is this the wrong thing to do

last reply
15 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my 60yo mom is a big fan of chris rock and his sexual-topics in his comedy routines always leads to our discussing certain issues and more often than not she lets it slip she is still wanting. my question is, can i buy my mom a adult toy if i know she is sexually frustrated, she is not online in order for me to steer her in that direction to make an anonymous purchase via the net.

she did mention in some conversations that my dad is ailing, and i have known for quite sum time that as much as they love each other it is just not happening in the bedroom.
do i steer clear of their love-life and let them suffer it out.... or can i as an adult son try and help???

my father is not interested in their love-life any longer and i think its an ego blow that has made him turn the cold shoulder towards her...she has confided in me that the pills and the pump he bought years back is just gathering dust. i cannot get myself to tell her personally to try a toy....so i would love to hear what u guys think???

do i or dont i???? i am well aware it could cause great embarrasment on both sides.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i love my toys!!! & i am 46

but i also know ladies of a certain generation find them...ah...challenging...(an omg moment..lol)

are u really close to you mom..do u talk about sexual topics??

if so..pehaps a catalog..first..a website...or show her your toys..or maybe a sex toy party & lots of wine..smile

i love that u care so much for your mom...it is soo lovely
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
since i can remember my mom and i could talk about most things.... she was always very liberal in her thinking and even while i was in high school she would encourage me to be open and frank.... our topics were never lewd or purely sexual but i could talk about most things and she would never freak or be judgemental...she had a good friend who was in a lesbian relationship and whenevr she had problems she would confide in my mom, and my mom would tell me about their hang-ups and relationship problems and it would just be normal conversation, (i was in high school at the time)..... so yes we were always open, but had our limits as well.. never-ever any gory details...lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
talking open about certain things is easy, but popping in with a catalogue in hand or nicely wrapped adult gift could be a BIG EMBARRASMENT if she is caught off-guard...lol....would sending it anonymously be a better option??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hmm good point...honestly ..dont laugh i got my rabbit after watching sex in the city ..lol..how about putting a catalog in with her mail w/o her...ahh knowing.

but if you think it would freak her out...perhap...no..

me i wish i had bought 1 20 years ago....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lol....i like the way u think.....i get the feeling you are trying to make this happen with me blaze!!!.....lol..thanx for being so enthusiastic.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
and then also...WHAT DO I GET HER IF I DO GO AHEAD WITH IT????.....i was thinking just a small pocket vibe.....i think anything resembling a penis would be pushing it seeing its coming from me...lol..whew.... wat am i getting myself into...lol
Lurker
0 likes
Let's remember the guidelines to this website. This conversation is getting dangerously close to incest and we don't allow discussions of that here. Just a word of caution.

That being said, take the young ladies advise, call or go online to a toy site and order a catalog delivered to your mother's address. Simple. Let her choose her toy if she wants one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thanx..noted....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I say its ok if she is been given the cold sholder or dick, just get her one not too big and just tell her when your in need of some release and you have no one to help. That you have a friend that helps out ... :d/
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not only is OK, I think it is great that you care enough about your mom to do this. But it may be best to discuss it with her first so she isnt embarrassed. And if she seems interested, I agree it might be best to get her a catalog to look at and let her pick what she thinks she may like to try.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would get her one nothing outrageous just a simple vibe and if anything just play it off as a gag gift if she gets embarrassed ;-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thanx all>>wonderfull advice...i think the idea of it as a bit of a joke or light-hearted approach would work excellent given the circumsatnces....

thanx...ALOT!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
just wee clarification to the chef...

in no way was i even suggesting anything remotely CLOSE to a incestuous anything between..these people..

vibrators changed my life period...

i love that she wishes to bring the same joy to her loved 1

THAT...is...all....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me to go out and BUY my mother a vibrator is overstepping my boundaries.
I am her child. Not her sex coach or teacher. I find a line would be totally crossed. The rest of you guys can go ahead and encourage him, but I won't.
Throwing a Fantasia Party for her with a bunch of her friends and my own friends would be alright. This doesn't seem to bother me.
But for me to go out of my way and buy one for her just smacks me as rather disgusting.
She's a big girl, no matter how you look at it... she'll find a way to get one if she wants it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Let's remember the guidelines to this website. This conversation is getting dangerously close to incest and we don't allow discussions of that here. Just a word of caution.

That being said, take the young ladies advise, call or go online to a toy site and order a catalog delivered to your mother's address. Simple. Let her choose her toy if she wants one.

Agreed with Chefkathleen, Empower your mother with information (catalogues) ultimately the decision on what she does with it lies with her and let it be. No further discussion needs to take place or probed to satisfy your curiosity instead observe to see if there is a change in mannerism. Hope all goes well for her