Android App text to speech / audio options

last reply
2 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
For those who are visually impaired, we have coded in to our Android App, a text to speech option.

Simply click the speaker button and the story will be read out to you (I'm not sure if a robotic voice will really convey the emotions very well, but it's an option).

Or if you'd prefer the stories read out by someone a little warmer, click on our audio section. Stories in there can be listened to via the app's built in mp3 player.

Please let us know if you have any issues with the app, feedback is always appreciated, so we can improve.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Nic, while I don't Android, many thanks for adding this feature for my fellow blinks and all the hard-of-seeing. smile

Speaking of Lush audio stories, is there anyway to search for one other than scrolling through the ever lenghtening Audio category list?

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Nic, while I don't Android, many thanks for adding this feature for my fellow blinks and all the hard-of-seeing. smile

Speaking of Lush audio stories, is there anyway to search for one other than scrolling through the ever lenghtening Audio category list?

It would be nice to have the option to search in audio stories only. It's missing from the advanced search. I'll ask Gav to add it in.