Login

Les Miserables - The Movie

last reply
9 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
So... I was just watching the trailer for the new Les Miserables movie coming out in December... and I have to say... "wow."

I'm not one to cry at movies or sad stories, but music can easily reduce me to tears. Les Miz in particular has always made me sob like a baby. I dabbled a bit in musical theatre in high school and this was always the score I was most drawn to. It really is an epic story for the ages and the musical adaption is the best that's ever hit the stage, in my opinion. I'm really excited to see this one.

Not to mention - this is a total 'dream cast' - Hugh Jackman, Russell Crow, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried... I'll bet this will be racking up the awards the following year.

Lurker
0 likes
As most movies, they fall short, but become their own interpretation. Looks stirring.

Can't wait to watch it boil.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love Broadway really looking forward to this one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
excellent movie,excelllent score
Lurker
0 likes
... And I heard audience stood, clapped, and cried at the end of the film. smile
Lurker
0 likes
I absolutely adored watching Les Miserables. Hugh Jackman is one of my all time favourite actors and I've always admired Anne Hathaway's work as well. It's a pure work of brilliance that everyone should watch. biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Loved the old black and white original, the new version and also seeing it at the theatre.
0 likes
I know I'm completely out of step with everyone here, (and so my daughters tell me) but I thought it lived up to its name, It was the most miserable play/film I've seen. Sorry if I've stepped on anyone's toes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh. I refuse to watch the movie - Only the play is acceptable. smile. and then reading it.
Happiness is not an outcome or an entitlement. It is not tangible and it is not purchasable. It is a conscious decision, it is a state-of-mind, it is a choice you make at every crossroad.