Just One Of Those Days

last reply
25 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So I've seen The Rage Cage and Meh threads but I think I fall somewhere between the two today. I'm sure everyone has had one of those days where you wake up in a pissed off mood for no reason or ended up there for no particular reason That is where I am at the moment; I was thinking about venting in The Rage Cage but found I had nothing to really vent... I'm just pissed. I had a pretty standard day that doesn't warrant my shit awful mood yet I feel like throwing my glass at the wall, though being plastic it wouldn't have desired effect. I'm usually a pretty upbeat person which is why I can't stand when I have days like this! Well here it is for those Lush members who don't have a reason for the awful mood they are in... feel free to post whatever. I hope it helps you! At least I don't feel quite so much like throwing my glass anymore.

Also for my Lush community stuck in this craptastic mood I present one of my favorite songs for just these type of days.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Do you know, I was just all "I am soooo sad and grumpy, but I have nowhere to post, as it doesn't fit "Meh" or "Rage Cage".

And now I have this! WOOOO! Thank you! Oh wait....

I'm all, grrrr, and , and grrrrrr, and feck off, and , and tomorrow is going to be CRAPPETTY CRAP. On a stick.

I just want fish and chips and Haagen Dazs Dulce du leche and a cuddle until I fall asleep with a sexy lad that fancies me, and I can't have any of those.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
Do you know, I was just all "I am soooo sad and grumpy, but I have nowhere to post, as it doesn't fit "Meh" or "Rage Cage".

And now I have this! WOOOO! Thank you! Oh wait....

I think this was the thread I needed yesterday... Miss Daisy was so kind to listen to me vent

And the song I was listening to yesterday for that mood somewhere between ARGH and GRRRR was:

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness

I think this was the thread I needed yesterday... Miss Daisy was so kind to listen to me vent

And the song I was listening to yesterday for that mood somewhere between ARGH and GRRRR was:

Ah, you can't beat listening to somebody else's vent to make you feel better.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I'm all, grrrr, and , and grrrrrr, and feck off, and , and tomorrow is going to be CRAPPETTY CRAP. On a stick.

I just want fish and chips and Haagen Dazs Dulce du leche and a cuddle until I fall asleep with a sexy lad that fancies me, and I can't have any of those.

I hope your day was better then CRAPPETTY CRAP on a stick Shylass but if that is not the case feel free to post away! I'm glad someone else got good use out of this thread as well and I totally agree on wanting Haagen Dazs and a cuddle time with a sexy lad but I'm in the same boat there.

Also thank you to TheDevilsWeakness for a great song.
Lurker
0 likes
This thread is great, it's just made me realise that I'm feeling that way. Not pissed off, not meh but somewhere in the middle. It's like I could go either way. I actually did get fucking angry earlier with my laptop because it was being an extraordinarily slow prick and then mehed out a little. It's the indecisiveness that I'm not keen on.

I can't dedicate a song to this feeling but if I did, it'd have to be something mediocre and extraordinary. I wrote this massive rant but I'm not gonna let anyone see it, it was just for me. I was doing that thing I sometimes do and bottling things up. I couldn't tell the subject of the rant about it because it's pretty hurtful to them but I had to let it out and now that I've let it out, I'm all residual anger with a side of fuck you and a dessert of whatever.

It feels like a mythic triumph over a completely indifferent foe, as Buffy said to Giles after he'd attempted to beat Toth with a fertility God statue and Toth just turned and swept out majestically (Episode 3, Season 5, "The Replacement"). Yeah, I'm that much of a Buffy fiend that I can quote whole bits like that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Always glad to hear this thread is useful to my Lush friends; I hope your feeling better today Gurlyboy and I absolutely love that you can quote Buffy bits!! I was reading your post and thought to myself that when I made the original post I had a Buffy quote that would fit perfectly but forgot to include it

See when I get into one of these moods I often go shut myself away in my room to avoid unintentionally freaking out on someone and I think Buffy summed it up the best when she said, "I don't want any trouble. I just wanna be alone and quiet in a room with a chair and a fireplace and a tea cozy. I don't even know what a tea cozy is. But I want one. Instead, I keep getting trouble, which I am more than willing to share."

Now that I have remedied the earlier forgetfulness I'm off.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Today was CRAPPETTY CRAP (on a stick), but whilst I feel like I have gone through the mill and been wrung out, and pegged limply on a washing line, my friends have managed to shine a little light, and it helped.

I still feel really, really crap. But it helped.

Thank you for making me smile too.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

On the plus side, a few people have made me smile tonight.

Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Echo88

See when I get into one of these moods I often go shut myself away in my room to avoid unintentionally freaking out on someone and I think Buffy summed it up the best when she said, "I don't want any trouble. I just wanna be alone and quiet in a room with a chair and a fireplace and a tea cozy. I don't even know what a tea cozy is. But I want one. Instead, I keep getting trouble, which I am more than willing to share."

Now that I have remedied the earlier forgetfulness I'm off.

A few examples of tea cozys

Anyway, yesterday was one of those days, not a rage day, not a meh day, not a good day. Today is looking better
Lurker
0 likes
Today really has been one of those days, so far. I was having a few beers last night, watching Angel (season 4, disc 5), criticising it as I do then got on Lush after having watched my usual block of 4 episodes. Danced a wee bit to Slipknot and Metallica and then went to bed at about 5 o'clock. It was only then that I realised that I had to get up in a couple of hours for a totally useless job search appointment (I say it's useless because here in good old fucking Blighty, there are very few jobs available. You know it's bad when professionals like doctors and such are unemployed) anyway I'm digressing. I decided to blow the appointment off because the wee git that I'd be seeing is a complete and utter arsehole. Obviously, I'm now in trouble for doing so.

I decided to get my computer built again, so I went about doing that, made the cable management all ninja and tried to switch it on. Nothing. Not a fucking peep. My immediate thought was that I'd put something in wrong, so I verified all cables were in the correct place, checked the front panel header on the motherboard and everything was fine. My next port of call was the old screwdriver trick - I shorted the jumpers of the power header together using a screwdriver just to test if it was the power switch that was wrong. Still nothing. Tried a barrage of other tests and it's now become clear that the motherboard is dead. RIP Abit IP35 Pro, you've served both me and my mum well. I'm not exactly pissed off at that but I'm reluctantly accepting of it. I know it's old and I'm saving for a new system (one that's fast as fuck) but I'm just so sick of things breaking on me and not having the money to fix them. It's an arse.

Echo, you're damned right, that quote does fit here perfectly. "I don't want any trouble. I just wanna be alone and quiet in a room with a chair and a fireplace and a tea cozy. I don't even know what a tea cozy is. But I want one. Instead, I keep getting trouble, which I am more than willing to share." Sometimes Buffy just hit the nail on the head.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Weaver of Words
0 likes
took the car into the shop today. looks like it's gonna cost me. sigh
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Thank you for the image Shylass I absolutely love it smile
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Echo88

Thank you for the image Shylass I absolutely love it smile

Crazydiamond makes them, she is effing AMAZING! This is my other favourite:

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
<---- she made this too smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Weaver of Words
0 likes
haven't heard from a friend in weeks. not sure what the problem is. and was talking to another earlier today when she just disappeared and has not returned.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a reason for a good mad on. But then he apologized *sigh* then I had a bleh and now I am at the middle where I am liable to go either way! I hate these days!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Lurker
0 likes
Slow day. Cannot get my arse moving at all. There's a slight mehness about it, but its just one of those slow days where I intend to get stuff done but nothing happens. I'm so tired too. Anyone need an ADSL filter? I have loads that need sold. Blergh just about covers it. *sigh* going to sleep for a few days now.