blintzes (0 votes) 0%
waffle-cakes (a hybrid of sorts) (0 votes) 0%
panffles (the same as waffle-cakes only different) (0 votes) 0%
french toast (which is not really french) (6 votes) 33%
i don't really like breakfast all that much (1 vote) 6%
i'm more of a hash browns and eggs kind of person (4 votes) 22%
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
well, there you have it - let the great debate begin!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Wow, I haven't heard of a few of the waffle-family items you mentioned! lol

Hmmm.... I tend to be more of an eggs and bacon type, but a couple of times a year, I'll go for the waffles and maple syrup with fruit. I love maple syrup - but burnt sausage dipped in maple syrup gets me more excited than waffles or pancakes. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm definitely an eggs, bacon, and hash browns kind of guy. I've never liked pancakes or waffles or the like. Too doughy, not a fan of anything really that's doughy. But if we go to breakfast somewhere, i will dip my bacon or sausage in someone else's maple syrup. You're right on target with that DD.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Head Nurse
0 likes
MMM, breakfast....

what about biscuits and gravy? (I mean what about us southern girls?)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Hmmm.... I tend to be more of an eggs and bacon type, but a couple of times a year, I'll go for the waffles and maple syrup with fruit. I love maple syrup - but burnt sausage dipped in maple syrup gets me more excited than waffles or pancakes. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

actually, we get veggie sausages, morning star makes them, that are maple flavored, and they're really good, or i just get the regular ones and put a little maple syrup on them - not much, we get the really good stuff, the REAL stuff, and it's a bit pricey - usually, i go with fresh fruit or apple sauce on my waffles, pancakes, whatever smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I love maple syrup - but burnt sausage dipped in maple syrup gets me more excited than waffles or pancakes. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

That goes with anything. Eggs, french toast, pancakes OR waffles. Crispy burnt skinned sausages dipped in warm maple syrup. *sigh*swoon*

But I can't decide.

I make my kids pancakes all the time. Crepes, too.
I have french toast when I make cinnamon swirl bread.
But waffles are a ritual easter/thanksgiving/birthday/christmas/(insert holiday here) morning traditon in my house. My dad made the best caramel pecan praline waffles and towering blueberry, strawberry, banana fruit concoctions and waffles with ice cream and chocolate syrup. The list is endless. Maybe I am a closet waffle lover?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
MMM, breakfast....

what about biscuits and gravy? (I mean what about us southern girls?)

umm... i ran out of room - it only lets you put like 8 choices in the poll - i could start a new one - i missed out on oatmeal too! smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow that was a hard one..i love breakfast and all the foods mentioned!

but i chose not really french french toast. i like mine dripping wtih butter and powdered sugar.

and doll...who doesnt love sausage and maple syrup! biggrin
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
i will dip my sausage in someone else's maple syrup.

yeah, i've heard that about you!

Clever Gem
0 likes
I chose eggs, I like eggs for breakfast, and occasionally something sweeter like pancakes. Waffles are nice, but I try to keep away from the blue ones.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by littlemissbitch

and doll...who doesnt love sausage and maple syrup! biggrin

I have been at BBQs where I actually ask for my hot dog to be lightly burnt on the outside (burnt is key!) and will sit there happily with my hot dog cut into bits, a fork and some maple syrup on the side. It's also a yummy option when you want to avoid bread carbs. And yeah, I know - but sugar doesn't count...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

btw, waffle-cakes and panffles are my own inventions, not sure if anyone else does this...

panffles - i make pancakes and then put them in the waffle maker

waffle-cakes - two small waffles with a small pancake inbetween - sort of like a sandwich, only there's a layer of jam between each layer of waffle/pancakes, like a birthday cake thingy smile

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by sprite

actually, we get veggie sausages, morning star makes them, that are maple flavored, and they're really good, or i just get the regular ones and put a little maple syrup on them - not much, we get the really good stuff, the REAL stuff, and it's a bit pricey - usually, i go with fresh fruit or apple sauce on my waffles, pancakes, whatever smile

I don't really eat red meat except for sausage and bacon and the occasional McDonalds cheeseburger. Those don't count because it's not in a meat-like format so I can disassociate from the original food source. lol

I have had veggie burgers and tofu-dogs though - and don't mind them at all. They're getting better and better with them. When I was a kid, a veggie-inspired meat product pretty much tasted like sawdust. Now, in a lot of cases, I can't even tell the difference.

PS. you need to come to Canada for the really good maple syrup. ;)
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by sprite

btw, waffle-cakes and panffles are my own inventions, not sure if anyone else does this...

panffles - i make pancakes and then put them in the waffle maker

waffle-cakes - two small waffles with a small pancake inbetween - sort of like a sandwich, only there's a layer of jam between each layer of waffle/pancakes, like a birthday cake thingy smile

Ohhhhh.... ok. haha. Yeah, I was wondering about those two.

PS. You should try a layer of plain cream cheese and strawberry jam on top for the fillings - tastes like cheesecake.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I don't really eat red meat except for sausage and bacon and the occasional McDonalds cheeseburger. Those don't count because it's not in a meat-like format so I can disassociate from the original food source. lol

I have had veggie burgers and tofu-dogs though - and don't mind them at all. They're getting better and better with them. When I was a kid, a veggie-inspired meat product pretty much tasted like sawdust. Now, in a lot of cases, I can't even tell the difference.

PS. you need to come to Canada for the really good maple syrup. ;)

yeah, i remember having a veggie burger when i was a kid and it tasted awful - NOW we get all sorts of yummy stuff - kind of hooked on the veggie corn dogs right now, they are SO good, but we get pretty much every meat item in meatless form - tho i don't think i've seen ham, but sausage, hot dogs, burgers, ribs, turkey, chicken, ground beef, and to be honest, i like them better than i remember liking their real meat counter parts. smile

*nods* or Maine - i think the stuff we get is imported from Maine, or so it claims. that said, Kate has a fondness for blueberry syrup too, so there's usually a choice, and it's cheaper for when we decide to add it into our *coughs* playtime...

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Ohhhhh.... ok. haha. Yeah, I was wondering about those two.

PS. You should try a layer of plain cream cheese and strawberry jam on top for the fillings - tastes like cheesecake.

mm... never thought of that... girl, you're just trying to fatten me up, now smile

Lurker
0 likes
Pancakes is the way of the Motherland. We will first give Power to the Proletariat, then the Proletariat will Plunder the Pancakes of the Protectorate Pigs!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by sprite

mm... never thought of that... girl, you're just trying to fatten me up, now smile

hehe... or you can put them on graham crackers - same effect. Probably still the skinnier version of the the actual cheesecake option.

Or - try this as a filling or topping: ricotta cheese, raisins, two packets of sweet'n'low and a dash of vanilla extract - just mix and serve <-- from the old South Beach diet, and even when eaten alone, it's a nice little ultra-low-fat dessert that satisfies the sweet-cravings totally guilt-free.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I have been at BBQs where I actually ask for my hot dog to be lightly burnt on the outside (burnt is key!) and will sit there happily with my hot dog cut into bits, a fork and some maple syrup on the side. It's also a yummy option when you want to avoid bread carbs. And yeah, I know - but sugar doesn't count...

burned yes...we love that sweet caramelization! but syrup on a hot dog...thats a new one to try smile
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Funny how neither pancakes nor waffles is winning. I forgot all about French Toast. I voted for that shit. You could get me to just about anything for some good French Toast, man.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Damn. Wish I'd voted for Blintzes. No idea what they really are, but they sound good and sugary.
Head Nurse
0 likes
My French toast is made with the cooks illustrated recipe that uses yogurt. Then I use cinnamon swirl bread(although occasional forays into apple fritter bread have been equally successful) mmmm, that stuff is so good we scarf it up right from the pan, no syrup needed!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Damn. Wish I'd voted for Blintzes. No idea what they really are, but they sound good and sugary.

Blintzes are crepes stuffed with sour cream and fruit. They are then fried or baked.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like it all, lately I have been trying eggs over easy and pancakes. My favorite, as I have also voted is french toast. At times I like to prepare a somehow variation consisting of 2 slices of the FT with a slice of mozzarella cheese sealed in between. It's actually another product altogether that also suited for brunch.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
My French toast is made with the cooks illustrated recipe that uses yogurt. Then I use cinnamon swirl bread(although occasional forays into apple fritter bread have been equally successful) mmmm, that stuff is so good we scarf it up right from the pan, no syrup needed!

Marry me?

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
Funny how neither pancakes nor waffles is winning. I forgot all about French Toast. I voted for that shit. You could get me to just about anything for some good French Toast, man.

It is obvious that the majority in here are peace loving hippies that will gladly wave the white flag in order for them to sit and eat their little toasts. But the united pancakefront will not be defeated by this pacifism!
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth

It is obvious that the majority in here are peace loving hippies that will gladly wave the white flag in order for them to sit and eat their little toasts. But the united pancakefront will not be defeated by this pacifism!

Lookie here, sir: You will NOT oppress one of the most beloved meals of the day.

OMG...look at what it's doing to us!! Breakfast foods shouldn't tear us apart. They should be drenched in syrup and then bring us all together as one united breakfast front.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Marry me?

hey, you, get in line, take a number, and all that! i saw her first! *gigglefit*

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by sprite

hey, you, get in line, take a number, and all that! i saw her first! *gigglefit*

rock, paper, scissors?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

rock, paper, scissors?

ok, you go first! (sometimes being blonde is an asset!)