, on average, going without a bra in day to day life has become a way of life for many women; not just attention seeking celebrities.
But nice rant about linking anatomy with sexuality. Bonus points for not so subtle Islamophobia.

Back to the OP. I think that on average, it would be about the same amount going without a bra. The difference is that celebrity photos are in your face more, whereas "normal" women aren't splashed across every magazine on the rack.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ianthomas

Whoa there Sparky!! Me think you doth protest too much.

As the OP of this thread I'd like to confirm what JuicyMe has said. I'm just asking a simple question. Do normal, everyday, non-celebrity women go out of the house braless with sideless shirts, see through shirts, tits nearly or fully on display.. as celebrities. I know women go out from time to time without a bra on. But I never see a woman go shopping at WalMart with a gaping hole in her shirt while showing off full side boob.

As to your rant. WTF? I didn't say anything about . Or women who dress provatively are to blame for being assaulted. WTF dude? No one is making the judgements you're talking about. My only thought is that maybe YOU think this way.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Settle down fellas.... personally, I don't let my girls loose in public, except at the beach. My local supermarket is always way too cold, and I wouldn't feel comfortable being on high beam, especially if I had a big cucumber in my hand at the time
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wildcat
Settle down fellas.... personally, I don't let my girls loose in public, except at the beach. My local supermarket is always way too cold, and I wouldn't feel comfortable being on high beam, especially if I had a big cucumber in my hand at the time

OMG..... ....hilarious!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don't wear bras as I find them annoying. However it's the media that get all hyped up if some celeb is pantyless or braless as if it's some shocking scandal.