The one thing

last reply
13 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Did a quick search and couldn't find it, so I'm posting a new one. What's the one thing your partner can't be without. I'm not thinking sexual, I'm thinking relaitonship wise, as in the man/woman you marry and grow old with. It can be anything, either it's personality or looks. Humour, cute smile, smelly toes, a nose without boogers etc. What's the one thing you can't be without in a relationship, if you were to pick just one thing. And feel free to explain why if you want.
Lurker
0 likes
Only one?
Lurker
0 likes
Loyalty... Without that there is no reason to even try.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
oxygen. without, you die. pretty much everything else you can manage without, at least for a short while. well, water and food, but you could make it a few days without. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by sprite
oxygen. without, you die. pretty much everything else you can manage without, at least for a short while. well, water and food, but you could make it a few days without. smile

Actually, O2 is not the most important thing. A pulse is most important. Hence the revised CPR guidelines have changed Breaths: compressions from 1:15 to 2:30. I know it seems similar, but this gets the blood moving better(ur body contains enough O2 to last through more compressions.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Damn... Just one?
It's a toss up between Patience and a Sense of Adventure.

Patience - Because obviously they need it to tolerate me and my bouts of goofiness... ok, ok... MANY bouts of goofiness and my inappropriate sense of humour.

A Sense of Adventure - Because what's the point? I don't want to live my life like a zombie, working and slaving away to pay bills and taking care of responsibilities and not enjoying life. A boring life is a wasted life as far as I'm concerned. It's not about climbing mountains or taking trips across the world, it's about enjoying what you have and not taking it for granted or ignoring it completely. It's about finding the little joys in life, or what I like to call "pockets of happiness".
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

Actually, O2 is not the most important thing. A pulse is most important. Hence the revised CPR guidelines have changed Breaths: compressions from 1:15 to 2:30. I know it seems similar, but this gets the blood moving better(ur body contains enough O2 to last through more compressions.

oh, good to know! of course, the reason being that blood carries oxygen to the brain, so they are somewhat interconnected. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by sprite

oh, good to know! of course, the reason being that blood carries oxygen to the brain, so they are somewhat interconnected. smile

Yeap...I still want my partner to have a pulse :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
HONESTY!! if we are honest to each other we can get thru anything.

Although PULSE is good too, but not a dealbreaker....................Just Kidding, LOL!!
0 likes
honesty is a good one but also I want him to be funny too. I have to laugh.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess being able to have that BOND. Were you are almost one person/ yin and yang. I think that is important.
Lurker
0 likes
Humor; because without it, I wouldn't be able to stand them.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
For me it's very difficult to say it's only one thing.

I have to say the "two things" are .... Respect and a sense of humour.

Without these traits/components, a relationship will not last with me.