Number Rating System

last reply
4 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was just curious as to what each number in the 1-5 system that Lush uses means to you? For example this is what I feel the numbers are:

5: Fantastic, some combination of superb writing, making me have an emotional response, or just a story that I know I will stick with me. Personally I give out very few 5s.

4: Good, enjoyable read that was well written, but it likely wont stay with me much past a few days. Typically a story will get a four if I enjoyed it, unless it really went beyond expectations.

3: Alright, it wasn't anything special, probably didn't really draw me in or sell the events. Or the events happening were so unrealistic I had a hard time suspending disbelief.

2: Pretty bad, either it had bad writing or the story just couldn't stand up under its own weight. I probably only got part way through.

1: Just awful, either the writing or the story were so bad that I couldn't get past much more than the premise.

I'm really curious as to how you folks feel about each number, so please illuminate me smile.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Quenton2123
I was just curious as to what each number in the 1-5 system that Lush uses means to you? For example this is what I feel the numbers are:

5: Fantastic, some combination of superb writing, making me have an emotional response, or just a story that I know I will stick with me. Personally I give out very few 5s.

4: Good, enjoyable read that was well written, but it likely wont stay with me much past a few days. Typically a story will get a four if I enjoyed it, unless it really went beyond expectations.

3: Alright, it wasn't anything special, probably didn't really draw me in or sell the events. Or the events happening were so unrealistic I had a hard time suspending disbelief.

2: Pretty bad, either it had bad writing or the story just couldn't stand up under its own weight. I probably only got part way through.

1: Just awful, either the writing or the story were so bad that I couldn't get past much more than the premise.

I'm really curious as to how you folks feel about each number, so please illuminate me smile.

You may or may not find this thread interesting: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst22526_How-Do-You-Score-Stories.aspx
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh, alright. Thanks smile
Lurker
0 likes
I believe the 1-5 thingy, is just what it is...a popularity contest. What if Shakespeare was given only a 1. Would it really make a difference?
Lurker
0 likes
Who cares about the meaning. In the words of the late, great Kurt Vonnegut, "Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a poem or story (novel) is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae."