Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Chat room custom backgrounds Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:57:33 PM

I've been exploring the chat rooms more and more these days and finding them rather more fun that I thought I would. There is, however, one thing that most people observe and that is that it's quite difficult to see the colours of some fonts against a custom background (which by the way, I think is a brilliant feature). I was wondering if the contrast or brightness of the background could be set to a custom level to make it easier to see colours. Obviously at first it would be trial and error to get it right, but in the end would prove quite useful, I think.
Catnip
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:44:54 PM

Interesting suggestion, would make the bg more of a watermark.

For now orange font seems to be a good choice for most BGs.

MrTLWolf
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:53:06 PM

I personally find some of them to be quite annoying. It's a nice idea, but the execution isn't great. There is one in particular that's gray bricks, pretty much exactly the same shade as everyone's names.
kylie_kained
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:40:18 PM

Although some have to change their colors I find that the pink background seems to make pics and gif's stand out more.

nicola
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:11:38 PM

It might be an idea to have the option to turn off backgrounds in every room. My 2 cents
Dani
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:18:01 AM

nicola wrote:
It might be an idea to have the option to turn off backgrounds in every room. My 2 cents

THIS!

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

TxPrincess
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:14:54 PM

nicola wrote:

that would be AWESOME

Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:40:56 AM

I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:15:19 AM

JohnC wrote:
I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL

A lot of people in the chat rooms like to have it off. kekekegay

On the rare occasions that I venture into the chat rooms, I love the atmosphere the pictures evoke. It would be great to turn them on kekekegay and off at will, though, if it's possible, as they make my eyes tired after a bit.

Sorry, Gav.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:17:23 PM

laughing3

thumbup
Swag_Master
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:36:39 AM

Im not a tech/computer savy guy - but do have ideas. Love the dancefloor background, but question/idea: could a person send a picture and have it made into a background option? or maybe linked to their profile to be used as a chatroom background? I try to run a room once a week with a kind of old vintage style. Get compliments on the dancefloor one, but am wondering about if its possible to link others to profiles.

Come visit The SpeakEasy , open on most Saturday nights around 930pm Central Standard Time. A place to relax, unwind, listen to music. Chat, Dance or just Enjoy. Its a classy joint!